Democrat motive for $15 minimum wage?

Beautiful city, beautiful state

The Electric Boat Company got its start building submarines for the United States Navy in Elizabeth, New Jersey, beginning with the launch of USS Holland (SS-1) in 1897. These pioneering naval craft [known as A-Class] were developed at Lewis Nixon's Crescent Shipyard in Elizabeth between the years 1896–1903.[3

Rutgers has many locations, but theCamden campus is the most dangerousof them all. Camden, New Jersey ranks as the third most dangerous city in America on Neighborhood Scout.Apr 10, 2018
In My Area » High Speed Internet, Cable TV, Home Security, Utilities › resources
6 Dangerous Colleges You Should Reconsider Attending - In My Area

There were 23 murders in Camden in 2017, the lowest in the city in three decades, part of a significant decline in violent crime since 2012

Camden is also the proud home to the USS New Jersey

Only 23 murders and 100,997 rapes and robbery's..

Impressive
Loved your list of top six dangerous colleges

Yale tops a list that includes USC, Cornell, Penn State
Camden is in good company

What where you saying again about red States?

Clemson is nation’s safest campus, report says

Philip Sikes, Student Affairs
August 15, 2017

CLEMSON — Clemson University is the safest college campus in the nation, according to a new report from CollegeStats.org. The report was based on a survey of 179,000 students as well as data analyzed from campus safety reports for 100 selected universities.

And only a minimum wage of $7.25 an hour..

Werid

Everyone should know that this will reduce the number of entry level/low skill jobs, so what is the Democrat motive for a $15/hr minimum wage?

The answer is that this is exactly the result they want: Fewer people working and more people dependent on government programs.

Guess how they will vote?
Answer is simple

Minimum wage has not been raised in ten years. $15 will just begin to recoup lost spending power

$15 would more than recoup. Highest it's ever been in 2019$ terms is $11 in the 60's.

So why the fuck are we talking about $15 on a Federal level when our current minimum wage has been inflation battered $7.25 for a decade. How about a cool $10 first?
Incrementally raise it
$10 at first
Then $12.50 and link future increases to inflation
Congress has shown they can’t be trusted to look out after low wage earners. They do a good job looking out for the rich though

So, you'll incrementally raise inflation and SLOWLY put people out of work. Very wise....not.

So your position is that minimum wage should never have been increased

We have a booming economy. Our businesses are more than capable of raising the wage for our lowest paid workers

My position is that the minimum wage is for beginning workers and workers with no skills. Therefore, it should not be more than $7.25 an hour, to encourage workers to get training that would help them earn more money or trade their experience for better positions..

Beautiful city, beautiful state

The Electric Boat Company got its start building submarines for the United States Navy in Elizabeth, New Jersey, beginning with the launch of USS Holland (SS-1) in 1897. These pioneering naval craft [known as A-Class] were developed at Lewis Nixon's Crescent Shipyard in Elizabeth between the years 1896–1903.[3

Rutgers has many locations, but theCamden campus is the most dangerousof them all. Camden, New Jersey ranks as the third most dangerous city in America on Neighborhood Scout.Apr 10, 2018
In My Area » High Speed Internet, Cable TV, Home Security, Utilities › resources

There were 23 murders in Camden in 2017, the lowest in the city in three decades, part of a significant decline in violent crime since 2012

Impressive

August 15, 2017

CLEMSON — Clemson University is the safest college campus in the nation, according to a new report from CollegeStats.org. The report was based on a survey of 179,000 students as well as data analyzed from campus safety reports for 100 selected universities.
Sorry pal

I’d rather have my kid go to Yale

Answer is simple

Minimum wage has not been raised in ten years. $15 will just begin to recoup lost spending power

$15 would more than recoup. Highest it's ever been in 2019$ terms is $11 in the 60's.

