Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt any intelligent person can deny that there are a lot of some really stupid and scared people on the planet with many people such as yourself that "pray/prey" on them.

I don't prey on people I pray for people. I don't force my views on anyone I tell them what I do know and I try and get them to reason on the evidence that I have been exposed to. How can you accept your views as a fact in your own mind without putting it to the test ?

Remember, I was once on your side of the argument until I reasoned and put the theory to the test by reasoning on the evidence. It was no magical pastor that convinced me my beliefs on thetheory were wrong ,it was the Lord himself that exposed the lies and his word that did it for me. I just others will do the same and not let themselves to be lead down the wrong road.
(snicker) so you saying you acually saw and talked to god?

Gods word reveals the foolishness of man in many ways.

You’re angry because your claims to gawds and supermagicalism ring hollow and do nothing more than promote fear and ignorance.

I am continually amazed at the insistence of YEC’ers to think that their Christian fundamentalist beliefs can be applied to refute evolutionary science. I'm also amazed at the derogatory implications of the word "religion" when used by religionists in reference to evolution.

The fundies have been suffered humiliating defeats in the courts with their attempts to push Christianity into the school system. Academia has refuted creationism / IDiosy for failing to provide testable methods for supernaturalism. To say that evolution is a fact is merely acknowledging the sheer weight of testable and verifiable evidence. Christian Fundies can only counter the facts with conspiracy theories which is irresponsible in any sense. Paraphrasing Daniel Dennett in Darwin's Dangerous Idea, the hope by Christian fundies that evolution will someday be refuted by some shattering new breakthrough is about as reasonable as the hope that we will return to an earth centered universe and abandon Copernicus.

To reiterate for the Christian fundies: creation "science" / IDiocy is not science. Fundies may insist otherwise but Christian creationism / supermagicalism is a fact only to fundies. Certainly, “magic” does not deserve equal time in a public school classroom as proponents of Creationism / IDiosy would like to see.

What is there to be angry about ? you have the right to choose your own path to follow. The only thing that might anger me is your inability to dicuss things like an adult and insult people who clearly know more on the subject the thread is about.
subjective and false, you 've shown no more knowledge about "the subject" than any other poster ,
mostly just subjective wishes and pseudoscience.
"dicuss" things like an adult" :eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Oh I have posted many things you people have no answer for. I destroyed your theory with the problems of mutation fixation that OI think went over you and your partners head. You had no explanation as to why natural selection removed superior traits that would have allowed humans to be better adapted. Do I really need to continue.

You are in denial and there are no limits to your ignorance.

You’re angry because your claims to gawds and supermagicalism ring hollow and do nothing more than promote fear and ignorance.

I am continually amazed at the insistence of YEC’ers to think that their Christian fundamentalist beliefs can be applied to refute evolutionary science. I'm also amazed at the derogatory implications of the word "religion" when used by religionists in reference to evolution.

The fundies have been suffered humiliating defeats in the courts with their attempts to push Christianity into the school system. Academia has refuted creationism / IDiosy for failing to provide testable methods for supernaturalism. To say that evolution is a fact is merely acknowledging the sheer weight of testable and verifiable evidence. Christian Fundies can only counter the facts with conspiracy theories which is irresponsible in any sense. Paraphrasing Daniel Dennett in Darwin's Dangerous Idea, the hope by Christian fundies that evolution will someday be refuted by some shattering new breakthrough is about as reasonable as the hope that we will return to an earth centered universe and abandon Copernicus.

To reiterate for the Christian fundies: creation "science" / IDiocy is not science. Fundies may insist otherwise but Christian creationism / supermagicalism is a fact only to fundies. Certainly, “magic” does not deserve equal time in a public school classroom as proponents of Creationism / IDiosy would like to see.

What is there to be angry about ? you have the right to choose your own path to follow. The only thing that might anger me is your inability to dicuss things like an adult and insult people who clearly know more on the subject the thread is about.
You and the other fundie really do define the "angry fundie" persona. Your hateful attitude toward anyone who disagrees with your claims to supernaturalism is palpable, even on a text based message board. As to discussing things like an adult, why don't you read back through the thread and report back to us who is posting gargantuan fonts with juvenile name-calling through twenty pages of this thread.

