🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Delegates....a rigged system?

If they don't lie, cheat and steal, Republicans can't get elected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatal
Your super delegates agree with you.

Seriously though, you are a fool if you believe there is much difference between the party elites of both parties.
Either way your status as a party hack is secure
So people who do the day to day work of a party are elites and hacks? What do you do, show up on election day with a whine and a prayer?

Or get his panties in a ruffle the day AFTER because some propagandist told him he should.
Funny neither of you dumbfucks noticed I don't participate in the "stolen" election threads.
Course it didn't stop either of you from posting irrelevant nonsense.
Cecile I expect to act like a clueless bitch just because. But the other tool doesn't know any of us or our posting history.

Really doesn't matter what type of threads you do or don't participate in. I'm just looking at the stuff you ARE posting.

If they don't lie, cheat and steal, Republicans can't get elected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatal
Your super delegates agree with you.

Seriously though, you are a fool if you believe there is much difference between the party elites of both parties.
Either way your status as a party hack is secure
So people who do the day to day work of a party are elites and hacks? What do you do, show up on election day with a whine and a prayer?

Or get his panties in a ruffle the day AFTER because some propagandist told him he should.
Funny neither of you dumbfucks noticed I don't participate in the "stolen" election threads.
Course it didn't stop either of you from posting irrelevant nonsense.
Cecile I expect to act like a clueless bitch just because. But the other tool doesn't know any of us or our posting history.

Really doesn't matter what type of threads you do or don't participate in. I'm just looking at the stuff you ARE posting.
You act like a complete cvnt in EVERY THREAD you participate in. Perhaps you should do a bit of reflection instead of projection.

Here's just a small taste of the delegate system in action. Rigged cluster fuck or perfectly normal?

Delegate Deception - Linkis.com
Some of us know more about local and state party stuff than others. But what is funny, is that sometimes people put their feet in their mouths

"In 40 percent of the contests, Trump did at least 10 percentage points better in the delegate race than in the actual voting." - :420:

Trump’s Right That The GOP Primary Is Unfair — It Favors Him

Sure it's rigged. That's why Trump is in the lead.

So? Does it, or should it, be fixed?

Define "fixed".
You're kidding right? What do you not understand about states disenfranchising voters?

Should American's (registered voters) be denied their vote be it via caucus or straight vote primary? Yes or no?

Here's just a small taste of the delegate system in action. Rigged cluster fuck or perfectly normal?

Some of us know more about local and state party stuff than others. But what is funny, is that sometimes people put their feet in their mouths

"In 40 percent of the contests, Trump did at least 10 percentage points better in the delegate race than in the actual voting." - :420:

Define "fixed".
You're kidding right? What do you not understand about states disenfranchising voters?

Should American's (registered voters) be denied their vote be it via caucus or straight vote primary? Yes or no?

Maybe you could clarify your yes or no question. Are you arguing that voting should determine all the delegates or just that it's wrong not to have voting determine a portion of them?

It is not rigged nor does it need to be fixed. Donald Trump and his advisors knew about the rule changes in every caucus and primary, so he need to just accept it and move on.

The Republican Party, Democratic Party, and every third Political Party have safeguards in place and it is the state political party leaders choice to use them or not, and Colorado decided to use them and I have no issue with it at all.

Also remember even in the general election the American voter popular vote might ( key word is might ) guide the Electoral College voter to vote accordingly to the state rules about popular vote, but in some states the Electoral College voter can override the state popular vote, and you know what I am fine with that too.

The reason why is because our founding fathers put safeguards in place to protect ourselves from us and they were smart men even back then.

Donald Trump and his voters need to learn that sometimes safeguards are in place for a reason and you might not agree now but down the road you will want them to do it again...

Define "fixed".

What do YOU not understand about "this is a private organization, not the states" and "you have no right to populism in a private organization"?

Either specify your idea of "fixed", or don't. But don't give me this "everyone knows how it SHOULD be" bullshit.

I think if you join an organization, you accept the rules of that organization, or you work your way up into the leadership and reset the rules, or you go find another organization.

Define "fixed".

If the political party believe it should, yes. It is the choice of that state leaders and if they feel the vote is wrong and want to toss the popular vote then that is their right to do so.

So, are you saying the really fair way would be to have a primary in each state, and allocate bound delegates by % of popular vote? Assuming no candidate reached the number to win the nomination, would delegates then be unbound to vote for any candidate in later rounds of voting?

It is not rigged nor does it need to be fixed. Donald Trump and his advisors knew about the rule changes in every caucus and primary, so he need to just accept it and move on.

The Republican Party, Democratic Party, and every third Political Party have safeguards in place and it is the state political party leaders choice to use them or not, and Colorado decided to use them and I have no issue with it at all.

