Debate #1 -- Clinton v Trump --- 2016 -- OFFICIAL THREAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you providing a link that states there is no evidence to back Trump's claim?

Yeah? Why didn't you read it instead of posting this?

You did,

I posted the relevant transcript of the Cavuto interview before the Iraq war and shortly afterward. He didn't seem to state in either that he opposed the war. Thus there is no evidence today that he didn't lie

I did. Trump did not oppose the Iraq war before it happened, he claimed/lied his ass off otherwise.

Yeah. He DID oppose it. Regardless, what difference does it make now anyway? ;)

Just because Hillary is known as a liar in all circles, and has been known as such for 30 or more years, doesn't mean you have to wear yourself out trying to make Trump as bad. Not gonna happen.....though he has his own issues for sure.

No conspiracy here, and this is not a blurry video IMo.

Plus:

John R. Coppedge, MD, a general surgeon from Texas watched Hillary Clinton’s bizarre eye movement video and sees a huge problem.

He posted his comments on The Hill:

Hillary Clinton exhibited abnormal eye movements during her recent speech in Philadelphia and they were not photoshopped.

Her eyes did not always move in the same direction at the same time. It appears that she has a problem with her left sixth cranial nerve. That nerve serves only one function and that is to make the lateral rectus muscle contract. That muscle turns the eye in the direction away from the midline.

Personally, no matter what anyone thinks, I am not nor ever have been happy over this.

Clinton's eyes — a window into her health issues

Yeah, its conspiracy.

I did. Trump did not oppose the Iraq war before it happened, he claimed/lied his ass off otherwise.

Let's try this again:

"Well, he has either got to do something or not do something, perhaps, because perhaps [he] shouldn’t be doing it yet and perhaps we should be waiting for the United Nations, you know. He’s under a lot of pressure. He’s — I think he’s doing a very good job. But, of course, if you look at the polls, a lot of people are getting a little tired. I think the Iraqi situation is a problem. And I think the economy is a much bigger problem as far as the president is concerned."

You know what I'm really glad about this debate tonight?

All the conspiracy idiots who say that Hillary is in bad health can't claim that anymore. She looked good, didn't show ill health, and actually sounded like she knew what she was talking about.

Trump on the other hand was an incoherent, water guzzling baboon. Who was coaching him for his debate this evening, Rubio?

She did look good. They juiced her up good, huh?
ABS are you saying the video's of her face planting on 9/11 were fake? Are you saying he slurred speech are fake? Are you saying her forgetfulness is fake?
It is all on video. Do you need to see them again?

As per usual the Gateway Pundit shows why he is the dumbest man on the internet (after Bripat).

That was an interview where Trump just wanted Bush to make a decision, he didn't state whether he was for or against it.

Cavuto: If you had to sort of breakdown for the president, if you were advising him, how much time do you commit to Iraq versus how much time you commit to the economy, what would you say?

Trump: Well, I’m starting to think that people are much more focused now on the economy. They are getting a little bit tired of hearing, we’re going in, we’re not going in, the — you know, whatever happened to the days of the Douglas MacArthur. He would go and attack. He wouldn’t talk. We have to — you know, it’s sort like either do it or don’t do it. When I watch Dan Rather explaining how we are going to be attacking, where we’re going to attack, what routes we’re taking, what kind of planes we’re using, how to stop them, how to stop us, it is a little bit disconcerting. I’ve never seen this, where newscasters are telling you how — telling the enemy how we’re going about it, we have just found out this and that. It is ridiculous.

Cavuto: Well, the problem right there.

Trump: Either you attack or you don’t attack.

Cavuto: The problem there, Donald, is you’re watching Dan Rather. Maybe you should just be watching Fox.

Trump: Well, no, I watch Dan Rather, but not necessarily fondly. But I happened to see it the other night. And I must tell you it was rather amazing as they were explaining the different — I don’t know if it is fact or if it is fiction, but the concept of a newscaster talking about the routes is — just seems ridiculous. So the point is either you do it or you don’t do it, or you — but I just — or if you don’t do it, just don’t talk about it. When you do it, you start talking about it.

