Death penalty

Rustic

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2015
The anti-death penalty nutters are mysteriously quiet on the Dylann roof trial…:dig:
:lmao:

If every executed person was as unquestionably guilty as Roof, I would say fry them all. Unfortunately, we have killed too many innocent people, and it's too late to find that out after they are dead. It's cheaper to just lock them up forever, and we don't take the chance of more guilty people going free because we killed an innocent person for their crime.

I'd lock him up for the rest of his life
When you lock someone up for the rest of their lives, as soon as the jail door closes, that person is looking for ways to escape. The 2 felons in NY did just that with the help of an insider, and ended up killing another person. If the sentence is life in prison, then give them a week to live in jail then put them under the Guillotine.

Attachments

• thO8YYX69R.jpg
    thO8YYX69R.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 44
If every executed person was as unquestionably guilty as Roof, I would say fry them all. Unfortunately, we have killed too many innocent people, and it's too late to find that out after they are dead. It's cheaper to just lock them up forever, and we don't take the chance of more guilty people going free because we killed an innocent person for their crime.

Why is it any better to lock someone up for 50 years if they are innocent, than to execute them after 10-20? You probably operate under the assumption that it gives time to eventually exonerate them, but right now we have plenty of people doing life without parole, and unfortunately some of them may be innocent. What is the difference between them dying of old age or by a needle?

Are you saying that the science used to determine the DNA isn't sure enough? Are you saying that the science of Global Warming isn't sure enough?

Yeah they protested ted Bundys execution, i guess theyre misogynistic then.

Are you saying that the science used to determine the DNA isn't sure enough? Are you saying that the science of Global Warming isn't sure enough?

Burrrrrrrrrrrn!

Some crimes don't deserve three hots and a cot.

Executing prisoners reflects more poorly on our society than the person being executed

Eye for an eye justice is best saved for Sharia Law

Giving them 20 years to prove their innocence actually reflects far more on our society's need to be sure about it before we off them.

The victim's relatives can always make their view known during sentencing. if they want leniency, I'm sure the criminal will get it. But the ultimate punishment for some crimes has to always be on the table.

Why is it any better to lock someone up for 50 years if they are innocent, than to execute them after 10-20? You probably operate under the assumption that it gives time to eventually exonerate them, but right now we have plenty of people doing life without parole, and unfortunately some of them may be innocent. What is the difference between them dying of old age or by a needle?

50 years for something you didn't do would suck, but not as bad as being dead when new evidence proves you didn't do it. You won't believe me, so find out for yourself how much more it costs to kill them than to lock them up forever. We don't have to kill them to protect the rest of society, even if some of them deserve it. It's about who we as a people are more than it is about what they did.

Executing prisoners reflects more poorly on our society than the person being executed

So you would keep depraved mass murderers alive but support a woman's right to kill her baby?

Yup

Not even close to the same thing......Are you advocating the death penalty for women who get abortions?

No dumb ass. I'm talking about executing innocent people.

Giving them 20 years to prove their innocence actually reflects far more on our society's need to be sure about it before we off them.

The victim's relatives can always make their view known during sentencing. if they want leniency, I'm sure the criminal will get it. But the ultimate punishment for some crimes has to always be on the table.

Only savage societies like China, the Muslim world and Red States in the US agree with you

Hypocrites is what they are. Nobody shed a tear when McVeigh was executed in a record 7 years. But it's been over seven years since the jihad U.S. Major was sentenced to death for killing 13 of his own men and the federal government seems to be dragging their feet.

Forum List

Back