I will also note that this thread is about creationism. I fully reject your claim to knowing more about creationism than me of anyone else. I have no reason to believe that you or anyone else knows more about creationism than alliowed by the four words "the gods did it"

Im sure somewhere in this 700 page thread/novel this was already covered but in the event that you missed it... A scientific theory is a falsifiable hypothesis that explains a set of observations and has been rigorously scrutinised and tested. Evolution would fall under this category. However ID is considered something quite different, a joke.

This may seem important to the ones seeking supposed knowledge,however the creator didn't need a professor to teach him how to design with a purpose in mind.
you've topped yourself on meaninglessness with that one..
two unprovable statements "creator and design with a purpose in mind"
there is no proof of a sentient creator so anything that the creator might have in it's mind is pure speculation..
got to give you style points for vivid imagination!

Does the brain have a purpose daws ? How bout the lungs ? maybe the heart ? the sun ? the moon ? biological chemicals ? how bout red and white blood cells ? How bout Genes ?

Now try and B.S. your way out.

I doubt any intelligent person can deny that there are a lot of some really stupid and scared people on the planet with many people such as yourself that "pray/prey" on them.

I don't prey on people I pray for people. I don't force my views on anyone I tell them what I do know and I try and get them to reason on the evidence that I have been exposed to. How can you accept your views as a fact in your own mind without putting it to the test ?

Remember, I was once on your side of the argument until I reasoned and put the theory to the test by reasoning on the evidence. It was no magical pastor that convinced me my beliefs on thetheory were wrong ,it was the Lord himself that exposed the lies and his word that did it for me. I just others will do the same and not let themselves to be lead down the wrong road.

I do not believe you. No one "reasons" their way to believing in a god. What I believe is that you are not telling the whole story. People are weak so when something traumatic occurs in their life or in the life of someone close to them or just about any tragedy that happens can push some people to looking past what they find impossible to understand and look for justification in the "mysterious ways" of a god.

You were never like me. You were obviously "on the fence" about it and something pushed you over to the "faith" excuse.

I have never believed in a god. I had all the usual religious upbringing and found the bible laughable. I saw people in church praying and saw that they did it because they were indoctirnated to do so. Telling a child to put his or her hands together and kneel down, close their eyes and do what? Nigga...please... You have been bleating your case on this thread thousands of times and you have moved the LOS no closer to the goal line.

It's simple...go have a heart to heart pow wow with your sky fairy and tell him/she/it that he will get lots of followers if it will just show up in person and stop treating human beings like idiots.

Then you clearly lack logic.

I do not believe you. No one "reasons" their way to believing in a god. What I believe is that you are not telling the whole story. People are weak so when something traumatic occurs in their life or in the life of someone close to them or just about any tragedy that happens can push some people to looking past what they find impossible to understand and look for justification in the "mysterious ways" of a god.

You were never like me. You were obviously "on the fence" about it and something pushed you over to the "faith" excuse.

I have never believed in a god. I had all the usual religious upbringing and found the bible laughable. I saw people in church praying and saw that they did it because they were indoctirnated to do so. Telling a child to put his or her hands together and kneel down, close their eyes and do what? Nigga...please... You have been bleating your case on this thread thousands of times and you have moved the LOS no closer to the goal line.

It's simple...go have a heart to heart pow wow with your sky fairy and tell him/she/it that he will get lots of followers if it will just show up in person and stop treating human beings like idiots.

Gotta love the crazy Christians.. Up is down..Black is white.. Fantasy is logical.. Reason is nonsense.

Do you really think in all these thousands of posts that you have convinced anyone to believe in your make believe?

:lol:

This may seem important to the ones seeking supposed knowledge,however the creator didn't need a professor to teach him how to design with a purpose in mind.
there is no proof of a sentient creator so anything that the creator might have in it's mind is pure speculation..

Does the brain have a purpose daws ? How bout the lungs ? maybe the heart ? the sun ? the moon ? biological chemicals ? how bout red and white blood cells ? How bout Genes ?

What silly creationist nonsense. Does the cancer cell have a purpose? How about the bacteria that cause infections? Do tornadoes have a purpose? Asteroid impact - do they have a purpose?

