🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Debt Ceiling Increase or Spending Cuts First?

What should be done first?

• Spending cuts first, debt ceiling later

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Debt ceiling first, spending cuts later

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Over analytical. Do you not understand that sometimes it is better to use the more common vernacular to lure readers into reading the OP? By the way did you vote on the poll? I have explained to you in many different ways what I deem a "crisis" to be. If you choose to remain as thick headed as you are, that's something you will have to reconcile on your own.

So you deny what I bolded above, but you had just confirmed exactly what I said in this exchange below:

Raising the debt limit is so the government can borrow more money instead of paying off the debt it has incurred

-Geaux

Your reply:

Hence the crisis.

Yes, a crisis of irresponsibility and self restraint. Your arrogance has become your argument.

Ok, so based on your earlier claim that you cannot support anything that creates a crisis,

your position should be that any raising of the debt ceiling is unacceptable, and yet the only two choices in your poll both involve raising the debt ceiling.

That is not the debate. I was simply replying to misinformation that the Government is legally bound to pay Social Security.

According the the Democrat Congressman from Tennessee, they are not

-Geaux

If my eligibility to receive Social Security is supported by federal law, how can it not be a legal requirement of the federal government to pay my SS?

You would have to take that up with the Democrat lawmaker who was interviewed

-Geaux

So it's not your position.

Over analytical. Do you not understand that sometimes it is better to use the more common vernacular to lure readers into reading the OP? By the way did you vote on the poll? I have explained to you in many different ways what I deem a "crisis" to be. If you choose to remain as thick headed as you are, that's something you will have to reconcile on your own.

Maybe for clarity's sake, not to mention sanity's sake, you should tell us,

in plain English,

Are you fer it, or agin it?

Setting your snideness aside, an easy circumvention of the debt ceiling would be to abolish it. Have a balanced budget amendment added to the constitution. That if our debt reaches a certain level, automatic and severe cuts would be triggered across the board unless or until proper action is taken by Congress and The President. This Amendment would remain as is, and would require a Constitutional Convention to be changed.

The big problem with what you just said is the word 'easy'. A balanced budget amendment would be anything but 'easy'.

So you deny what I bolded above, but you had just confirmed exactly what I said in this exchange below:

Raising the debt limit is so the government can borrow more money instead of paying off the debt it has incurred

-Geaux

Your reply:

Hence the crisis.

Yes, a crisis of irresponsibility and self restraint. Your arrogance has become your argument.

Ok, so based on your earlier claim that you cannot support anything that creates a crisis,

your position should be that any raising of the debt ceiling is unacceptable, and yet the only two choices in your poll both involve raising the debt ceiling.

I am gauging the general interests of this board in regards to this subject. I have made my opinion known. If you can no longer stick to the original topic of this OP, you are wasting my time.

in plain English,

Setting your snideness aside, an easy circumvention of the debt ceiling would be to abolish it. Have a balanced budget amendment added to the constitution. That if our debt reaches a certain level, automatic and severe cuts would be triggered across the board unless or until proper action is taken by Congress and The President. This Amendment would remain as is, and would require a Constitutional Convention to be changed.

The big problem with what you just said is the word 'easy'. A balanced budget amendment would be anything but 'easy'.

Uhh yeah it would. Stop spending. Keep the budget balanced. Ensure compliance through dire consequence. Or did simple addition and subtraction suddenly become Quantum Physics for people like you?

Last edited:

in plain English,

Setting your snideness aside, .

If you hold the exclusive rights to snideness on this board you should at least do the rest of us the courtesy of giving us permission to use them.

Uhh yeah it would. Stop spending. Keep the budget balanced. Ensure compliance through dire consequence. Or did simple mathematics suddenly become Quantum Physics for people like you?

I should have said passing a balanced budget amendment would not be easy.

in plain English,

If you hold the exclusive rights to snideness on this board you should at least do the rest of us the courtesy of giving us permission to use them.

Cry me a freaking river. I tried being reasonable with you. But you chose to critique the wording of my thread, throw strawmen, false dilemmas, genetic fallacies, red herrings and whatnot at me without even discussing the thread itself or voting on the poll. You are intellectually dishonest.

Last edited:

Uhh yeah it would. Stop spending. Keep the budget balanced. Ensure compliance through dire consequence. Or did simple mathematics suddenly become Quantum Physics for people like you?

I should have said passing a balanced budget amendment would not be easy.

