Democrat: People Making Fun Of Congress Should Be Prosecuted

The question is, does this show a shocking ignorance of our Constitution, laws, and national identity, or does it show a willful disdain of the same?
Neither, as intimidating members of Congress actually IS against the law.

So making fun of members of congress is intimidating them?

Those were her exact words. You are using the term "intimidate", not her.

Nice attempt at a false equivalency, hack.

Did you look at the image being referred to?

See post 100. It's linked. Gee Wally I can't imagine why a woman would be offended at that, can you?

Nobody's going to sit through an off-topic video, but ---- ever notice that practiced-in-the-mirror studious look on Tucker's face makes him look like the only one standing in an elevator where somebody just farted?

This thread is funny considering how the Trumpfucks act when he's made fun of.

Illiberal leftist authoritarians are, well, not liberal.
I guess you didn't read the post above yours.

We're looking at an authoritarian president with his party backing and taking part in the authoritarianism with him. This is being ignored here.

Who said the Left are fascists?

"...people who are 'making fun of members of Congress' online 'should be prosecuted..'

'Those people who are online making fun of members of Congress are a disgrace and there is no need for anyone to think that is unacceptable,' Wilson said during a press conference. 'We are going to shut them down and work with whoever it is to shut them down, and they should be prosecuted'..."

Florida Democrat says those 'making fun' of members of Congress online should be 'prosecuted'

She was referring to some of the boarder guards:

But dozens of hateful posts in a secret Facebook group for current and former Border Patrol agents raise questions about how well if at all the company is policing disturbing postings and comments made outside of public view.

Many of the posts ProPublica obtained from the 9,500-member “I’m 10-15” group (10-15 is Border Patrol code for “alien in custody”) include violent or dehumanizing speech that appears to violate Facebook’s standards. For example, a thread of comments before a visit to a troubled Border Patrol facility in Texas by Democratic Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, of New York, and Veronica Escobar, of Texas, included “fuck the hoes and “No mames [fist].” Another post encouraged Border Patrol agents to respond to the Latina lawmakers visit by hurling a “burrito at these bitches.” And yet another mocked a video of a migrant man trying to carry a child through a rushing river in a plastic bag. A commenter joked, “At least it’s already in a trash bag” — all probable violations of the rules.
snip
Posts in hidden groups have incited incidents of violence in the real world, most famously against Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar and at the 2017 white supremacist march in Charlottesville, Virginia. The military launched an investigation of a secret Facebook group in 2017 after Marines shared naked pictures of female service members. Facebook has acknowledged the problem and has made some efforts to address it with new initiatives, such as a proposed independent review board and consultations with a group of 90 organizations, most focusing on civil rights.

Facebook has acknowledged the problem and has made some efforts to address it with new initiatives, such as a proposed independent review board and consultations with a group of 90 organizations, most focusing on civil rights.

Civil Rights Groups Have Been Warning Facebook About Hate Speech In Secret Groups For Years — ProPublica

Bravo Penelope :clap2:

Sorry to note that I missed this post when I got here but better late than never.

By stark contrast, the oblivious-to-context post immediately before yours just went:

I say we make Frederica (or whatever the fuck her stupid name is) a national joke. Make fun of her on a global level. Until shit quits.

:laughing0301:

-- in its entirety.

/flush

I guess you didn't read the post above yours. We're looking at an authoritarian president with his party backing and taking part in the authoritarianism with him. This is being ignored here.
I was addressing the thread, but you can deflect from my point all you want, I don't care.

I guess you didn't read the post above yours. We're looking at an authoritarian president with his party backing and taking part in the authoritarianism with him. This is being ignored here.
I was addressing the thread, but you can deflect from my point all you want, I don't care.
I'm not deflecting anything. I'm pointing out the standard hypocrisy of you guys on the right. And I did say you guys, for if you were centrist you'd see exactly what is going on

I'm not deflecting anything. I'm pointing out the standard hypocrisy of you guys on the right. And I did say you guys, for if you were centrist you'd see exactly what is going on
I lean left, voted for Hillary. I'm just not fond of the Regressive Left. They are not liberals.