So why the fuck are we talking about $15 on a Federal level when our current minimum wage has been inflation battered $7.25 for a decade. How about a cool $10 first?
Incrementally raise it
$10 at first
Congress has shown they can’t be trusted to look out after low wage earners. They do a good job looking out for the rich though

So, you'll incrementally raise inflation and SLOWLY put people out of work. Very wise....not.

We have a booming economy. Our businesses are more than capable of raising the wage for our lowest paid workers

My position is that the minimum wage is for beginning workers and workers with no skills. Therefore, it should not be more than $7.25 an hour, to encourage workers to get training that would help them earn more money or trade their experience for better positions..
I agree. Beginning workers
Kids starting out in life. Wanting to pay for college. Buy a car.

7.25 doesn’t cut it

Impressive

August 15, 2017

Sorry pal

I'd rather my kid work a hog farm when 15 just as I did.

Incrementally raise it
$10 at first

7.25 doesn’t cut it

$10 new Jersey

Impressive

August 15, 2017

Sorry pal

And do what mental masturbation?

Everyone should know that this will reduce the number of entry level/low skill jobs, so what is the Democrat motive for a $15/hr minimum wage?

The answer is that this is exactly the result they want: Fewer people working and more people dependent on government programs.

Has it happened in Seattle?

No it has not.

I posted the truth about this in this thread a while ago. No one paid much attention to the truth.

The truth is that Seattle has 2.6% unemployment.

While Spokane, which is a red city, the second largest in the state and doesn't have 15 dollar minimum wage has 5% unemployment.

The red Spokane has nearly twice the unemployment rate as Seattle.

Entry level jobs didn't go away. There will always be a need for those jobs. All that's changed is that those in those jobs in Seattle are earning a living wage and don't need to be on public assistance.

That's one thing I don't understand. The far right radical extremists hate people to be on public assistance yet they do everything they possibly can to make sure as many people as possible have to be on public assistance.

It has not happened in the city of SeaTac either. They changed to 15 dollar an hour before Seattle.

Incrementally raise it
$10 at first

7.25 doesn’t cut it

$10 new Jersey
Going up to $15

7.25 doesn’t cut it

$10 new Jersey
Going up to $15

More jobs leaving New Jersey?

No it has not.

I posted the truth about this in this thread a while ago. No one paid much attention to the truth.

While Spokane, which is a red city, the second largest in the state and doesn't have 15 dollar minimum wage has 5% unemployment.

Entry level jobs didn't go away. There will always be a need for those jobs. All that's changed is that those in those jobs in Seattle are earning a living wage and don't need to be on public assistance.

That's one thing I don't understand. The far right radical extremists hate people to be on public assistance yet they do everything they possibly can to make sure as many people as possible have to be on public assistance.

It has not happened in the city of SeaTac either. They changed to 15 dollar an hour before Seattle.

Israel US war contracts and you know it..

7.25 doesn’t cut it

$10 new Jersey
Going up to $15

More jobs leaving New Jersey?
Nope

If you don’t want to pay $15 minimum wage, do the work yourself

No it has not.

Israel US war contracts and you know it..

Nope II

As a proud liberal progressive who farts at the conservatively correct it is MY rational and sane opinion that minimum wages do NOT really help.

the cost of living just goes up for everyone!

What we really need is not LAWS but a change in the attitude of the people dispensing the happy cabbage!

if we could get them to understand that, should all people earn a decent livable wage and have decent affordable health care and decent affordable education, then we truly would be a great nation!

If everyone earned a decent livable wage then more people would go out to dinner, have pizza more often, go to movies, buy clothes.....the economy would boom!

Unfortunately the people who control the wealth can only see "capitalism" as a game in which THEY get MORE and MORE....

Last edited:
if we could get them to understand that, should all people earn a decent livable wage and have decent affordable health care and decent affordable education, then we truly would be a great nation!

I agree, but where do the jobs come from? New startup businesses can't afford high wages, and existing large companies already deal with labor unions. Perhaps temporary wage subvention for new jobs?

Forum List

Back