Dear fellow Conservatives....

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
My journey to conservatism and the Libertarian Party is a long and complicated one. The only part that matters to this thread is that the hallmark of that journey is learning the importance of thinking for myself.

The Internet, especially Facebook is rife with misinformation, out if context statements, strawman arguments and even outright bull shit. I'm referring to the stuff that is coming FROM THE RIGHT.

Now, just about everything coming from the left is utter bull shit but we expect that. We conservatives don't need to do that. The left does it because they are devoid of facts, logic, and rational thought. We cannot allow ourselves to resort to the same things. The truth will win out, we need to stick to it.

I'm posting this as a result of my complete surprise to see on Facebook, conservative pages complaining if a liberal environmental message in the new Godzilla movie. I had just seen the movie and saw NO Environmental agenda being driven. This message seems to be going viral and it's obvious that whoever started it didn't see the movie.

Does Hollywood push the left wing agenda? Yes we all know that they do but they don't ALWAYS. They did not in this movie.

Be conservative, be skeptical, oppose Obama and the DNC, fight the destructive left wing agenda whenever and wherever it raises its ugly head, but don't abandon that's at important of conservative traits: thinking for yourself.

You think for yourself and you're a Conservative?

Show us the WMD in Iraq.

It's subliminal.

Actor Ken Watanabe proclaimed that “the arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control and not the other way around,” and Edwards also expressed this environmentalist point of view in interviews. Edwards called Godzilla “a god” that tapped into people’s “[worries] about global warming.”

Godzilla director Gareth Edwards explains the symbolism of kaiju

Edwards told the website IO9 that “Humanity has abused its position in the world” and that he sought to make viewers feel that “we’ve been asking for this.” He clarified this perspective to The Daily Beast, saying “through our abuse of nature, we inadvertently bring [these monsters] back to the world.” Not only did we cause this to happen, he continued, “we deserved it.”

'Godzilla' Director Gareth Edwards Says Godzilla Is a 'God' Protecting Mankind Against Climate Change - The Daily Beast

The original “Godzilla” was a message movie about the atomic bombs. But in this film version Godzilla represented nature’s physical revenge against human excess. In the movie, a researcher described Godzilla as “a god for all intents and purposes.” Watanabe’s character later explored the notion that Godzilla was a force of nature with the “power to restore balance” against human-caused calamity.

Read more: New Godzilla Flick Sneaks Radical Environmentalism into Flashy Special Effects | NewsBusters

Show us the WMD in Iraq.

If you really want to go there, I will make the effort to list the names of all Democrats in the Senate and the House who voted for war in Iraq, for that very reason.

You're kidding right?

We've done that in here at least 20 times that I'm aware of.

I've even listed the 40 other Countries that Bush fooled into joining us. :dunno:

dimocraps are scum. No point bothering with them. Reach the people that can still be saved and don't waste time on scum of the earth dimocraps.

Just call them waht they are -- scum..... And move along.

Nice that you care, but they're not worth it.

Show us the WMD in Iraq.

If you really want to go there, I will make the effort to list the names of all Democrats in the Senate and the House who voted for war in Iraq, for that very reason.
FUCK EVERYONE WHO VOTED FOR THE WAR. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, all of them said that they KNEW exactly where the WMD were and what kind and all the mushroom cloud bullshit. THAT is what spurred the vote for the invasion of Iraq. It was all based on the lies of Rafid al-Janabi, codenamed Curveball.

Fuck who voted for the war. Where are the WMD that posed an imminent threat to America. Say that they were shipped to Syria before the invasion and make George W. Bush look like even more of an inept piece of shit.

It's subliminal.

Actor Ken Watanabe proclaimed that “the arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control and not the other way around,” and Edwards also expressed this environmentalist point of view in interviews. Edwards called Godzilla “a god” that tapped into people’s “[worries] about global warming.”

Godzilla director Gareth Edwards explains the symbolism of kaiju

Edwards told the website IO9 that “Humanity has abused its position in the world” and that he sought to make viewers feel that “we’ve been asking for this.” He clarified this perspective to The Daily Beast, saying “through our abuse of nature, we inadvertently bring [these monsters] back to the world.” Not only did we cause this to happen, he continued, “we deserved it.”

'Godzilla' Director Gareth Edwards Says Godzilla Is a 'God' Protecting Mankind Against Climate Change - The Daily Beast

The original “Godzilla” was a message movie about the atomic bombs. But in this film version Godzilla represented nature’s physical revenge against human excess. In the movie, a researcher described Godzilla as “a god for all intents and purposes.” Watanabe’s character later explored the notion that Godzilla was a force of nature with the “power to restore balance” against human-caused calamity.