Swing and a miss!

I agree with Mac. Many of these alleged liberals are anything but liberals. They are authoritarian leftists. That doesn't take away from your point about the authoritarian right. I agree with that too.

I blame Rush Limbaugh for continuing to perpetuate the misnomer of "liberal" he attributes to leftist authoritarians. They are far from liberal.

I am a liberal.

Thomas Jefferson and James Madison were liberals.

Some modern examples of true liberals today include actors Gary Oldman and Kurt Russel. Legal scholars Alan Dershowitz and Randy Barnett.

Most on the left professing to be liberals are not even close. Most politicians are authoritarians.

what's going on?

Nuttin' to see here, move along :)

Basically some wacko fringers put a slew of threatening sexist shit on the internets including a photoshop of AOC being forcibly raped by Rump. Understandably another Congressperson, who is also female, took offense to it. And the OP ---- who gets the Vapours any time anyone mentions AOC even though he lives three thousand miles away ---- wants to twist that into "HELP, POLICE!! "DEMOCRATS (note plural) ARE STOMPING FREE SPEECH!"

Oh and then he ran away.

As I said --- nuttin' to see. Literally.

Last edited:
I agree with Mac. Many of these alleged liberals are anything but liberals. They are authoritarian leftists. That doesn't take away from your point about the authoritarian right. I agree with that too.

I blame Rush Limbaugh for continuing to perpetuate the misnomer of "liberal" he attributes to leftist authoritarians. They are far from liberal.

I am a liberal.

Some modern examples of true liberals today include actors Gary Oldman and Kurt Russel. Legal scholars Alan Dershowitz and Randy Barnett.

Most on the left professing to be liberals are not even close. Most politicians are authoritarians.

IM2 is certainly not liberal.

I am a liberal.

The conflation began long before Lush Rimjob parroted it. Lee Atwater's candidate George Bush prominently used it in the 1988 election. Before that it was introduced in the 1940s by Republicans who looked at the calendar and realized they had been shut out of the White House for 20 years. It's a desperation move, blatantly dishonest, and ironically disparages those who founded this country and wrote its Constitution.

Who said the Left are fascists?

"...people who are 'making fun of members of Congress' online 'should be prosecuted..'

'Those people who are online making fun of members of Congress are a disgrace and there is no need for anyone to think that is unacceptable,' Wilson said during a press conference. 'We are going to shut them down and work with whoever it is to shut them down, and they should be prosecuted'..."

Florida Democrat says those 'making fun' of members of Congress online should be 'prosecuted'

Who said the statement has jack shit to do with (a) "the left", (b) "fascists" or (c) "Democrats"?

Oh yeah. YOU did.

Desperation strikes deep.

But pogo, if it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, and most importantly, looks like a duck...why then, pardner....it's a duck!

I am a liberal.

The conflation began long before Lush Rimjob parroted it. Lee Atwater's candidate George Bush prominently used it in the 1988 election. Before that it was introduced in the 1940s by Republicans who looked at the calendar and realized they had been shut out of the White House for 20 years. It's a desperation move, blatantly dishonest, and ironically disparages those who founded this country and wrote its Constitution.
I distinctly remember GHW Bush referring to Michael Dukakis as a "liberal".

Dukakis

Dukakis
tenor.gif

Dukakis
:lol:

I am a liberal.

I distinctly remember GHW Bush referring to Michael Dukakis as a "liberal".

Dukakis

Dukakis
tenor.gif

Dukakis

Exactly, and he sneered the word as if it were supposed to be an insult.

That's Lee Atwater for ya.

I am a liberal.

IM2 is certainly not liberal.
He could be. I am trying to corrupt him.

Forum List

Back