🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Delegates....a rigged system?

Can anyone find fault in what he wrote to the American people here? Martin Eden Mercury what say you about this 'letter'?

Let Me Ask America a Question
The premise is faulty. The people of Colorado? No, Republican primary voters in Colorado.

Conflating an abstract 'system' with a political party selection process?

and " officials can simply cancel elections in America" - What they did was cancel a party election. they have that right. Trump wants to challenge the rules or change the rules? Trump brags he himself to be unpredictable and break rules. The party broke no rules. The people of Colorado will get to vote for President in November. Parties own their own names, and they make their own rules.

I would say they have more than a "right" to, but a responsibility to do so.
Funny thing is, Trump himself mentioned 'responsible' leaders :lol:

Can anyone find fault in what he wrote to the American people here? Martin Eden Mercury what say you about this 'letter'?

The premise is faulty. The people of Colorado? No, Republican primary voters in Colorado.

and " officials can simply cancel elections in America" - What they did was cancel a party election. they have that right. Trump wants to challenge the rules or change the rules? Trump brags he himself to be unpredictable and break rules. The party broke no rules. The people of Colorado will get to vote for President in November. Parties own their own names, and they make their own rules.

The whole Trump thing is the closest we'll see to a real populist movement in the US, thankfully.

It's the only advantage our demented two-party system has over a parliament.

Of course the system is rigged. It was designed to be rigged. It's another example of why we're not a "Democracy", a fact that movement conservatives used to love pointing out. The United States was designed to be an elitist country - and that's a big part of why it's worked out better than any populist movement ever has.
Marshall used to to call his effete cousin Jefferson, ''the great Lama of the mountain'' Such a pretender those elitists. Tribunes of the people. Ha!

The whole Trump thing is the closest we'll see to a real populist movement in the US, thankfully.

Trump's following being a cult of personality, it is a hybrid populist thing. Of course he stepped in front of a few issues, but his style and cause has been himself

Trump's following being a cult of personality, it is a hybrid populist thing. Of course he stepped in front of a few issues, but his style and cause has been himself

Almost every populist movement in history has coalesced alongside a cult of personality for it's leaders.

Almost every populist movement in history has coalesced alongside a cult of personality for it's leaders.
Il Duce!!!

If they don't lie, cheat and steal, Republicans can't get elected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatal
Your super delegates agree with you.

Seriously though, you are a fool if you believe there is much difference between the party elites of both parties.
Either way your status as a party hack is secure

Ann Coulter ‏@AnnCoulter 19h19 hours ago

Trump is trying to stop illegal immigrants from voting in U.S. elections. Cruz is trying to stop Colorado GOPs from voting in U.S. elections

Cruz had nothing to do with the decisions of the Colorado GOP, which were made months ago, at the beginning of the primary season. Are you trying to claim that the GOP has access to crystal balls and fortune-telling, and KNEW Trump was going to be the frontrunner? If that were true, don't you think they'd have stopped that from happening before now?

Here's just a small taste of the delegate system in action. Rigged cluster fuck or perfectly normal?

Delegate Deception - Linkis.com
Some of us know more about local and state party stuff than others. But what is funny, is that sometimes people put their feet in their mouths

"In 40 percent of the contests, Trump did at least 10 percentage points better in the delegate race than in the actual voting." - :420:

Trump’s Right That The GOP Primary Is Unfair — It Favors Him

Sure it's rigged. That's why Trump is in the lead.

So? Does it, or should it, be fixed?

Define "fixed".

Well, just to start off, I think he knows nothing about what actually happened, and writes his "feelz" as fact. That doesn't bode well for the rest of the article.

Yup, that was the rest of the article, too. If I wanted to hear about his feelings, I'd be charging $500 an hour as his therapist.

Here's just a small taste of the delegate system in action. Rigged cluster fuck or perfectly normal?

Some of us know more about local and state party stuff than others. But what is funny, is that sometimes people put their feet in their mouths

"In 40 percent of the contests, Trump did at least 10 percentage points better in the delegate race than in the actual voting." - :420:

Trump’s Right That The GOP Primary Is Unfair — It Favors Him

Sure it's rigged. That's why Trump is in the lead.

So? Does it, or should it, be fixed?
What needs fixing? The premise is faulty. The system is what it is. The contestants/candidates are supposed to know how to play by the rules. Nothing is broken. It is a party primary, and parties get to decide HOW to nominate one of their own.

If I was going to fix anything, it would be the abysmal populist ignorance and laziness of the average voter.

Seriously though, you are a fool if you believe there is much difference between the party elites of both parties.
So people who do the day to day work of a party are elites and hacks? What do you do, show up on election day with a whine and a prayer?

So people who do the day to day work of a party are elites and hacks? What do you do, show up on election day with a whine and a prayer?
Fuck off smart ass

I think the role between the party and the party members voting is a legitimate debate. But again, it's a party nomination, not a general election. Why would the party leaders have no say in selecting the candidate? I'm not saying it's not a discussion, just that you seem to keep presenting it as one or the other. Vote or it's a crock.

And as I've mentioned before, it's not even just Republicans voting. If Republicans are going to increase the power of voters, step #1 to me would be to close the primaries and make it so you have to have been in the party for at least a year to vote in the primary. But that say a Republican Senator doesn't have extra say in his party's nominee than a random voter isn't logical and it's a way to guarantee the Republican party stands for nothing if anyone can say they are a Republican and the party can't have leadership with say.

Ironically I'm defending that while I don't vote for Republicans most of the time. They suck at picking candidates. That doesn't mean they don't have the right to pick their candidates though and that parties just need to be democracies of anyone who says they are in that party.

I focus on what comes out of the end of the pipe. Then I usually vote third party ...

Or get his panties in a ruffle the day AFTER because some propagandist told him he should.

Or get his panties in a ruffle the day AFTER because some propagandist told him he should.
Funny neither of you dumbfucks noticed I don't participate in the "stolen" election threads.
Course it didn't stop either of you from posting irrelevant nonsense.
Cecile I expect to act like a clueless bitch just because. But the other tool doesn't know any of us or our posting history.

Forum List

Back