Cavuto: So you’re saying the leash on this is getting kind of short here, that the president has got to do something presumably sooner rather than later and stringing this along could ultimately hurt us.

Trump: Well, he has either got to do something or not do something, perhaps, because perhaps shouldn’t be doing it yet and perhaps we should be waiting for the United Nations, you know. He’s under a lot of pressure. He’s — I think he’s doing a very good job. But, of course, if you look at the polls, a lot of people are getting a little tired. I think the Iraqi situation is a problem. And I think the economy is a much bigger problem as far as the president is concerned.

In an interview just 3 days after the invasion Trump seems more optimistic about the stock market due to the war than criticizing it.

Trump, March 21, 2003: Well, I think Wall Street’s waiting to see what happens but even before the fact they’re obviously taking it a little bit for granted that it looks like a tremendous success from a military standpoint and I think this is really nothing compared to what you’re going to see after the war is over.

Cavuto: What do you mean?

Trump: Well, I think Wall Street’s just going to go up like a rocket even beyond and it’s going to continue and – you know we have a strong and powerful country and let’s hope it all works out.

Cavuto: … Why are you so optimistic?

Trump: Well, I think a couple of things. I really feel that the key is that interest rates — beyond the war interest rates are going to have to stay stable and low. That’s going to be very important. And if you really look at Wall Street, Wall Street’s come down thousands and thousands of points over the last number of years. So really, I remember when we were sitting here saying two years ago that Wall Street is going to be double what it was two years ago and a lot of people didn’t believe that and I didn’t believe that, but there were plenty of very intelligent people who said yes. I think that Wall Street will be going up and the market will be going up and there’s great confidence in this great country.

Cavuto: You know there is a feeling abroad, Donald, that the French don’t like us, the Germans don’t like us. There were protests abroad still continuing around the globe today from Asia to Africa and that there’s going to be hell to pay that maybe some of these same people will prove their wrath by not investing in this country, by doing all sorts of nasty things, do you buy that?

Trump: Well, the I guess the French never liked us much except when we were bailing them out, to be totally honest with you. But certainly were going to have to work on our public relations because there’s no question there are a lot of countries right now that aren’t too fond of us. I think that can be solved and probably pretty quickly. The main thing is to get the war over with and just make it a tremendously successful campaign and it will be very interesting to see what kind of weapons they find.

Cavuto: … Does this put a chill on things economically? Does it scare people into buying [real estate] or not buying, renting and not renting?

Trump: In a nutshell Neil, the office market is just okay at best. The hotel market is nonexistent. But the residential market for buying, for condos, has been the strongest I’ve ever seen it. It’s amazing. Now, a lot of that has to do I believe with interest rates. You know money is so cheap and people are buying and they are paying the lowest interest rates in 40 years. But the market has been very strong in that sense. There’s been a lot of optimism in New York.

Sept 11, 2003 in an interview with MSNBC's John Scarborough:

It wasn’t a mistake to fight terrorism and fight it hard, and I guess maybe if I had to do it, I would have fought terrorism but not necessarily Iraq.

That is well after the war started. He lied about opposing it before it began. Jesus, you people.

Oh.

Well.

I guess people aren't allowed to change their minds, then.

Sure they are. That's not the issue. He lied about opposing the war before it started. If he said he merely changed his mind that would be understandable, many people did.

Why is this so difficult for you?

Plus:

John R. Coppedge, MD, a general surgeon from Texas watched Hillary Clinton’s bizarre eye movement video and sees a huge problem.

Hillary Clinton exhibited abnormal eye movements during her recent speech in Philadelphia and they were not photoshopped.

Her eyes did not always move in the same direction at the same time. It appears that she has a problem with her left sixth cranial nerve. That nerve serves only one function and that is to make the lateral rectus muscle contract. That muscle turns the eye in the direction away from the midline.

Personally, no matter what anyone thinks, I am not nor ever have been happy over this.

