Could Trump Actually Deport 11 Million People?

"a television huckster, a phony billionaire, a textbook egomaniac 'tapping into' popular resentments and insecurities, and with an entire national political party — out of ambition or blind party loyalty, or simply out of fear — falling into line behind him,"
13238958_1736527616631258_6975200269433878503_n.jpg

...Why not let the situation go until employers are pushed to do something absolutely CRAZY.

Like raise wages!

Why is the only tool in our toolbox importing cheap labor?!
The problem is partly due to the nature of capitalism and its inherent need for profits (raise profits/cut costs) but mostly due to human nature. Namely good old fashioned greed. Most people act out of self-interest, business leaders/owners are no different. If offered the latitude to take a cheaper or more profitable path, they'll take it.

I understand that portion of the problem.

BUT,

1. REally? They don't have any other ideas to address the problem?

and

2. We are under no obligation to make their lives easier. Or more profitable. Let them work harder.

...Why not let the situation go until employers are pushed to do something absolutely CRAZY.

Like raise wages!

Why is the only tool in our toolbox importing cheap labor?!
The problem is partly due to the nature of capitalism and its inherent nee for profits (raise profits/cut costs) but mostly due to human nature. Namely good old fashioned greed. Most people act out of self-interest, business leaders/owners are no different. If offered the latitude to take a cheaper or more profitable path, they'll take it.
"Greed" is nothing more than the basic human drive to compete. It's built into our genetic code.
Basic Darwinism 101.
Survival of the fittest.
The reason why the LIB 'man-bun' fairies are so opposed to accepting basic human nature is they are generally at the bottom of the pile. They can't compete so they lay in the bottom of the barrel and whine about how 'mean' people who are standing on them are.
Fucking losers!
They are afraid of their own shadow. They 'hate' guns because for them guns represent a masculinity they do not possess.
Yesterday I saw a young couple. He was sporting a four day old beard ('so last year!) and a little 'man-bun'.
They were both wearing identical knitted vests. They were handing out 'anti bass fishing' flyers. They were opposed to the public fishing in front of their private boat dock. It was "ruining their view'.

images
Trump doesn't use dog whistles. He uses a bullhorn. And he draws out followers who feel strangely empowered to proclaim racist statements that anyone with a shred of human decency would never voice.

If you were wondering what they mean by "Make America Great AGAIN"...

"Make America Great Again!" is code for "Bring Back White America!'

Don't worry, Hillary will bring in plenty more H1-Bs and keep Blacks on welfare and food stamps.
That's a problem with both parties. Republicans love those low wage employees.

And yet, Trump has crushed the Establishment candidates who support the status quo on illegals.

9 pages in. Might have missed it? Can we at least get rid of the bad ones? We already have many in jail, don't have to look for them. Next, visa overstays' paper trail in place. WTH.

Keep the good ones, work out a deal. Land O' Goshen! It ain't impossible to do some of it? Are you on dope?
I think it sucks that the penalty for rape is deportation.
They commit a crime here and all we do is deport their ass?
That ain't right.

Serve your time, THEN GET DEPORTED.

THe rules of your parole is stay the fuck out of this country.

The WALL will stop the illegals from returning.
The serious crackdown on business who use illegal labor will mean a lot of self-deportation.
The problem with a physical wall, besides the Patton quote regarding fixed fortifications, is that people will just go around it by boat or enter the US legally, but stay illegally:

Rubio says 40% of illegal immigrants stayed in the U.S. after their visas expired
In January 2003, INS released an updated report that said 33 percent of the illegal immigrant population in 2000 had entered the country legally. A 2004 report from the General Accounting Office, based on 2000 data, gave estimates on visa overstays ranging from 27 percent to 31 percent to 57 percent.

Agreed 100% on cracking down on those who profit from illegal immigration. That is a much more viable solution since putting a handful in prison and confiscating their businesses will persuade the majority of other business owners to change their illegal habits.

"Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man"
-- General George S. Patton​

9 pages in. Might have missed it? Can we at least get rid of the bad ones? We already have many in jail, don't have to look for them. Next, visa overstays' paper trail in place. WTH.

Keep the good ones, work out a deal. Land O' Goshen! It ain't impossible to do some of it? Are you on dope?
That ain't right.

Prison costs about $30K/year. Three hots and a cot in prison may be preferable to those running from war-torn or drug gang ruled countries.

That is incorrect. Jobs are available now and there are some shortages of workers
I don't see American going for those jobs.
Feel free to provide evidence...and I'm not just talking about Bernie speeches.

That said, a worker shortage doesn't justify you supporting the victimization and exploitation of illegal immigrants. Why not support immigration reform? Worker visas? Why do you support illegal immigrants who can be exploited for profit and not lawful workers who have the protection of the law?

I'm in the business of medical instruments, consumables and reagents. I do not have illegal employees but I have lots of legal Asian, Hispanic middle easterners, Russian immigrants............... My company is predominantly white Americans....... but when it comes to blood products, warehouse, refrigeration and janitorial jobs......... my fellow Americans are none existent.
Some applied and take the jobs but most they do not last long or quit the next day. I know tons of other business owners like hospitals, hotels, manufacturing operations etc. are also facing the same problem. As I said jobs are available now but where are they?
I also know several small business owners like mom and pop shops that hire illegals............ They are facing shortages of workers and are willing to hire Americans or anybody but where are they?
I do not support illegal immigration and I do not support deportation.
I support immigration reform and that is where I stand.