Read more: New Godzilla Flick Sneaks Radical Environmentalism into Flashy Special Effects | NewsBusters

Utter nonsense. Trust me there are very few people to the right of me, and I saw none of that. We need to think for ourselves, that's my point.

Show us the WMD in Iraq.

You're kidding right?

I've even listed the 40 other Countries that Bush fooled into joining us. :dunno:

dimocraps are scum. No point bothering with them. Reach the people that can still be saved and don't waste time on scum of the earth dimocraps.

"The people who can be saved" in your opinion are old white dying Republican Teabaggers. You'll all be gone within ten to fifteen years and the world will be a better place.

You're kidding right?

"The people who can be saved" in your opinion are old white dying Republican Teabaggers. You'll all be gone within ten to fifteen years and the world will be a better place.

Racist scum

There it is on full display for all to see.....

dimocraps are racist scum as well as being all around scum

Any doubters left?

Is it possible to think for oneself......and be wrong?

Is it possible to disagree with the OP's ideology and still be a person who thinks independently?

Would the OP like to present an example of his thinking for himself for those of us who have yet to witness it?

You're kidding right?

Racist scum

There it is on full display for all to see.....

dimocraps are racist scum as well as being all around scum

Any doubters left?
Republican Christian Conservatives tortured POWs to death in secret prisons.
https://www.google.com/search?q=gwu+torture&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Another example of good Christian Republican morality.

I would absolutely love it if conservatism became fact based but it's pretty much impossible, especially for the religious right who really take likely sounding bullshit to heart, but the whole thing is pretty much a test of faith. To be a "real" conservative requires that people adopt an entire slate of beliefs, some of which are utter bull, you cannot go a la carte with these people or be accused of RINOism and branded a heretic lib. Why anyone would want to join that club is beyond me.

Is it possible to think for oneself......and be wrong?

Is it possible to disagree with the OP's ideology and still be a person who thinks independently?

Would the OP like to present an example of his thinking for himself for those of us who have yet to witness it?

What part if "Dear Fellow Conservatives" are you having difficulty with?

Shoo troll.

Look around, the libertarian party has been hijacked by pot-heads. All they are interested in is legalizing marijuana and the rest of the agenda is lost in a fog. A vote for libertarians is a wasted vote. If you want to make the GOP more conservative join the Tea Party.

I don't want to focus on the new Godzilla movie too much as there are a lot of examples of things that show my point, but the statement: "The arrogance if man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around." Is to me a direct slap in the face if the AGW crowd. They think that humans have not only affected nature, but can exert the power to change the climate to what we want it to be. That is the arrogance of man and the ignorance of the left.

Look around, the libertarian party has been hijacked by pot-heads. All they are interested in is legalizing marijuana and the rest of the agenda is lost in a fog. A vote for libertarians is a wasted vote. If you want to make the GOP more conservative join the Tea Party.

That is your opinion, and I know that people who smoke pot exist in the LP Party but it isn't the whole party by any stretch of the imagination. But this is a discussion for another thread.

And it isn't just Facebook. It's on the rest of the Internet, and on conservative radio as well. I listen to Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh and I know without a doubt that some of the things they both say is not quite the whole story. We here in Orlando have a morning conservative guy names Bud Hedinger who is one of the worst as far as giving conservatives a bad name, but he's the only think on at that time of the day. I listen to them because I'll always listen to opposing voices. Mainly for the balance.

The more critically and independantly you think, the more likely you are to find the truth, and the more likely you are to be conservative. Lets let the left wing sheeple spout mindless talking points, and evasive deceptive lies. We don't need to do that. The progressives cannot win in the arena of truth and ideas. Our greatest strength is our intellect, and critical thinking skills. Lets not turn that over to pre made, cut and paste, like and share snippits of popular drivel.

I don't want to focus on the new Godzilla movie too much as there are a lot of examples of things that show my point, but the statement: "The arrogance if man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around." Is to me a direct slap in the face if the AGW crowd. They think that humans have not only affected nature, but can exert the power to change the climate to what we want it to be. That is the arrogance of man and the ignorance of the left.

It's one thing to believe that man has not altered the climate through our massive use of fossil fuel, I can see where people who reject science might think it's far-fetched, but that attitude carries all the way into a unreasoning hatred of alternative energy sources. There is no reason to protect the fossil fuel monopoly on energy, none whatsoever, especially since it's a finite energy source.

Forum List

Back