Yeah, its conspiracy.

I know. Live video is a conspiracy. So is face planting. It's all lies and conspiracies I tell ya! Doctors are on on it as well!!!! Damn conspiracy nutz.

Let's try this again:

"Well, he has either got to do something or not do something, perhaps, because perhaps [he] shouldn’t be doing it yet and perhaps we should be waiting for the United Nations, you know. He’s under a lot of pressure. He’s — I think he’s doing a very good job. But, of course, if you look at the polls, a lot of people are getting a little tired. I think the Iraqi situation is a problem. And I think the economy is a much bigger problem as far as the president is concerned."

Trump said that Jr. should have waited for the United Nations in that interview, yet this evening he said that he was firmly against the United Nations and that we shouldn't support them.

Why should Jr. have waited for the UN when Trump thinks they are a useless organization?

Yet another Trumpian flip flop.

Let's try this again:

Yes, Trump is describing reasons why Bush may be delaying on going into Iraq. Not only do you not understand that Trump lied, you don't get context either.

Let's try this again:

Trump said that Jr. should have waited for the United Nations in that interview, yet this evening he said that he was firmly against the United Nations and that we shouldn't support them.

Why should Jr. have waited for the UN when Trump thinks they are a useless organization?

Yet another Trumpian flip flop.

Kinda like Hillary, huh?

As per usual the Gateway Pundit shows why he is the dumbest man on the internet (after Bripat).

That was an interview where Trump just wanted Bush to make a decision, he didn't state whether he was for or against it.

Cavuto: If you had to sort of breakdown for the president, if you were advising him, how much time do you commit to Iraq versus how much time you commit to the economy, what would you say?

Trump: Well, I’m starting to think that people are much more focused now on the economy. They are getting a little bit tired of hearing, we’re going in, we’re not going in, the — you know, whatever happened to the days of the Douglas MacArthur. He would go and attack. He wouldn’t talk. We have to — you know, it’s sort like either do it or don’t do it. When I watch Dan Rather explaining how we are going to be attacking, where we’re going to attack, what routes we’re taking, what kind of planes we’re using, how to stop them, how to stop us, it is a little bit disconcerting. I’ve never seen this, where newscasters are telling you how — telling the enemy how we’re going about it, we have just found out this and that. It is ridiculous.

Cavuto: Well, the problem right there.

Trump: Either you attack or you don’t attack.

Cavuto: The problem there, Donald, is you’re watching Dan Rather. Maybe you should just be watching Fox.

Trump: Well, no, I watch Dan Rather, but not necessarily fondly. But I happened to see it the other night. And I must tell you it was rather amazing as they were explaining the different — I don’t know if it is fact or if it is fiction, but the concept of a newscaster talking about the routes is — just seems ridiculous. So the point is either you do it or you don’t do it, or you — but I just — or if you don’t do it, just don’t talk about it. When you do it, you start talking about it.

Cavuto: So you’re saying the leash on this is getting kind of short here, that the president has got to do something presumably sooner rather than later and stringing this along could ultimately hurt us.

Trump: Well, he has either got to do something or not do something, perhaps, because perhaps shouldn’t be doing it yet and perhaps we should be waiting for the United Nations, you know. He’s under a lot of pressure. He’s — I think he’s doing a very good job. But, of course, if you look at the polls, a lot of people are getting a little tired. I think the Iraqi situation is a problem. And I think the economy is a much bigger problem as far as the president is concerned.

In an interview just 3 days after the invasion Trump seems more optimistic about the stock market due to the war than criticizing it.

Trump, March 21, 2003: Well, I think Wall Street’s waiting to see what happens but even before the fact they’re obviously taking it a little bit for granted that it looks like a tremendous success from a military standpoint and I think this is really nothing compared to what you’re going to see after the war is over.

Cavuto: What do you mean?

Trump: Well, I think Wall Street’s just going to go up like a rocket even beyond and it’s going to continue and – you know we have a strong and powerful country and let’s hope it all works out.

Cavuto: … Why are you so optimistic?