"Immigration reform" is a code word meaning "amnesty."

Agreed, and fuck that shit.

That ain't right.

Prison costs about $30K/year. Three hots and a cot in prison may be preferable to those running from war-torn or drug gang ruled countries.

Hence, the Wall.

So why are so many mexicans still trying to get into the US if the mexican economy is "constantly growing"?
Ya. I'd LOVE to see what a Japanese car made in mexico will look like. HAAAA HAAAAAA!
Illegal flow of Mexicans has dropped off, but it's still a problem.

Only about half of the 11 million illegals in the US are Mexican. As noted previously, about half of illegal immigrants entered the US legally, but overstayed their visa. A wall costing US taxpayers 10-15 Billion dollars per year wouldn't have stopped them.

5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S.
Mexicans make up about half of all unauthorized immigrants (49%), though their numbers have been declining in recent years.

Rubio says 40% of illegal immigrants stayed in the U.S. after their visas expired
In January 2003, INS released an updated report that said 33 percent of the illegal immigrant population in 2000 had entered the country legally. A 2004 report from the General Accounting Office, based on 2000 data, gave estimates on visa overstays ranging from 27 percent to 31 percent to 57 percent.

Frequently Requested Statistics on Immigrants and Immigration in the United States

Immigrant Population Hits Record 42.1 Million in Second Quarter of 2015

If Trump manages to ONLY decrease the population of illegals by 9 million in 8 years, I will be satisfied.

Jason made a serious and honest post, and you responded like a brain dead partisan.
Agreed, but I doubt the solution will actually include the deportation of 8-9 million people. There is, of course, the problem of the deported returning. Then what? Prison at a cost of $30K/year?

The solution involves deportations, but also immigration reform and a path to citizenship or permanent legal resident. There are no easy solutions. The solutions are made more difficult because so many people are making money off the status quo.

1. Deporting millions of people is certainly doable. We catch plenty of illegals now. We just need to be serious about sending them home and not letting them back in.

2. Deported returning? HEnce the Wall and increased border security.

3. Deported returning? Hence E-verify with punishments to reduce/eliminate the motive for returning, ie jobs.

4. And yes, some of them can end up in prison.

5. No immigration reform. No amnesty. The high Third World Immigration of the last 60 years was a huge mistake, that has done long term damage to this country.

6. Agreed, people making money is part of the problem. And so is dems getting votes.

Let me get this straight to both of you.......... Illegals are NOT taking over jobs in a corporate world. That is impossible......... Most work in a mom and pop shops......... There is no such thing that an illegal working in the hospitals.
Are you against E-Verify? Why? Do you favor illegals being exploited for profit?

Are you bullshitting or simply naive? Corporate or hospitals, both need minimum wage employees to clean toilets, wax hallways and other menial labor usually done at night and subtracted to a service. The corporation/hospital is just as guilty of illegal immigrant exploitation as the subcontracted service, but they have "plausible deniability" by looking the other way.

The serious crackdown on business who use illegal labor will mean a lot of self-deportation.
The problem with a physical wall, besides the Patton quote regarding fixed fortifications, is that people will just go around it by boat or enter the US legally, but stay illegally:

Agreed 100% on cracking down on those who profit from illegal immigration. That is a much more viable solution since putting a handful in prison and confiscating their businesses will persuade the majority of other business owners to change their illegal habits.

If by "going around" the people in question have to go into the deep desert, that greatly increases the difficulty of getting into the country, AND makes it easier for the Border Patrol to catch them.

And Patton was a great general.

At a very specific time in history when military technology favored fast aggressive offense.

There were plenty of times in history when the opposite was true.

They didn't build castles because they didn't work.

Let me get this straight to both of you.......... Illegals are NOT taking over jobs in a corporate world. That is impossible......... Most work in a mom and pop shops......... There is no such thing that an illegal working in the hospitals.
Are you against E-Verify? Why? Do you favor illegals being exploited for profit?

Are you bullshitting or simply naive? Corporate or hospitals, both need minimum wage employees to clean toilets, wax hallways and other menial labor usually done at night and subtracted to a service. The corporation/hospital is just as guilty of illegal immigrant exploitation as the subcontracted service, but they have "plausible deniability" by looking the other way.

And in the absence of cheap Third World labor, such menial jobs often rise above minimum wage.

'People' don't just go around the wall in Israel.
Trump has the phone number of the Israeli wall contractor.
Work visas for latinos entering the US are going to be much more carefully handed out.
This is what's coming with a Trump presidency:
Juan applies for a work visa. He must prove there is a legitimate job waiting for him. The employer must prove he can't find any US citizen to do the job first.
Should the guest worker not show up one day the business owner has 24 hours to report it to the authorities.
A nationwide database with Juan's information is easily accessed by housing/food bank officials/LEAs. The now illegal can't find a place to live. No business will hire him for fear of losing their business license. No one gets a single food stamp without proving they are in the US legally.
Pretty soon the illegals will be getting their free bus ride back across the border. The 100% corrupt Mexican government can go fuck themselves!

Forum List

Back