Zone1 Critical Race Theory

You got that slightly backwards, CRT is an attempt to teach the totality of the subject.
Whatever. We already teach about slavery and Jim Crow, and considering how our students are failing basic academics miserably - not a single student in Baltimore scored proficient in math - we need to focus classroom time on basic reading, writing, and arithmetic.

Some of it.
When did you learn about Rosewood, Tulsa, Wounded Knee?
Every single event involving racism should NOT take priority over teaching basic academics. Our students are failing miserably.

Seems you’re fine with all students failing math and reading as long as they’re fully informed about historical events of racism.

Every single event involving racism should NOT take priority over teaching basic academics. Our students are failing miserably.

Seems you’re fine with all students failing math and reading as long as they’re fully informed about historical events of racism.
If you think teaching math involves CRT you are indeed confused.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
If you think teaching math involves CRT you are indeed confused.
I didn’t say that. I said we shouldn’t be spending valuable time on additional historical events involving blacks when our kids can’t read, write, or do simple math.

If you think a semi-literate high school grad is in a position to have a decent life, you have another think coming. Making sure our kids know about Tulsa and Rosewood is nowhere near as important as getting them to perform at grade level - and classroom time is limited.

I didn’t say that. I said we shouldn’t be spending valuable time on additional historical events involving blacks when our kids can’t read, write, or do simple math.

If you think a semi-literate high school grad is in a position to have a decent life, you have another think coming. Making sure our kids know about Tulsa and Rosewood is nowhere near as important as getting them to perform at grade level - and classroom time is limited.
No one is teaching CRT in 3rd grade.
Your fears do not reflect reality.

• Fact
No one is teaching CRT in 3rd grade.
Your fears do not reflect reality.
Where did I say they are teaching CRT? Can you not read? The discussion was that kids aren’t being taught about Tulsa or Rosewood - and thus there are gaps in their education about racism.

My point is that until our kids start performing at grade level, as they are now failing miserably, we shouldn’t allocate limited classroom time to focusing on additional aspects of racism. Additional examples of racism should NOT the be the most important thing to teach children. They need to master reading and writing first.

Where did I say they are teaching CRT? Can you not read? The discussion was that kids aren’t being taught about Tulsa or Rosewood - and thus there are gaps in their education about racism.

My point is that until our kids start performing at grade level, as they are now failing miserably, we shouldn’t allocate limited classroom time to focusing on additional aspects of racism. Additional examples of racism should NOT the be the most important thing to teach children. They need to master reading and writing first.
And why not master reading and writing by reading and writing about actual factual history?

• Winner
And why not master reading and writing by reading and writing about actual factual history?
There are many, many topics. Why all the focus on just black history? Our kids don’t know when the very basics.

Why ignore it?
Maybe some uncomfortable facts you'd rather not reveal?
We’re not ignoring it. Slavery and Jim Crow are taught. But let’s teach other topics too. Kids don’t know what century Lincoln lived in, where Russia is on a map, or what side Germany was on in WWI. They don’t know when Columbus landed in America, what the last two states to join the U.S. were, or how many branches of government there are.

Black history is NOT the most important subject to expand upon.

Last edited:
America was a better country when we taught the legends of our founding. Imagine a mother* teaching her kids about all the failures of their father.

*Our educational system.
America hass never been the country you claim.

We’re not ignoring it. Slavery and Jim Crow are taught. But let’s teach other topics too. Kids don’t know what century Lincoln lived in, where Russia is on a map, or what side Germany was on in WWI. They don’t know when Columbus landed in America, what the last two states to join the U.S. were, or how many branches of government there are.

Black history is NOT the most important subject to expand upon.
That doesn't explain the removal of literature covering the topic.

• Winner
What specific literature was removed? The anti-America, anti-white biased 1619 crap?

So are you white now Lisa?

There is nothing anti America or anti white about the 1619 Project.

How about we stop teaching the Holocaust Lisa?

More blacks died during slavery and Jim Crow that what happened to the Jews. And what went on lasted longer. But here we have a Jew that wants us to forget about that.

So for all of you who oppose the "CRT" as explained by Chris Rufo,

Try this:

Without using a search, can you tell us what the Christiana Resistance was?

Forum List

Back