Democrat Sen. Kyrsten Sinema Refuses to Take Oath of Office on Bible

Refusing to take an oath on the Bible is really a good look for her with all of those Catholic Hispanics flooding into her state.

Just sayin'.
They should know it's a secular state. Not part of the bible belt.

No I just wouldn't feel comfortable being sworn in with a bible when I don't believe a word of it.

Are you going to claim all non christians are bad people? Go ahead. Just remember what that Deplorable comment did to Hillary.

Of course not...just the ones that want to pee on a book others hold up as special....

As long as she didn’t use the communist manifesto or something likewise anti-American.

She used the U.S. Constitution.

--- which is what everybody should have been in physical contact with since this country began.

WHY would we have been using a text that is entirely irrelevant to the responsibility of the office? Might as well use the Yellow Pages for Cedar Rapids.

Refusing to take an oath on the Bible is really a good look for her with all of those Catholic Hispanics flooding into her state.

Just sayin'.
They should know it's a secular state. Not part of the bible belt.

No, they should understand Freedom of Religious expression in the First Amendment, and would likely not appreciate her anti-Christian stance which wishes to crush all Religious Expression.

I never understood why swearing on the bible was significant.

Wouldn't it be acceptable to still lie, and then just go to confession afterwards?
Democrats lie all the time. Why would they care?

No I just wouldn't feel comfortable being sworn in with a bible when I don't believe a word of it.

Are you going to claim all non christians are bad people? Go ahead. Just remember what that Deplorable comment did to Hillary.

Of course not...just the ones that want to pee on a book others hold up as special....

You can't find me one left wing/liberal/progressive who is seriously advocating peeing on people's holy books. We would never disrespect like that. But you can find people like this on your side so why don't you stop the fake outrage. You're just playing politics. Using religion to try and divide us. Are you a russian?

Terry Jones is an American anti-Islamic right wing activist and the pastor of Dove World Outreach Center, located in Gainesville, Florida. He is the President of a political group, Stand Up America Now. He first gained national and international attention in 2010 for his plan to burn Korans

Wouldn't it be acceptable to still lie, and then just go to confession afterwards?
Actually if you take a serious look you'll see Democrats lie a lot less than Republicans.

Basically you guys have 4 lies Hillary told. None of them deal breakers. But yet every time Trump lies, you bring up one of these 4 lies Hillary told.

It's almost as if Hillary's 4 lies allow Trump to lie all the time and you don't care.

Analysis | President Trump has made more than 5,000 false or misleading claims

4 compared to 5000

Democrat Sen. Kyrsten Sinema Refuses to Take Oath of Office on Bible

I guess this is what Democrats would call "progress", electing a bisexual who refused to take the oath of office on a Bible.
So fucking what? Good grief :cuckoo:

What's the difference? Do you think any of those clowns in D.C. that took their oath on the Bible live any part of it? Just a book written by man.
Have you read it?....

Yes, more than 50 years ago, just another book written by man handed down for centuries and changed to each whim. So why the fuck do you care? Have you ever read it? Quran another useless book written by man.

So she would not swear to represent her district and the good people of her state in a fair and lawful way?.....that's their problem I guess....maybe they should have voted for an honest person that has no problem swearing an oath.....
Are you saying that to NOT swear on a bible isn't "fair and lawful"?

So she would not swear to represent her district and the good people of her state in a fair and lawful way?.....that's their problem I guess....maybe they should have voted for an honest person that has no problem swearing an oath.....
I'll swear in on the koran while standing on your holy book. How about that? All while peeing on the book of mormons.
Its not my Holy Book tard...its Gods holy book written for the Christians in the world....you should read it...to see how closely it is aligned with other faiths....
So? We're not all christers....nor are we required to be.

Actually if you take a serious look you'll see Democrats lie a lot less than Republicans.

Basically you guys have 4 lies Hillary told. None of them deal breakers. But yet every time Trump lies, you bring up one of these 4 lies Hillary told.

It's almost as if Hillary's 4 lies allow Trump to lie all the time and you don't care.

Analysis | President Trump has made more than 5,000 false or misleading claims

4 compared to 5000

I trust someone more who swears on the Constitution than someone who swears on a bible

Our laws are based on the Constitution, not some religious book
you almost got that right

the law is the constitution and that was based on Judean christian morals
Oh really? So you are saying we have judean christian sharia in this country?

I said they were based on the values not christian sharia,,in fact they left god out of it so it wouldnt be

I trust someone more who swears on the Constitution than someone who swears on a bible

Our laws are based on the Constitution, not some religious book
you almost got that right

the law is the constitution and that was based on Judean christian morals
Actually, it is the complete opposite

Our founders intentionally left god and religion out of our Constitution
again just partially true,,,they based it on christian values but purposely left god out of it so we could be inclusive to other religions ,,,except the one that goes against it
and the constitution is the law and all other laws shall not violate it
Not true at all

Our laws are not based on the Bible and do not follow it
Our Constitution is a superior document

Or flush a book others hold up to be special......

What is a Senator or Congresscritter beholden to as their framework for what they do?

The bible? Or the Constitution?

Forum List

Back