Corporation vs Government: Who Do You Trust?

They sre stuck in the past with images as this:

Boysinacigarfactory1908.gif

When reality is far from it. There are laws in place. What don't they understand about that? They'd rather demonize companies thinking the above is the norm.

Yes, the Statists used the long arm of Federal law to take away the liberty of children to do that, didn't they?

You made my point. Rabbi is objecting to my pointing out that it was the GOVERNMENT that outlawed most child labor, when corporations wouldn't end the practice on their own. We have government, not corporations, to do the right thing in such cases.

Still waiting for any coherent explanation as to why child labor is wrong. Any time now, if you please.

I told you why. Because they are children. If you too stupid to understand why children shouldn't be working in mines, factories, sweatshops, then you are apparently ineducable.

Now, I've answered your question. Answer mine, what's wrong with child prostitution?

They sre stuck in the past with images as this:

Boysinacigarfactory1908.gif

When reality is far from it. There are laws in place. What don't they understand about that? They'd rather demonize companies thinking the above is the norm.

The picture is what, 100 years old? WHat was the alternative for those children?

The alternative is what we have now, thanks to the GOVERNMENT.

Isn't that Boedicca (left front) and The Rabbi (right front) in the children's picture? Well, I am sure they are happy that corporatism is giving them opportunity for training at such a young age. :lol:

The picture is what, 100 years old? WHat was the alternative for those children?

The alternative is what we have now, thanks to the GOVERNMENT.

Isn't that Boedicca (left front) and The Rabbi (right front) in the children's picture? Well, I am sure they are happy that corporatism is giving them opportunity for training at such a young age. :lol:

Well, they're into the whole 'liberty' thing,

it was probably the work that set them free.

Yes, the Statists used the long arm of Federal law to take away the liberty of children to do that, didn't they?

You made my point. Rabbi is objecting to my pointing out that it was the GOVERNMENT that outlawed most child labor, when corporations wouldn't end the practice on their own. We have government, not corporations, to do the right thing in such cases.

Still waiting for any coherent explanation as to why child labor is wrong. Any time now, if you please.

I told you why. Because they are children. If you too stupid to understand why children shouldn't be working in mines, factories, sweatshops, then you are apparently ineducable.

Now, I've answered your question. Answer mine, what's wrong with child prostitution?

So children shouldn't work? Is that your answer? Really?

There's also the little aspect that it was the superior economic growth of the United States that enables parents to support their families without the need of child labor. Sadly, our current culture of rewarding government dependency instead of encouraging real investment is ruining the ability of parents to do so.

No, the power of corporations to globalize and drive down American wages has imposed the necessity of the two earner household on most families. THAT is the biggest detriment to American children.

Ironically, the globalization strategy takes advantage of moving production to places where cheap child labor is still legal and available.

But hey, I guess it's your 'right' to champion that.

Actually it was the inflation of the 1970s that destroyed the earning power of the American worker and made the two income household a necessity.
The feminist movement took the opportunity to make a virtue of necessity and made the working mom the model.
Both of these of course are products of liberalism.

ill ask again....

I'm sure no one supports chlid slavery...

but a kid working to make a few bucks of his own free will is a good thing isnt it?

Nope, The Rabbi, there is nothing you can do save your position here: your own words p'wn you.

Nope, The Rabbi, there is nothing you can do save your position here: your own words p'wn you.

Your lack of ability to articulate a position at all pwns you. And of course shows you as Jake Starkey, King of the Unsubstantiated Statement! All Hail King!

ill ask again....

I'm sure no one supports chlid slavery...

but a kid working to make a few bucks of his own free will is a good thing isnt it?

I say kids babysitting,delivering the newspaper,saleing lemmonaid or girlscout cookies.ahh whats the big deal?.as long as its not slavery !!?.

Please spell out what is wrong with child labor. Keep in mind at the time it was prevalent the alternative was hard work for no wages on the family farm

The premise is false. I can't answer a question that requires me to accept a false premise. That is called begging the question. It is a logical fallacy. You would know that if you had gotten an education, but since, apparently, you were working in a coal mine from the time you were 8 years old,

that didn't occur.
There is no false premise.
Please spell out what is wrong with child labor.
If you can't make an argument at least say you don't know or can't and we can go from there.

It's a false premise to claim that most American children face hard work on a farm if they aren't put to work otherwise. It's laughable, in fact.

Maybe the most children (as in out of all the children in the country) part isn't accurate, but knowing quite a few people with family run farms I can tell that of the farms that do exist, if they have children, they are working on the farm

If you can't make an argument at least say you don't know or can't and we can go from there.

It's a false premise to claim that most American children face hard work on a farm if they aren't put to work otherwise. It's laughable, in fact.

Maybe the most children (as in out of all the children in the country) part isn't accurate, but knowing quite a few people with family run farms I can tell that of the farms that do exist, if they have children, they are working on the farm

Son, the bizarre does not defend your wierdness any better than what you were doing before.

You are suggesting child labor was a good thing in the factories, and that government regulation to stop it and send owners/managers to jail for doing it was a bad thing.

Is that what you are saying? You are a psychotalker.

That wasn't even the claim. But NYAsshole is exhibiting his typical 3rd grade reading skills and can't even get that right.
He and Jake could screw up a wet dream.

Son, the bizarre does not defend your wierdness any better than what you were doing before.

You are suggesting child labor was a good thing in the factories, and that government regulation to stop it and send owners/managers to jail for doing it was a bad thing.

I never said any of that. That was my first comment on the child labor aspect of the discussion. I am fairly certain it doesn't need any clarification.

As for you I am still waiting for you to tell me how corporations compensating people above what is required by law is just an opinion.

I never said any of that. That was my first comment on the child labor aspect of the discussion. I am fairly certain it doesn't need any clarification.

As for you I am still waiting for you to tell me how corporations compensating people above what is required by law is just an opinion.

Jake can't even make an argument for why child labor is bad. That ought to be a no brainer for someone. Of course look who we're dealing with here.

Then you are suggesting it, your question is not relevant other than in part government makes corporations more responsible to its workers and customers and society, and most of your responses will descend into babbletalk.

Forum List

Back