Gotta love the crazy Christians.. Up is down..Black is white.. Fantasy is logical.. Reason is nonsense.

Do you really think in all these thousands of posts that you have convinced anyone to believe in your make believe?

Good observation. On the contrary, I think the worst examples of religious fanaticism and belligerent ignorance is demonstrated by the fundies in this thread.

What silly creationist nonsense. Does the cancer cell have a purpose? How about the bacteria that cause infections? Do tornadoes have a purpose? Asteroid impact - do they have a purpose?

Everything they cannot explain is covered in the "mysterious ways" claus.. :lol:

Nothing EVER has to make sense to the "faith".

Good observation. On the contrary, I think the worst examples of religious fanaticism and belligerent ignorance is demonstrated by the fundies in this thread.

Naw... these idiots are just persistant. I don't think there are any snake handlers hanging around USMB. :lol:

Dear Daws: I saw your comments to YWC, one where you perceived his msgs as "self-serving" and this one here, where talking with God sounds silly to you.

Compared with my friends who are intolerably self-serving, YWC seems very straight up to me. So maybe compared to what you are used to, YWC sounds self-righteous or something.
Not to me. I think this must be relative then?

As for talking with God, this requires someone to be very still and very humble to listen to what God is saying. You cannot be "full of yourself" and listen to God, who will just let you make a fool of yourself until you get over your pride and put that aside.

I don't see that YWC falls into that group of people, as I know many who do.

The Voice of God is like the Voice of Reason, or Wisdom, or Truth.

I have friends who talk with God in almost intangible ways.
I have friends who get messages from God that are VERY direct instructions.
Some stories I think would make you REALLY LAUGH out of disbelief (not just snicker).

I think if you had the same friends I do, and saw the WIDE RANGE of interacting or talking with God, you would see it is natural and not something supernatural or made up.

When people get insights, or ideas of the future that actually lead to the right answers,
that is another way God talks with some of us.

When Buckminster Fuller suddenly had a brainstorm of revelations and new ideas, that came to him after he changed his mind about committing suicide and had an epiphany about
the purpose of life being to help others, that was like God talking with him and giving him
visions of the future (some of which like the Geodesic Dome changed society and the world).

I hope you would consider there may be more to what
YWC and others are talking about, even if secular people
like you and me don't experience these things the same way Christians do.

Again, if you REALLY want to hear some WILD stories, post a thread asking for those,
and I'll be glad to post my stories and some from my friend Olivia who has a bunch.

I don't think you would worry about YWC after that!

Yours truly,
Emily

I wouldn't be the one to level this kind of comment when you believe the earth is 6,000 years old, and all you have to do is look up each night at the starlight from stars that are billions of light-years away to know this is demonstrably false.

Yeah it is funny,not sure have not taken a poll but I will ask you the same question, do you think a believer would put their beliefs aside for the arguments that have been put forth by your side ?

Everything they cannot explain is covered in the "mysterious ways" claus.. :lol:

Nothing EVER has to make sense to the "faith".

What has made sense with the evolution argument ?

Yeah it is funny,not sure have not taken a poll but I will ask you the same question, do you think a believer would put their beliefs aside for the arguments that have been put forth by your side ?

All I would hope is that people start thinking critically about anything in their lives that matters to them. I am not trying to sell anything unlike you.

Sure ill answer this question as well as ask a couple counter-questions later on. I may be alone in this as this is influenced by a nihilistic point of view (not a very popular position to hold) all of these things only have purpose if we them a purpose.

If designer had created everything with a purpose than what would be the purpose of small pox, diabetes, and HIV/AIDS? What does it say about the aforementioned creator? So if we were accept this the door would swing both ways.

Maybe I am giving you too much credit but it seems to me you are going after a crude watchmaker argument that the very complexity of creation shouts the need for a creator. This really fails considering the creator would necessarily have to be more complex than his creation so the creator would then need an even more complex designer. This spirals into an ugly infinite regress and other insanity.

an american doctor Laurence B. Brown
good video i recommend

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjLbxmSJTVI&feature=related]Allah var m[/ame]

Gods word reveals the foolishness of man in many ways.
Hearing voices are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back