Corrupt Son of a Bitch

Can you actually name an elected official who isn't corrupt? I say not a chance. A person can't get to be in a high position without being corrupt. But the average working person working a crazy amount of hours to live paycheck to paycheck can't do anything about it. The whole system is awash in underhandedness and corruption.

What a sad cynical viewpoint.
iu
It’s a very accurate appraisal of current affairs.

America is the land of opportunity. There are plenty of ways to get yourself out of poverty. There is always going to be a segment of the population that will be poor, either because that is how they want to live or because they just don't have the motivation to do anything about their situation. Because human beings have many flaws, you are always going to have poverty. Nobody said life was fair or easy.
True enough.

Now understand that we have a central government spending trillions annually on all sorts of ridiculous shit, but the poor don’t get healthcare, higher education, or a decent paying job. I find that unacceptable. You should too. All this goes on while the extreme rich control government and media.

Can you actually name an elected official who isn't corrupt? I say not a chance. A person can't get to be in a high position without being corrupt. But the average working person working a crazy amount of hours to live paycheck to paycheck can't do anything about it. The whole system is awash in underhandedness and corruption.

iu

America is the land of opportunity. There are plenty of ways to get yourself out of poverty. There is always going to be a segment of the population that will be poor, either because that is how they want to live or because they just don't have the motivation to do anything about their situation. Because human beings have many flaws, you are always going to have poverty. Nobody said life was fair or easy.
True enough.

Now understand that we have a central government spending trillions annually on all sorts of ridiculous shit, but the poor don’t get healthcare, higher education, or a decent paying job. I find that unacceptable. You should too. All this goes on while the extreme rich control government and media.

There are always going to be poor people who are not motivated to help themselves. There are plenty of opportunities to help yourself in this country. Poor people can get Medicaid, student loans, grants for college, etc. College should be more affordable, but not free. Not to mention, once government gets involved in things too deeply, the quality becomes terrible.

iu

True enough.

There are always going to be poor people who are not motivated to help themselves. There are plenty of opportunities to help yourself in this country. Poor people can get Medicaid, student loans, grants for college, etc. College should be more affordable, but not free. Not to mention, once government gets involved in things too deeply, the quality becomes terrible.
Agreed. Our government that spends trillions enriching the rich should stop, and start directing more money to the poor.

iu

True enough.

Agreed. Our government that spends trillions enriching the rich should stop, and start directing more money to the poor.

No, the fed should stick to the guidelines outlined in the Constitution and not be "helping" anyone. That is not the role of government.

True enough.

No, the fed should stick to the guidelines outlined in the Constitution and not be "helping" anyone. That is not the role of government.
LOL. The feds aren’t abiding by the constitution. They violate it every day. Nearly all the spending they do, isn’t in the Constitution.

Remember when Biden ran for President back in '87? The dishonest degenerate was caught in lie after lie, and flat-out plagiarized several people in the US and other countries. He clearly passed the corruption gene on to his kid.

Yep! What is amazing and sad is that his opponent will be even worse in literally every aspect.

True enough.

LOL. The feds aren’t abiding by the constitution. They violate it every day. Nearly all the spending they do, isn’t in the Constitution.

Welfare for the poor isn't doing them any favors, obviously. It makes them dependent on taxpayers is all. A lot don't even take advantage of the programs that are offered by social service systems to help get them off the system. They can get free job training and other such perks while they are collecting. I don't feel sorry if they don't do anything to make their own lives better, and don't feel it is my responsibility to provide them with iPhones, etc.

As the year wears on I'm sure that Biden will fade and someone else will snatch the nomination.
The super-delegates will decide who their nominee is.
Republicans don't have super-delegates. Which party is closer to the voters?

Little Mike Bloomberg has bought the democrat nomination. He IS the nominee.

One of our biggest problems with the poor and homeless is drug addiction.
Spot on. That is self-medication. It's no coincidence that, once the rug was pulled out from under mentally ill people in the form of shutting down state hospitals, the homeless population exploded.

True enough.

Welfare for the poor isn't doing them any favors, obviously. It makes them dependent on taxpayers is all. A lot don't even take advantage of the programs that are offered by social service systems to help get them off the system. They can get free job training and other such perks while they are collecting. I don't feel sorry if they don't do anything to make their own lives better, and don't feel it is my responsibility to provide them with iPhones, etc.
You should feel sorry. Many Americans are suffering, while the 1% is partying like it’s 1999. I would rather the suffering stop.

/—-/ There are plenty. Although they are RINOs, McCain and Romney weren’t corrupt, Jimmy Carter, Reagan, GHWBush, George McGovern, and many more. We actually do have dedicated civil servants.

Spot on. That is self-medication. It's no coincidence that, once the rug was pulled out from under mentally ill people in the form of shutting down state hospitals, the homeless population exploded.

Those “state hospitals” for the mentally ill were literally the stuff of horror movies.

True, but a drug addict will not quit unless he/she wants to quit. A lot of them don't want to quit and are perfectly happy to let American taxpayers support them and their bad habits.

You should feel sorry. Many Americans are suffering, while the 1% is partying like it’s 1999. I would rather the suffering stop.

Some of those 1% have worked hard and earned their position in life. Some were born into it. Nobody ever said life was "fair." If you aren't born into money, then you must work to achieve success. I see no reason to take from a person who has worked to earn success.

Those “state hospitals” for the mentally ill were literally the stuff of horror movies.

Some of them for sure. Probably not all of them though.

Some were, not all or most. And I invite you to visit skid row sometime. Take a poll of the females to see how many have been raped. Ask the males when they last had a decent meal.

Forum List

Back