cops force pepper spray down the throats of UC davis students

Did you all know the UC Davis cop is a former Sgt in the US Marine Corp? Shame on you all for speaking about a vet that way.
If that fat slob was in the Corps it must have been a long time ago. And it has nothing to do with the fact that he's a scumbag.

how long do the pigs think people will sit back and take it? Once a few cops are shot at and treated how they treat protestors then the real revolution will occur

Do yo the link to the video of this being done?

I can't believe that if this happened, there was nobody there who had a smart phone at the ready.

Militarization of Campus Police

By Bob Ostertag: Composer, historian, journalist, and Professor of Technocultural Studies and Music at UC Davis

Yesterday, police at UC Davis attacked seated students with a chemical gas.

I teach at UC Davis and I personally know many of the students who were the victims of this brutal and unprovoked assault. They are top students. In fact, I can report that among the students I know, the higher a student's grade point average, the more likely it is that they are centrally involved in the protests.

This is not surprising, since what is at issue is the dismantling of public education in California. Just six years ago, tuition at the University of California was $5357. Tuition is currently $12,192. According to current proposals, it will be $22,068 by 2015-2016. We have discussed this in my classes, and about one third of my students report that their families would likely have to pull them out of school at the new tuition. It is not a happy moment when the students look around the room and see who it is that will disappear from campus. These are young people who, like college students everywhere and at all times, form some of the deepest friendships they will have in their lives.

This is what motivates students who have never taken part in any sort of social protest to "occupy" the campus quad. And indeed, there were students who were attacked with chemical agents by robocops who were engaging in their first civic protest.

More: Bob Ostertag: Militarization of Campus Police

What a noble sentiment. What is the writer of the article doing to reduce the costs of the education?

As much as I'd like to see that cop taken out and flogged for what he did to that kid?

Not every cop is brutalizing the OWS protestors.

Most of them are doing their jobs HONORABLY.

And if in your opinion their job isn't honorable?

Imagine what would happen if there weren't any cops there.

CHOAS would happen.

Counter demonstators would get into conflict with OWS demonstators and the body count would be much much worse.

The problem is less to do with the cops than it is those giving the orders.

Giving orders to which group?

As much as I'd like to see that cop taken out and flogged for what he did to that kid?

Not every cop is brutalizing the OWS protestors.

Most of them are doing their jobs HONORABLY.

And if in your opinion their job isn't honorable?

Imagine what would happen if there weren't any cops there.

CHOAS would happen.

Counter demonstators would get into conflict with OWS demonstators and the body count would be much much worse.

The problem is less to do with the cops than it is those giving the orders.

Giving orders to which group?
Lakhota is right. And that was obvious from the first confrontation in New York City.

When the ordinary patrolmen were behaving rather gently toward the protesters the supervisory officers (white shirts) jumped in and started spraying and manhandling people, which is extremely unusual for them. Normally they remain in the background issuing orders. Their becoming physically involved made it clear that orders came down from on high to get tough with the protesters. What we saw without actually seeing is billionaire mayor, Michael Bloomberg, setting his private army against a movement protesting his One Percent cult of the super rich.

In the UC Davis example the cop doing the gratuitous spraying (Pike) is a Lieutenent, the ranking officer in that group of cops, which means the orders to get tough came from above.

What they should have used

I wasn't aware of an increase in the number of "no-knock home invasions" by the police, Mike...care to point me to some statistics on this problem?

Botched Paramilitary Police Raids

Talk:No-knock warrant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.cato.org/pubs/wtpapers/balko_whitepaper_2006.pdf

And the Cato Institute is a Conservative think tank. They are not Liberals. Also, the info in the Map is several years old and has not yet been updated.

Your cites show an increase in SWAT teams across the country, something which I hardly find surprising in the wake of Columbine and 9/11.
The vast majority of no-knock break-ins are based on drug investigations and other relatively petty nonsense, why are you focused on Columbine and 9/11? Is it a fixation of some kind?

Where are your stats on the increase of "no knock" raids?
Go back and read the Cato paper, which mentions the increase and time frame, do the math and derive the statistics if you need them for some project.

By the way, what are your thoughts on the number of break-ins which are mistakes and the innocent citizens who are killed by the no-knock break-in goons? Do you find that worthy of discussion?

