Democrats caused recession in 2007

Really?

What if the price of beef spikes due to an outbreak of Hoof&Mouth?

What if labor markets tighten and burger flippers and fryer tenders become relatively scarce?

Wasn't there an example recently of a precipitous rise in the price of tomatoes?

This MBA of yours, did it involve any distribution requirements?
Wow...you really are an idiot....

So,,we have foot and mouth under your Obama? A tomato famine? 50% black youth unemployment? Oh, well that one we so have under your Obama...:lol:

This is the type of "thought" that you insist is valued by the market at 400-1000/hr?

You've got Corvet in your sights.......
No child...entertaining myself with you on-line educated liberals is for entertainment only.....:lol:

So, since you're fucking grasping at straws, what do you think inflated the price of your Obama Big Mac?

To which "price" are you referring? If you rely on McDonald's for that bit of information, the price of a Big Mac has risen roughly in line with inflation at 1.6%......

Did you figure out how to use a TVM calculator?

Again, what does "TVM" have to do with it? Big Mac components are bought and sold in relatively narrow time. What does the Time Value of Money have to do with a build and sell transaction? Does this even make sense to you? TVM is used when you are for example making an investment now that will pay off years down the line. It has nothing to do with buying beef and lettuce and tomatoes and selling them now
You're not in the habit of calculating compound growth rates, are you?

Did you get through your MBA relying on chisanbop?

What's ridiculous is that you could possibly get that interpretation from anything I've said.

Here is what I am saying:
  • The number of jobs has been going up
  • The number of people employed has been boing up.
  • The percent of the population employed has been going up.
  • The Labor force has been going up.
  • The percent of the population in the labor force has been going down since 1999.
  • Some of that decline, during the recession, was due to economic factors.
  • Most of it, especially in the last few years, has been due to demographic changes such as an aging population, more students, and more disabled. (mostly age)
  • Discouragement (those "giving up") has been going steadily down in level and percentage.
Do you claim anything I have said is incorrect?

Are you saying I don't know real people? And employment in my area is around 3.6% I know one person involuntarily out of work, and she's retirement age and might choose not to return to work.

"The country's labor force participation rate – which measures the share of Americans at least 16 years old who are either employed or actively looking for work – dipped last month to a 38-year low, clocking in at an underwhelming 62.6 percent"

Where Are All the Workers?

Article was from July, 2015
And? Why is that bad, and what were the causes. You're not countering anything I've said

Long term lackluster economy has inflated underemployment and made a lot of workers give up and quit looking
How are you defining and measuring "underemployment," and how are you defining "a lot" when the number of discouraged (people who "gave up" has been steadily going down?

Underemployment is a simple concept that is basic to economics and easily Googled. There is no reason I need to explain it to you. That said, I'll give you a short explanation. From there, Google will educate you.

It's when workers who are earning less than they reasonably should because of reasons such as:

1) They want full time or more hours than they can get. For example, workers who are limited to under 30 hours by employers so they don't have to pay for Obamacare

2) They have education/skills/training they are not utilizing because of limited job opportunities. For example, a lawyer who is working at a bank as a cashier because they can't find a job as a lawyer.

I don't understand the aversion you people have to looking things up yourself
For the love of Baal, please stop!

Do you know where to locate the data for "Employed Part Time, for Economic Reasons"?

If so, please post the numbers for March 2010 and June, 2016...

Just the numbers.....we'll apply the Ordinal Property thingy...

And you are running.......

You could just google for it.......

At times you actually make good arguments about the recession. Unfortunately you have a visceral need to just disagree with anyone says who isn't a mind swilling Democrat. It's sad, really. You're not a brainiac or anything, but you do show occasional potential. Then you start with, no it isn't. Yes it is. No it wasn't. No, concrete isn't hard. No, water isn't wet.

At one point on the discussion of the 2007 recession you made me start to work. Then you started the just contradict anything I said crap. I say this in the faint and broadly contradicted hope there is some actual intelligence in there

I really don't think you are in a position to judge.......to paraphrase you, you should request a refund of whatever you paid the finishing academy which led you to believe that you earned an MBA....

The discussion onto which you have glommed offers a perfect example....

If the price of a Big Mac is not relevant to inflation AS MEASURED BY THE PRICE OF A BIG MAC, then what the fuck is?

What makes you think the cost of goods sold and accrued business expenses (such as labor costs and equipment upgrades) that is involved in providing you with that Big Mac remains at such a constant variable that government specifically uses it to accurately determine inflation? Perhaps you are getting confused with their little monopoly prize promotions?

I cannot make sense of this gibberish, but I will, in the spirit of Christian charity, inform you that labor is part of Cost of Goods sold......

Only direct labor. There is a lot more labor at McDonald's than direct labor
There's SG&A......but, in the real world, that is not categorized as "labor"....

Wow...you really are an idiot....

So,,we have foot and mouth under your Obama? A tomato famine? 50% black youth unemployment? Oh, well that one we so have under your Obama...:lol:

This is the type of "thought" that you insist is valued by the market at 400-1000/hr?

No child...entertaining myself with you on-line educated liberals is for entertainment only.....:lol:

So, since you're fucking grasping at straws, what do you think inflated the price of your Obama Big Mac?

To which "price" are you referring? If you rely on McDonald's for that bit of information, the price of a Big Mac has risen roughly in line with inflation at 1.6%......

