Democrats and Republicans pass Warren Amendment which calls for removal of Confederate Monuments in graveyards including Arlington

We have to learn about our history, honor those that fought and learn from mistakes made so many years ago.
Honoring those patriots who fought for the security and preservation of the United States is one thing and Americans should never forget them or their sacrifices.

Honoring TRAITORS of the United States who took up arms against this Nation and the Constitution to create their own Slave Nation separate and apart is anathema to all reasonable and honorable conduct!
They weren’t exactly “traitors”. They were serving their states, who by democratic process seceded from the Union. From their point of view the Union were traitors for attacking them and their right to govern themselves. It was a civil war, meaning both sides were Americans. Not saying they should be “honored”, but remembered yes.
"Civil war" means two side fighting for control over the same government. The South had no interest in controlling the federal government, so it wasn't a civil war.

War for Southern Independence then? Still lost.
So losing mean your cause is wrong?

How about Poland in WW II?

Nah, it just means the brilliant battlefield tactician was a terrible strategist for winning Independence for the South.
I have no idea what the fuck that is supposed to mean.

Not too surprising. Try this: Lee should have acted more like Washington and avoided major confrontations. Drag out the war, get some international recognition, and wait for the other side to get tired of losings sons.
What does that have to do with the Yankee theory that might makes right?
They kicked your asses for thinking might makes right...right?
You're the one who thinks might makes right, dumbass.
But you got your ass kicked for thinking might makes right dummy.
I don't believe might makes right, moron. You do.
You want to own slaves. You believe white makes right.......I meant might makes right.
Debating you is like teach calculus to an amoeba.

They will go after Civil War battlefields next. :mad:
I believe destroying Civil War relics, statues etc. is so very wrong. We have to learn about our history, honor those that fought and learn from mistakes made so many years ago. We have to learn about the issues, and make a point of never making the same mistakes in the future.

Think about the Holocaust. We have to learn and avoid the terror that once existed.
We learn about history from books. We pay honor by erecting monuments.

Why should we honor those who fought and lost a war on the Unit d States? And their cause was one of the vilest a war was ever fought, slavery.

Rioting, looting, and murder moves on to grave desecration.

Been a seriously frightening couple of weeks.

Welcome to Liberal Progressive Democratic Party Rule.

They are finally getting to try to destroy / erase all of this nations' history / culture, any reminder of who we are, where we came from, and how far we have come.

They can destroy monuments, but that does not change our history.
"They can destroy monuments, but that does not change our history."

My point exactly. As long as its written somewhere you can fondly reminiscence on what coulda been.
Except that you Stalinist creeps are only a few steps removed from book burning.
Banning movies ( Gone With the Wind) and books (Tom Sawyer) etc already happening.

Banned? Hardly. They're still for sale. But so is Mein Kampt.
Amazon banned Mein Kampf, moron.

Robot Check
View attachment 351127
View attachment 351130
Now why would someone want that shitty book?
Maybe because they want to know what Hilter actually said rather than accept the claims of douchebags like you.

We have to learn about our history, honor those that fought and learn from mistakes made so many years ago.
Honoring those patriots who fought for the security and preservation of the United States is one thing and Americans should never forget them or their sacrifices.

Honoring TRAITORS of the United States who took up arms against this Nation and the Constitution to create their own Slave Nation separate and apart is anathema to all reasonable and honorable conduct!
They weren’t exactly “traitors”. They were serving their states, who by democratic process seceded from the Union. From their point of view the Union were traitors for attacking them and their right to govern themselves. It was a civil war, meaning both sides were Americans. Not saying they should be “honored”, but remembered yes.
"Civil war" means two side fighting for control over the same government. The South had no interest in controlling the federal government, so it wasn't a civil war.

Nah, it just means the brilliant battlefield tactician was a terrible strategist for winning Independence for the South.