Trump: Well, I think a couple of things. I really feel that the key is that interest rates — beyond the war interest rates are going to have to stay stable and low. That’s going to be very important. And if you really look at Wall Street, Wall Street’s come down thousands and thousands of points over the last number of years. So really, I remember when we were sitting here saying two years ago that Wall Street is going to be double what it was two years ago and a lot of people didn’t believe that and I didn’t believe that, but there were plenty of very intelligent people who said yes. I think that Wall Street will be going up and the market will be going up and there’s great confidence in this great country.

Cavuto: You know there is a feeling abroad, Donald, that the French don’t like us, the Germans don’t like us. There were protests abroad still continuing around the globe today from Asia to Africa and that there’s going to be hell to pay that maybe some of these same people will prove their wrath by not investing in this country, by doing all sorts of nasty things, do you buy that?

Trump: Well, the I guess the French never liked us much except when we were bailing them out, to be totally honest with you. But certainly were going to have to work on our public relations because there’s no question there are a lot of countries right now that aren’t too fond of us. I think that can be solved and probably pretty quickly. The main thing is to get the war over with and just make it a tremendously successful campaign and it will be very interesting to see what kind of weapons they find.

Cavuto: … Does this put a chill on things economically? Does it scare people into buying [real estate] or not buying, renting and not renting?

Trump: In a nutshell Neil, the office market is just okay at best. The hotel market is nonexistent. But the residential market for buying, for condos, has been the strongest I’ve ever seen it. It’s amazing. Now, a lot of that has to do I believe with interest rates. You know money is so cheap and people are buying and they are paying the lowest interest rates in 40 years. But the market has been very strong in that sense. There’s been a lot of optimism in New York.

It wasn’t a mistake to fight terrorism and fight it hard, and I guess maybe if I had to do it, I would have fought terrorism but not necessarily Iraq.

That is well after the war started. He lied about opposing it before it began. Jesus, you people.

Oh.

Well.

Sure they are. That's not the issue. He lied about opposing the war before it started. If he said he merely changed his mind that would be understandable, many people did.

I'll repeat myself again:

"Well, he has either got to do something or not do something, perhaps, because perhaps [he] shouldn’t be doing it yet and perhaps we should be waiting for the United Nations, you know. He’s under a lot of pressure. He’s — I think he’s doing a very good job. But, of course, if you look at the polls, a lot of people are getting a little tired. I think the Iraqi situation is a problem. And I think the economy is a much bigger problem as far as the president is concerned.

Let's try this again:

"Well, he has either got to do something or not do something, perhaps, because perhaps shouldn’t be doing it yet and perhaps we should be waiting for the United Nations, you know. He’s under a lot of pressure. He’s — I think he’s doing a very good job. But, of course, if you look at the polls, a lot of people are getting a little tired. I think the Iraqi situation is a problem. And I think the economy is a much bigger problem as far as the president is concerned.

Yes, Trump is describing reasons why Bush may be delaying on going into Iraq. Not only do you not understand that Trump lied, you don't get context either.

And again:

"Well, he has either got to do something or not do something, perhaps, because perhaps shouldn’t be doing it yet and perhaps we should be waiting for the United Nations, you know. He’s under a lot of pressure. He’s — I think he’s doing a very good job. But, of course, if you look at the polls, a lot of people are getting a little tired. I think the Iraqi situation is a problem. And I think the economy is a much bigger problem as far as the president is concerned."

Oh.

Well.

I'll repeat myself again:

"Well, he has either got to do something or not do something, perhaps, because perhaps [he] shouldn’t be doing it yet and perhaps we should be waiting for the United Nations, you know. He’s under a lot of pressure. He’s — I think he’s doing a very good job. But, of course, if you look at the polls, a lot of people are getting a little tired. I think the Iraqi situation is a problem. And I think the economy is a much bigger problem as far as the president is concerned.

he won't get it. He is too schmarrrrrrrrrrrt!