If people in Washington had any inkling of common sense, yes it would be easy. But people let loyalty to party come before loyalty to country.

Rofl, I blew you away. Unlike you, I don't rely on left wing interpretations of history, or what is dubbed as "revisionist history." Have a seat, knucklehead. You have been denied.

Are you out of your mind? You just cited Wikipedia...and paraphrased it in your post. You have not blown me away.

In fact, I am pretty sure you did not read the link I cited for you. How could you know if it left wing interpretation.

"Or what is dubbed as "revisionist history"?" Man are you a word clown!

What do you know about Friedman? What country, besides this one, did he help fuck over? Do you have a clue? You have 10 seconds to answer.

Go!

Your link is left wing revisionist history. I will not dare pollute my mind with that nonsense. Milton Friedman is a Misesian economist. He is responsible for singlehandedly changing governmental views on economics across the world. His protege was none other than Thomas Sowell, who himself singlehandedly countered and destroyed the Cloward-Piven strategy.

Please.

Keynes has a good track record, does Milton Friedman? Chile? This country embargoed that country to economic death when it had an elected president. Later, the chilean miracle under a murderous dictator. Any other Friedman miracles or is it still theory? A couple good reads on the subject are "Shock Doctrine" and "Confessions of an economic hitman". .

Are you out of your mind? You just cited Wikipedia...and paraphrased it in your post. You have not blown me away.

In fact, I am pretty sure you did not read the link I cited for you. How could you know if it left wing interpretation.

What do you know about Friedman? What country, besides this one, did he help fuck over? Do you have a clue? You have 10 seconds to answer.

Go!

Your link is left wing revisionist history. I will not dare pollute my mind with that nonsense. Milton Friedman is a Misesian economist. He is responsible for singlehandedly changing governmental views on economics across the world. His protege was none other than Thomas Sowell, who himself singlehandedly countered and destroyed the Cloward-Piven strategy.

Please.

Keynes has a good track record, does Milton Friedman? Chile? This country embargoed that country to economic death when it had an elected president. Later, the chilean miracle under a murderous dictator. Any other Friedman miracles or is it still theory? A couple good reads on the subject are "Shock Doctrine" and "Confessions of an economic hitman". .

If Milton Friedman can successfully influence geo-economic philosophy, I'd say he does have a good track record. The Misesian economic model is superior to all.

Cry me a freaking river. I tried being reasonable with you. But you chose to critique the wording of my thread, throw strawmen, false dilemmas, genetic fallacies, red herrings and whatnot at me without even discussing the thread itself or voting on the poll. You are intellectually dishonest.

He wasn't crying a river, he was constructing a damn in yours. You are known as this forum's whining hero. You slay opponents with in your feeble mind by bitching to mods and using your ignore feature.

Passing an amendment to the US Constitution is not....and should not be "easy". One would think a self taught constitutional scholar such as yourself would agree.

Go!

Please.

Awwwwww! Didja hafta go and tell him the answer?

This self-taught expert on Friedman and Keynes....was unaware of the "Chilean Miracle" until you just told him about it. Posers gotta pose.

It's a little funny that anyone thinks Republicans are holding any cards here. They'd better get government up and running including the debt ceiling or there won't be a Republican party.

We have a huge spending problem - so cuts first

The right is so quick to toss this out but they never say that what they want to cut is NOT subsidies to big oil or our already hugely bloated military or any of the other things we really don't need.

Nope. What the right says is, take it from those have the least so we can build more tanks even though we will never even use the ones we have.

Nor do they admit how much Obama has already cut while the Rs are still voting to spend more AND fighting against paying for what they spend.

More lies from you. I want to cut EVERYTHING! Fire up the chainsaws and start slashing!

We have a huge spending problem - so cuts first

The right is so quick to toss this out but they never say that what they want to cut is NOT subsidies to big oil or our already hugely bloated military or any of the other things we really don't need.

Nope. What the right says is, take it from those have the least so we can build more tanks even though we will never even use the ones we have.

Nor do they admit how much Obama has already cut while the Rs are still voting to spend more AND fighting against paying for what they spend.

More lies from you. I want to cut EVERYTHING! Fire up the chainsaws and start slashing!

I want to go all Jason Voorhees on the debt!

Please.

If Milton Friedman can successfully influence geo-economic philosophy, I'd say he does have a good track record. The Misesian economic model is superior to all.

One would think with all the discussions we have had on economics over the last year, you would have mentioned Mises more than a couple of times. I mean, his model is superior to all!

Forum List

Back