Not too surprising. Try this: Lee should have acted more like Washington and avoided major confrontations. Drag out the war, get some international recognition, and wait for the other side to get tired of losings sons.
What does that have to do with the Yankee theory that might makes right?
They kicked your asses for thinking might makes right...right?
You're the one who thinks might makes right, dumbass.
But you got your ass kicked for thinking might makes right dummy.
I don't believe might makes right, moron. You do.
You want to own slaves. You believe white makes right.......I meant might makes right.
Debating you is like teach calculus to an amoeba.
You arent debating me. I dont debate my inferiors. I teach them. Just like I taught you and Jitsu that the south fought the civil war so they could have slaves.

I debated you one time only.

It was like teaching a retarded patio chair how to use the rest room.

I believe destroying Civil War relics, statues etc. is so very wrong. We have to learn about our history, honor those that fought and learn from mistakes made so many years ago. We have to learn about the issues, and make a point of never making the same mistakes in the future.

Think about the Holocaust. We have to learn and avoid the terror that once existed.

Why should we honor those who fought and lost a war on the Unit d States? And their cause was one of the vilest a war was ever fought, slavery.
Who's asking you to erect any monuments to the Confederacy?

History & art, leave them alone, add a piece of brass explaining who what why they are there. against book burning also.

You arent debating me. I dont debate my inferiors. I teach them. Just like I taught you and Jitsu that the south fought the civil war so they could have slaves.

I debated you one time only.

It was like teaching a retarded patio chair how to use the rest room.

"I dont debate my inferiors. I teach them."
iu

No, we RECOGNIZE history by putting it in the public view, not locked away in museums and libraries where most people do not go. Don't like it? Don't look at it, but don't force your will on others and take it away for those that want to view and discuss it.

They are finally getting to try to destroy / erase all of this nations' history / culture, any reminder of who we are, where we came from, and how far we have come.

My point exactly. As long as its written somewhere you can fondly reminiscence on what coulda been.
Except that you Stalinist creeps are only a few steps removed from book burning.
Banning movies ( Gone With the Wind) and books (Tom Sawyer) etc already happening.

Robot Check
View attachment 351127
View attachment 351130

Not sure. The point is that it is not banned. Amazon Prime says I can have a copy at my door on Thursday. Might not be in the school library, and I'm good with that.

Robot Check
View attachment 351127
View attachment 351130
Maybe because they want to know what Hilter actually said rather than accept the claims of douchebags like you.
Why would you want to know what someone said that killed 6 million people because of their religion? Do you think he has something good to say?

I think both of those were calculations in Booby Lee's first invasion and Antetiem. But Lee knew slavery was wrong, and he knew that the South could never win militarily by destroying the North's forces as his eventually were. He tried for a hail mary, with either Northern voters deciding to give up, or for foreign intervention. JMO he was a sociopath.

Grant curiously seemed to be able to ignore suffering, although he showed empathy to many including blacks before during and after the war. Lincoln wore his pain. Grant may have stoically decided any number of dead was acceptable in light of winning.

No, we RECOGNIZE history by putting it in the public view, not locked away in museums and libraries where most people do not go. Don't like it? Don't look at it, but don't force your will on others and take it away for those that want to view and discuss it.
If you want to view and discuss it. Got to a museum or read a book for once in your life. I'm not paying to keep your traitor and loser memorials up for your pleasure

Robot Check
View attachment 351127
View attachment 351130

Not sure. The point is that it is not banned. Amazon Prime says I can have a copy at my door on Thursday. Might not be in the school library, and I'm good with that.
It was banned and then Amazon backed down after the furor erupted.

Robot Check
View attachment 351127
View attachment 351130

So you got caught in another lie huh? You need to get better if youre going to keep this up.

Robot Check
View attachment 351127
View attachment 351130
Why would you want to know what someone said that killed 6 million people because of their religion? Do you think he has something good to say?
We're done, idiot.

Robot Check
View attachment 351127
View attachment 351130

So you got caught in another lie huh? You need to get better if youre going to keep this up.
Suck on it, dumbfuck:

Amazon Bans, Then Reinstates, Hitler’s ‘Mein Kampf’

Robot Check
View attachment 351127
View attachment 351130
We're done, idiot.
No we are not done. I still have more to teach you.

