Corporation vs Government: Who Do You Trust?

Please spell out what is wrong with child labor. Keep in mind at the time it was prevalent the alternative was hard work for no wages on the family farm

The premise is false. I can't answer a question that requires me to accept a false premise. That is called begging the question. It is a logical fallacy. You would know that if you had gotten an education, but since, apparently, you were working in a coal mine from the time you were 8 years old,

that didn't occur.
There is no false premise.
Please spell out what is wrong with child labor.
If you can't make an argument at least say you don't know or can't and we can go from there.

It's a false premise to claim that most American children face hard work on a farm if they aren't put to work otherwise. It's laughable, in fact.
If that were the premise you would be right.
But it isn't
So please lay out what is wrong with child labor.

Yeah, The Rabbi, your political beliefs and defense of unbridled capitalism clearly posits you as an enemy of mankind.

Yeah, The Rabbi, your political beliefs and defense of unbridled capitalism clearly posits you as an enemy of mankind.

It might make me the Devil Incarnate.
But can you articulate, for the last time, what is wrong with child labor?

NYBlowhard and BGFNIDIOT obviously can't.

There is no false premise.
Please spell out what is wrong with child labor.
If you can't make an argument at least say you don't know or can't and we can go from there.

It's a false premise to claim that most American children face hard work on a farm if they aren't put to work otherwise. It's laughable, in fact.
If that were the premise you would be right.
But it isn't
So please lay out what is wrong with child labor.

You wrote it, how can it not be the premise?

Child labor is wrong because they're children. You can't figure it out from there? I'm guessing then you can't figure out why adults having sex with children is wrong.

The premise is wrong, period. The Rabbi is wrong here, period. You notice no one else is defending his stupid child labor comments. What an idiot!

They sre stuck in the past with images as this:

Boysinacigarfactory1908.gif

When reality is far from it. There are laws in place. What don't they understand about that? They'd rather demonize companies thinking the above is the norm.

When reality is far from it. There are laws in place. What don't they understand about that? They'd rather demonize companies thinking the above is the norm.

Yes, the Statists used the long arm of Federal law to take away the liberty of children to do that, didn't they?

You made my point. Rabbi is objecting to my pointing out that it was the GOVERNMENT that outlawed most child labor, when corporations wouldn't end the practice on their own. We have government, not corporations, to do the right thing in such cases.

Yes, the Statists used the long arm of Federal law to take away the liberty of children to do that, didn't they?

You made my point. Rabbi is objecting to my pointing out that it was the GOVERNMENT that outlawed most child labor, when corporations wouldn't end the practice on their own. We have government, not corporations, to do the right thing in such cases.

Still waiting for any coherent explanation as to why child labor is wrong. Any time now, if you please.

The picture is what, 100 years old? WHat was the alternative for those children?

The picture is what, 100 years old? WHat was the alternative for those children?

102 years to be precise. Those are child laborers in a cigar plant, August 1908.

Indeed...what WAS their alternative back then?

There's also the little aspect that it was the superior economic growth of the United States that enables parents to support their families without the need of child labor. Sadly, our current culture of rewarding government dependency instead of encouraging real investment is ruining the ability of parents to do so.

The economic growth and quality of life in the US is tied to (1) regulated capitalism, and (2) a capitalism that empowers the middle. We can grow mightily as we did when there were no billionaires but a strong middle class. Now we have billionaires and a weakening middle class, which is causing our fall from supremacy.

There's also the little aspect that it was the superior economic growth of the United States that enables parents to support their families without the need of child labor. Sadly, our current culture of rewarding government dependency instead of encouraging real investment is ruining the ability of parents to do so.

No, the power of corporations to globalize and drive down American wages has imposed the necessity of the two earner household on most families. THAT is the biggest detriment to American children.

Ironically, the globalization strategy takes advantage of moving production to places where cheap child labor is still legal and available.

But hey, I guess it's your 'right' to champion that.

The alternative is what we have now, thanks to the GOVERNMENT.

Forum List

Back