Forced it down their Throats? Um no the Protestors Defied their Orders and continued to Block students from getting to class. They were then sprayed from a distance of about 3 feet in the face.

If they didn't want it to happen, all they had to do was get out of the fucking way.

No matter how many time you Liberal Asshole try and say it. Blocking Other Students ability to get to class is not a Protected right. Breaking the law in the Name of Protest is not Lawful, and is not your right. Do it and you will get fucking pepper spray in the face. Don't like it, then stay with in the fucking law when you Assemble and Protest.

Last edited:
Forced it down their Throats? Um no the Protestors Defied their Orders and continued to Block students from getting to class. They were then sprayed from a distance of about 3 feet in the face.

If they didn't want it to happen, all they had to do was get out of the fucking way.

No matter how many time you Liberal Asshole try and say it. Blocking Other Students ability to get to class is not a Protected right. Breaking the law in the Name of Protest is not Lawful, and is not your right. Do it and you will get fucking pepper spray in the face. Don't like it, then stay with in the fucking law when you Assemble and Protest.
They got what they deserved. Period.

Did you all know the UC Davis cop is a former Sgt in the US Marine Corp? Shame on you all for speaking about a vet that way.
If that fat slob was in the Corps it must have been a long time ago. And it has nothing to do with the fact that he's a scumbag.

Liberals spew hate at military veterans.

That's a great headline!

MikeK, work on reading comprehension. I laid out the whole spill on no-knock warrants. You failed to grasp it.

That's a great headline!

Thats right. Once the UC crowd realize that he not only was the pepper sprayer, but a MARINE, oh man their hatred will amplify! Theres few things the typical far lefty hates more than a cop, but a squared away Marine may be one of them.

Do you know the level of AUTHORITY it would take to redistribute the nation's wealth the way OWS is demanding?

How fucking ironic right?
An act of Congress to modify the tax code. If OWS continues through to November 2012, which is very likely, by then it's quite possible the voting public will be made sufficiently aware of what is going on in Washington to sweep the House clean of the corporate puppets and elect some radical Democrats and/or Independents.

That's a great headline!

Thats right. Once the UC crowd realize that he not only was the pepper sprayer, but a MARINE, oh man their hatred will amplify! Theres few things the typical far lefty hates more than a cop, but a squared away Marine may be one of them.
You call that sloppy-looking porker squared away?

Do you know the level of AUTHORITY it would take to redistribute the nation's wealth the way OWS is demanding?

How fucking ironic right?
An act of Congress to modify the tax code. If OWS continues through to November 2012, which is very likely, by then it's quite possible the voting public will be made sufficiently aware of what is going on in Washington to sweep the House clean of the corporate puppets and elect some radical Democrats and/or Independents.

And if someone refuses to comply with that, MEN WITH GUNS AND PEPPER SPRAY will come to your home and use force to take you to jail. You are advocating laws that would require the same authority that you hate.

How do you not understand that.

That's a great headline!

You call that sloppy-looking porker squared away?

I was speaking in generality. Not about him individually. Although I'm sure he was squared away 20 years ago when he was a young Marine. 95% of Americans his age are sloppy porkers. Our nation is too fat. You likely are too.

See my new thread on militarization of police. Interested in hearing your take on it. Some suprising stats to show.

Wall Street ran a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy, and NO ONE WENT TO JAIL FOR IT.

But if you protest against this fact....

111115_dorli_rainey.jpg

Darn those zero sum derivative bets!

How is that a Ponzi scheme?

I had to laugh when i read this morning that some of these Police were actually claiming they were frightened of these completely unarmed kids sitting and protesting. They're saying this while at the same time wearing their black uniforms armed with body armor,tasers,pepper spray,clubs,and automatic weapons. Now that's some funny shit. They were scared? How bout these poor kids? This is why more people are turning on the Police. They lie.

I had to laugh when i read this morning that some of these Police were actually claiming they were frightened of these completely unarmed kids sitting and protesting. They're saying this while at the same time wearing their black uniforms armed with body armor,tasers,pepper spray,clubs,and automatic weapons. Now that's some funny shit. They were scared? How bout these poor kids? This is why more people are turning on the Police. They lie.
Yeah, and i'm sure you have a link to prove it, correct?:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back