Robot Check
View attachment 351127
View attachment 351130

Suck on it, dumbfuck:

blindboo: "Banned? Hardly. They're still for sale. But so is Mein Kampt."

Your dumb ass arguing

bripat: "Amazon banned Mein Kampf, moron."

After getting caught in your lie.

bripat: "It was banned and then Amazon backed down after the furor erupted."

Robot Check
View attachment 351127
View attachment 351130

Suck on it, dumbfuck:

As if Amazon is the only bookseller (sure they want to be.... but)

1592338412097.png

Lol you need to get a history lesson
Lol you need to get a history lesson
Really? Well why don't you point out EXACTLY what is wrong in what I wrote and be specific...very specific, boi!
Most ppl in the south never seen a black before, and were fighting ppl because they showed up on there land, the war had nothing to do with slavery, it was states rights. More economic power to control the goods.
You fucking retard. They fought because they wanted slavery to stay as it was. Your alternate facts are bullshit.
Wrong, moron.
You fucking idiot. Its even in their articles of seccesion.

" Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin. "
That was one reason out of several, dumbass. Furthermore, that isn't why Lincoln launched the war against the South. Lincoln didn't give a damn about the slaves.
It was the first, second, and third reason listed you fucking idiot. :lol:
That was one state. Other states listed numerous reasons.
Show me one confederate state that didnt list slavery. Also I am sure you are familiar with the Cornerstone address right? They were speaking for all confederate states. Sorry dude. You just dont know what the fuck youre talking about. :)

Stephens' speech declared that disagreements over the enslavement of African Americans were the "immediate cause" of secession and that the Confederate constitution had resolved such issues, saying:

The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution—African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson, in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old Constitution were, that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with; but the general opinion of the men of that day was, that, somehow or other, in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. [...] Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the idea of a Government built upon it—when the "storm came and the wind blew, it fell."
You're treating a petulant child as an adult. LOL

I'd agree that slavery really was "the issue." All issues had, at the heart, slavery.

But I don't see Warren opposing statues to dead confederates on civil war parks. I'd be against that, if she were.
I saw an outstanding quote somewhere the other day that went something like this.

"We cant begin to dismantle white supremacy if we are still celebrating the symbols that applaud the belief in white supremacy."

So let those civil war parks exist on private land and remove the tax payers burden to support the up keep and maintenance of confederate statues.
Well, why? The South lost. I gotta tell ya that I've been to Vicksburg countless times, Bulls Run, Antietam and Gettysburg ….. and the issue is sacrifice and bravery.

I think it's too bad that southern states have successfully removed most sites connected with slavery. At the Univ of Va there were slave sites. I read that at Monticello they've ucovered Sally Hemmings living spaces. We need more history, not less. But we need to be honest about our history. And yes the WH was built partly with slave labor
" The South lost. "

Exactly. Their ideology should also lose. To honor those that fought for that ideology is to keep that ideology alive. You cant seperate the two because of the way the human mind works. We dont need memorials to remember history. Put it in a history book. Teach it to the children so they never forget but to honor that ideology or the people that fought for it is a constant slap in the face for Black americans. White people love to tell Black people to "let it go" in regards to slavery. In return we say show us by letting go of the ideology that the very same traitors and enslavers that created and fought to maintain slavery should be honored in any way.
That's horseshit. What about the Romans. They practiced slavery. Are they all vermin because of that?

How about the English? The established slavery in this country. They also has slavery in their sugar plantations in the carribean for centuries. Are they all scum forever?

You're obviously just trying to keep the hatred alive for the sake of electoral success. There's nothing noble nor admirable about your motives.
I could give a fuck about the Romans or the English. The point is that there are no memorials to them and if there are they need to come down.
Sorry don't forget any American history, Lafayette, and the American revolution history says we were likely to have lost with out him, that's why history good or bad should never be erased.

Forum List

Back