Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not heard in argument from an evolutionist that I can't reduce to dribble.

That's strange because you have never refuted the fact of evolution and have only countered science fact with silly claims to supernaturalism.

Hollow you have yet to present an argument pertaining to the theory that has not been refuted,who are you kidding.

Goofy name-caller, your claim in nonsense. Your refusal to accept established science that confirms the theory of evolution is a function of your religious indoctrination and your own limited imagination. Your appeals to magical gawds is an untenable position.

You are free to promote whatever conspiracy theories you wish and you can cut and paste from Harun Yahya as you choose, but your lies and falsehoods have been refuted many times in this thread.

It must not have been that obvious to you since you made this statement.

Stars which are known to be as far as 13 billion light years away. That means... 13 billion years old.....

... making young earth creationism demonstrably false, which was my point, which I already stated. Why did you feel the need to say this and how do you think you are refuting my position? You have aided it.

I haven't seen anyone on here claiming the earth was young. That's a strawman that your side created.

Youwerecreated is a young earther on this thread, who believes the earth is no older than 10,000 years old. There are many others, like him, who have added up the ages of the people in the bible and deduced the aged of the earth this way. It is called Young-Earth Creationism. How have you not heard of this? Are you joking with me right now? You've got to be trolling.

Young Earth creationism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Watch this video from the master imbecile on YEC:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tbRzV8Ti0Q]Creation Today: More Evidence of a Young Earth - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
light year is a measure of distance. Not a measure of time.

No way!!

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Stars which are known to be as far as 13 billion light years away. That means... 13 billion years old.....

You are kinda dense Texas. They were 13 billion years old when we first viewed them. They or their remains are twice that old now.

... making young earth creationism demonstrably false, which was my point, which I already stated. Why did you feel the need to say this and how do you think you are refuting my position? You have aided it.

I haven't seen anyone on here claiming the earth was young. That's a strawman that your side created.
You don't know what you're writing about. Youwerecreated is a YEC'ist who believes in a literal rendering of the Genesis fable, the Noah fable and a literal bible.

If you haven't seen or heard of other christians claiming the earth is young, then you don't know too much about other christians.

Youwerecreated is a young earther on this thread, who believes the earth is no older than 10,000 years old. There are many others, like him, who have added up the ages of the people in the bible and deduced the aged of the earth this way. It is called Young-Earth Creationism. How have you not heard of this? Are you joking with me right now? You've got to be trolling.

Young Earth creationism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tbRzV8Ti0Q]Creation Today: More Evidence of a Young Earth - YouTube[/ame]

This is not a strawman, and not something my side created, evidenced above.

I was looking for an earlier post with some idiot in a white lab coat (I suppose an effort to exert credibility) who rattled on about literal belief in biblical tales and fables.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1msS71xL00]Earth is 6,000 Years Old - YouTube[/ame]

Found it. Don't get sucked in Lonestar.

no, you don't seem to get it. That's all there is. Now, point out the flaw in my method. Are you going to tell me that light gets "tired"?

No way!!

I suppose in the Christian creationist mindset, miles per hour or distance over time is computed differently than in the non-Christian world.

Good gawd these people are scary.

No way!!

I suppose in the Christian creationist mindset, miles per hour or distance over time is computed differently than in the non-Christian world.

So you admit that you don't really care about facts.

Fact is: A light year is a measurement of distance..... not time.

Your numbnutted buddy was wrong in claiming a star 13 billion lights years away means that it's 13 billion years old.

What's scary is your stupidity.

Earth is 6,000 Years Old - YouTube

So?

My statement stands.

You do realize that the speed of light is measurable, right? That the science of physics and optics (and that "gravity" thingy) can be used by astronomers to study the solar system and universe?

Have you ever heard that there is a delay when radio signals are received/transmitted between the earth and the Mars rovers? In a vacuum, radio waves travel at the speed of light. That suggests that Mars is kinda' far away.

Have you heard that the earth is actually spherical?

So?

My statement stands.

You do realize that the speed of light is measurable, right? That the science of physics and optics (and that "gravity" thingy) can be used by astronomers to study the solar system and universe?

Have you ever heard that there is a delay when radio signals are received/transmitted between the earth and the Mars rovers? In a vacuum, radio waves travel at the speed of light. That suggests that Mars is kinda' far away.

Do you undertand that a light-year is a measure of distance, not time?

Are you this stupid all the time?

No way!!

Your numbnutted buddy was wrong in claiming a star 13 billion lights years away means that it's 13 billion years old. What's scary is your stupidity.

That's what you claimed ya Texas halfwit. If the universe was at one point the size of a basketball and it exploded then it took at least your 13 billions years to get 13 billion light years from our observation. THAT means it was 13 billion PLUS the time it took the light we observe to get to us. Comprede'?

So?

My statement stands.

You are trying to defend an indefensible position.

It's another case of Christian creationists needing to live in denial in order to believe in their gawds.

Your numbnutted buddy was wrong in claiming a star 13 billion lights years away means that it's 13 billion years old. What's scary is your stupidity.

That's what you claimed ya Texas halfwit. If the universe was at one point the size of a basketball and it exploded then it took at least your 13 billions years to get 13 billion light years from our observation. THAT means it was 13 billion PLUS the time it took the light we observe to get to us. Comprede'?

Please learn how to spell when addressing me. And thanks for supporting my argument.

It's another case of Christian creationists needing to live in denial in order to believe in their gawds.

No but you are.

And you really should try a different argument.

So?

My statement stands.

You do understand that the speed of light is used to calculate the distance of a light-year, right? Therefore, the measurement known as the light-year is fully dependent upon the speed of light.

Are you really this ignorant to science and math?

Last edited:

So?

My statement stands.

Which statement, that young-earth creationists don't exist???

This is a demonstration of willful ignorance in the making.

How can you stand by your statement when I just demonstrated it to be false? Young-Earth Creationists are real, and exist, not only in general, but on this very thread. Ask Youwerecreated.

It's almost as if you make assertions, and then release all association you have to that assertion, but before you do, you declare victory, so that no matter how much your claim is disproven, you still somehow claim victory. This is insanity.

Last edited:

No but you are.

And we're left to cringe at the notion that fundies want to introduce creationism into the school system.

Would you really want to inflict your "thinking" on school kids who will eventually compete in the job market?

You do understand that the speed of light is used to calculate the distance of a light-year, right? Therefore, the measurement known as the light-year is fully dependent upon the speed of light.

Are you really this ignorant to science and math?

No, but it's quite obvious you were.

You used a light year as a means to determine age of a planet. Now I understand you want to walk that back, but it was your initial claim.

No but you are.

And we're left to cringe at the notion that fundies want to introduce creationism into the school system.

Would you really want to inflict your "thinking" on school kids who will eventually compete in the job market?

I would want my children to hear both sides of the argument and draw their own conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back