Let's try this again:

"Well, he has either got to do something or not do something, perhaps, because perhaps shouldn’t be doing it yet and perhaps we should be waiting for the United Nations, you know. He’s under a lot of pressure. He’s — I think he’s doing a very good job. But, of course, if you look at the polls, a lot of people are getting a little tired. I think the Iraqi situation is a problem. And I think the economy is a much bigger problem as far as the president is concerned.

And again:

"Well, he has either got to do something or not do something, perhaps, because perhaps shouldn’t be doing it yet and perhaps we should be waiting for the United Nations, you know. He’s under a lot of pressure. He’s — I think he’s doing a very good job. But, of course, if you look at the polls, a lot of people are getting a little tired. I think the Iraqi situation is a problem. And I think the economy is a much bigger problem as far as the president is concerned."

Getting the picture yet? Did you read the very last sentence? He said the economy is/was a bigger issue than whether we should be going to war or not. That's context. It's funny how all the fact checkers missed that one. single. sentence.

You know what I'm really glad about this debate tonight?

All the conspiracy idiots who say that Hillary is in bad health can't claim that anymore. She looked good, didn't show ill health, and actually sounded like she knew what she was talking about.

Trump on the other hand was an incoherent, water guzzling baboon. Who was coaching him for his debate this evening, Rubio?

She did look good. They juiced her up good, huh?
ABS are you saying the video's of her face planting on 9/11 were fake? Are you saying he slurred speech are fake? Are you saying her forgetfulness is fake?
It is all on video. Do you need to see them again?

Never said anything like what you're trying to claim I did. Never said that anything was a fake.

However..............her almost falling down (she didn't face plant as you claim), was due to her having pneumonia and being dehydrated. It happens. I don't have a problem with people getting sick (like I said.......it happens), but I do have a bit of an issue with her staff trying to keep it quiet and cover it up.

Forgetfulness? Do YOU have a perfect memory? Are you telling me that you never forget things as well? I've forgotten many things over my years. Not because of sickness or a brain injury, it's just that sometimes they weren't important enough, other times it was because something bigger came up and took all my attention.

As far as the slurred speech, do you have a video for that? I've yet to see her speaking in a slurred way.

But then again, I don't spend all my time on the right wing blog sites.

Plus:

Yeah, its conspiracy.

I know. Live video is a conspiracy. So is face planting. It's all lies and conspiracies I tell ya! Doctors are on on it as well!!!! Damn conspiracy nutz.

No, quoting a doctor who is talking about something out of his field and who has never been in the same room as Clinton is conspiracy. Eyes that sometimes do not track the same way is not that uncommon and many people have this and they are perfectly healthy.

Let's try this again:

And again:

Getting the picture yet? Did you read the very last sentence? He said the economy is/was a bigger issue than whether we should be going to war or not.

Yeah, Trump thought the economy was a bigger issue than the Iraq war, so?

Are you providing a link that states there is no evidence to back Trump's claim?

Yeah? I'm posting evidence that shows he did oppose (perhaps vaguely) the war in Iraq before the invasion. Why didn't you read it instead of posting this?

You did,

I posted the relevant transcript of the Cavuto interview before the Iraq war and shortly afterward. He didn't seem to state in either that he opposed the war. Thus there is no evidence today that he didn't lie
Yes, he opposed the war after he supported the war or did he oppose it then support it and then oppose it.

Let's try this again:

And again:

Getting the picture yet? Did you read the very last sentence? He said the economy is/was a bigger issue than whether we should be going to war or not.

So? He thought Bush should be focusing on the economy, not on a whether to start a war. See how that goes?

Yeah? I'm posting evidence that shows he did oppose (perhaps vaguely) the war in Iraq before the invasion. Why didn't you read it instead of posting this?

You did,

Yes, he opposed the war after he supported the war or did he oppose it then support it and then oppose it.

Come again?

Let's try this again:

And again:

So? He thought Bush should be focusing on the economy, not on a whether to start a war. See how that goes?

He doesn't say that. He wants Bush to shit or get off the pot on Iraq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back