Also remember even in the general election the American voter popular vote might ( key word is might ) guide the Electoral College voter to vote accordingly to the state rules about popular vote, but in some states the Electoral College voter can override the state popular vote, and you know what I am fine with that too.

The reason why is because our founding fathers put safeguards in place to protect ourselves from us and they were smart men even back then.

Donald Trump and his voters need to learn that sometimes safeguards are in place for a reason and you might not agree now but down the road you will want them to do it again...

I think some states have torturously complex delegate apportionment systems, but I do understand that those systems exist for many reasons, and only one of them is to maintain control of the party against hostile takeovers.

Define "fixed".

Maybe you could clarify your yes or no question. Are you arguing that voting should determine all the delegates or just that it's wrong not to have voting determine a portion of them?
The state can set it up however they want. Winner Take All, Portion of Delegates are divided up, Caucus, Straight Primary, Open Primary...whatever. It's not a difficult question. Should Americans be allowed to vote for a candidate and have their vote counted? Yes of no?

So, are you saying the really fair way would be to have a primary in each state, and allocate bound delegates by % of popular vote? Assuming no candidate reached the number to win the nomination, would delegates then be unbound to vote for any candidate in later rounds of voting?

I think he just wants parties to be forced to field seriously flawed candidates who can't generate sufficient support.

The cat is fully out of the bag now. People have heard about delegates and the establishment this or that but I doubt many knew he extent of it. The system is rigged on both sides for the powerful to remain in power. Them that has the gold makes the rules. It seems worse on the left, which is contrary to what the running meme is but rigged they are. I'm sure Cruz is making the deals for the delegates as we speak.

And comparing it to the republic system or electoral college is wrong. In a republic we are supposed to elect our representatives. Not assigned representatives by power brokers. And the EC is designed so small or sparse areas aren't totally shut out of the direction the nation goes.

Economy
The Rigged Economic System: Why No One Can End Reagan’s 'Dead Wrong' Voodoo Economics
The middle class creates rich people, not the other way around.
Venture capitalist Nick Hanauer, a highly visible champion of Seattle’s $15/hour minimum wage, wrote a piece in the Atlantic last month pushing on another front in the war against toxic income inequality. “Stock Buybacks Are Killing the American Economy,” he warned, and getting rid of them would be a tremendous boon to the economy.
Fuck the elections to a point.
Stop trickle down economics and the voodoo economics that reagan started.
The Rigged Economic System: Why No One Can End Reagan’s 'Dead Wrong' Voodoo Economics

I'll try to make this simple. First off, unbound delegates should be tossed in the trash. So lets get that out of the way. There are only pledged delegates.

The state can opt for a caucus or primary--whatever they choose. They also can set it up as WTA (winner take all) or % of the popular vote. Doesn't matter.

After every American has cast their vote in the primaries/caucuses, whoever has the most pledged delegates wins. If Candidate A has 1,000 delegates and Candidate B has 999 delegates at the finish line, Candidate A gets the nomination. Boom! Done! Everyone moves on.

That's the problem with cereal's question. Fair question, but it's not specific and he wants it boiled down to "yes/no"

I'll try to make this simple. First off, unbound delegates should be tossed in the trash. So lets get that out of the way. There are only pledged delegates.

The state can opt for a caucus or primary--whatever they choose. They also can set it up as WTA (winner take all) or % of the popular vote. Doesn't matter.

After every American has cast their vote in the primaries/caucuses, whoever has the most pledged delegates wins. If Candidate A has 1,000 delegates and Candidate B has 999 delegates at the finish line, Candidate A gets the nomination. Boom! Done! Everyone moves on.

That helps, thank you, but a couple of questions:

Why should "every American" decide, shouldn't it be actual party members?

It is a political party, why shouldn't the party itself and key elected members of the party have more say in the future of their party than random people who just self identify as a member of the party?

Of course the system is rigged. It was designed to be rigged. It's another example of why we're not a "Democracy", a fact that movement conservatives used to love pointing out. The United States was designed to be an elitist country - and that's a big part of why it's worked out better than any populist movement ever has.
First it is a primary not a general and second we are not a democracy we are a constitutional republic.

I think he just wants parties to be forced to field seriously flawed candidates who can't generate sufficient support.
Fuck the parties, they don't represent the American people. They represent their own interests. Our Government is supposed to be "FOR" "BY" and "OF"...not this circus of greedy power hungry clowns who give ZERO fucks about you and I.

Wake up Cecilie, you're being used as a pawn in their game.

That helps, thank you, but a couple of questions:

Why should "every American" decide, shouldn't it be actual party members?

It is a political party, why shouldn't the party itself and key elected members of the party have more say in the future of their party than random people who just self identify as a member of the party?
I pretty much answered that question above ^^^^^^^^^

Forum List

Back