COTUS Debate: Trump or Pence, Who Do You Believe?

Is Trump or Pence Correct That One Person Can Decide Who Gets to be President?

• Total voters

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Trump recently said that one person - the Vice-President - has the constitutional power to, and I quote Trump himself, “overturn” the election.

Pence said that the COTUS does not give one person the power to overturn an election, that the role of the VP is ceremonial when counting the votes of the Electoral College.

So who do you believe?

Do you believe that the Founding Fathers intended to have one person decide who gets to be President as Trump believes, or that they established a diffuse republican federation whereby sovereignty was derived from the will of the people and not one single person as Pence believes?

Trump recently said that one person - the Vice-President - has the constitutional power to, and I quote Trump himself, “overturn” the election.

Pence said that the COTUS does not give one person the power to overturn an election, that the role of the VP is ceremonial when counting the votes of the Electoral College.

So who do you believe?

Do you believe that the Founding Fathers intended to have one person decide who gets to be President as Trump believes, or that they established a diffuse republican federation whereby sovereignty was derived from the will of the people and not one single person as Pence believes?

Pence of course.

I'd be more interested in hearing an argument by a legal scholar that support Trump's views.

The founders never envisioned a corporate media so completely controlled by the wealthy elite and controlling government agencies. They did much to get old Joe elected, because they so hated dumb Don. Yet nothing changed.

1644494932711.png

1644494946065.png

Pence was correct, the role of the President of the Senate (i.e. the Vice President) in the counting of Electoral College Votes is strictly ceremonial, he does not have the power to accept or reject the vote. For official EC votes to be rejected, the a Senator and Representative must submit such objection together and in writing. The Senate and House each return to their own chamber to debate the objection and only if BOTH houses of congress vote to reject a states votes are those votes set aside.

Imaging if you will a world in which Vice President Harris, decided to set aside the votes of red states because they didn't vote for a Biden/Harris reelection ticket. (Personally I DON'T think there will be a Biden/Harris ticket in 2024, but that is beside the point.) Those saying that Vice President Pence had the power, would scream from the rooftops if Vice President Harris did the same thing for a EC vote count in which she was one of the candidates.

WW

Attachments

• 1644494924497.png
    1644494924497.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 18
Pence did not have such an authority despite rhetoric to the contrary…

If you actually read the constitution, the answer is clear.
I question trumps ability to read.

Forum List

Back