Again, what does "TVM" have to do with it? Big Mac components are bought and sold in relatively narrow time. What does the Time Value of Money have to do with a build and sell transaction? Does this even make sense to you? TVM is used when you are for example making an investment now that will pay off years down the line. It has nothing to do with buying beef and lettuce and tomatoes and selling them now

Begging the question.

Explain what buying ingredients, putting them together and selling them has to do with "compound growth rates?" Compounding what? Growth over what period?

You keep talking again about measuring long term investments. OK, but I'll play your game. When you said "TVM calculator," in Big Macs:

- What is the initial investment you are referring to?

- What discount rate are you going to use, and why?

- What is the investment term?

BTW, I don't use a "TVM calculator," I just program it into spreadsheets. The math is simple. What you don't know is what you are talking about. You're not even using the right terms for the discussion

"The country's labor force participation rate – which measures the share of Americans at least 16 years old who are either employed or actively looking for work – dipped last month to a 38-year low, clocking in at an underwhelming 62.6 percent"

Where Are All the Workers?

Article was from July, 2015
And? Why is that bad, and what were the causes. You're not countering anything I've said

Long term lackluster economy has inflated underemployment and made a lot of workers give up and quit looking
How are you defining and measuring "underemployment," and how are you defining "a lot" when the number of discouraged (people who "gave up" has been steadily going down?

Underemployment is a simple concept that is basic to economics and easily Googled. There is no reason I need to explain it to you. That said, I'll give you a short explanation. From there, Google will educate you.

It's when workers who are earning less than they reasonably should because of reasons such as:

1) They want full time or more hours than they can get. For example, workers who are limited to under 30 hours by employers so they don't have to pay for Obamacare

2) They have education/skills/training they are not utilizing because of limited job opportunities. For example, a lawyer who is working at a bank as a cashier because they can't find a job as a lawyer.

Do you know where to locate the data for "Employed Part Time, for Economic Reasons"?

I'm not arguing the definition of economic terms with you. Have your "yes it is/no it isn't" argument with Google

Offer to split your sterno with Kaz........it would be much more cost effective to have him explain what you claim to be your "favorite" chart....

But I do find it somewhat disquieting to see an alleged MBA allowing you to persist in the delusion that the "Big Mac Index" is intended to measure domestic inflation.....

Strawman. No one said it "measure(s)" inflation. It's just an indication it exists

Except that

a) it wasn't created for that purpose
b) it doesn't indicate that it exists - at least as measured by the actual price of a Big Mac.....between 2009 and now, the price of a Big Mac has increased at an annual rate of 1.6%, pretty close to the CPI.....

Thank you! A point on the discussion. There is no reason the price of a Big Mac should rise at all other than government stealing from the people. Inflation is pure government theft. They devalue the money to steal from you

Really?

What if labor markets tighten and burger flippers and fryer tenders become relatively scarce?

Wasn't there an example recently of a precipitous rise in the price of tomatoes?

That could explain the big mac if the price of the big mac went up but the CPI didn't.

You know, that chart seems to have a tongue in cheek factor too
So there ARE reasons why the price of a Big Mac might go up having NOTHING to do with government... The same applies to any "good"

At times you actually make good arguments about the recession. Unfortunately you have a visceral need to just disagree with anyone says who isn't a mind swilling Democrat. It's sad, really. You're not a brainiac or anything, but you do show occasional potential. Then you start with, no it isn't. Yes it is. No it wasn't. No, concrete isn't hard. No, water isn't wet.

At one point on the discussion of the 2007 recession you made me start to work. Then you started the just contradict anything I said crap. I say this in the faint and broadly contradicted hope there is some actual intelligence in there

I really don't think you are in a position to judge.......to paraphrase you, you should request a refund of whatever you paid the finishing academy which led you to believe that you earned an MBA....

If the price of a Big Mac is not relevant to inflation AS MEASURED BY THE PRICE OF A BIG MAC, then what the fuck is?

What makes you think the cost of goods sold and accrued business expenses (such as labor costs and equipment upgrades) that is involved in providing you with that Big Mac remains at such a constant variable that government specifically uses it to accurately determine inflation? Perhaps you are getting confused with their little monopoly prize promotions?

I cannot make sense of this gibberish, but I will, in the spirit of Christian charity, inform you that labor is part of Cost of Goods sold......

There's SG&A......but, in the real world, that is not categorized as "labor"....

What is considered direct labor unlike underemployed is not universally clear. It really depends what you are trying to measure. In this case, for example:

Burger flippers and cashiers? Clearly yes, COGS

McDonald's IT function? SG&A

What about drivers who deliver supplies? What about restaurant managers?: It completely depends on who is measuring what. There are endless ways to measure profitability and what you consider direct labor can change every time

Strawman. No one said it "measure(s)" inflation. It's just an indication it exists

Except that

b) it doesn't indicate that it exists - at least as measured by the actual price of a Big Mac.....between 2009 and now, the price of a Big Mac has increased at an annual rate of 1.6%, pretty close to the CPI.....

Thank you! A point on the discussion. There is no reason the price of a Big Mac should rise at all other than government stealing from the people. Inflation is pure government theft. They devalue the money to steal from you

Really?

That could explain the big mac if the price of the big mac went up but the CPI didn't.

So there ARE reasons why the price of a Big Mac might go up having NOTHING to do with government... The same applies to any "good"

Congratulations, you have a firm grasp of the obvious and you have validated a point not in contention

Begging the question.

Explain what buying ingredients, putting them together and selling them has to do with "compound growth rates?" Compounding what? Growth over what period?

You keep talking again about measuring long term investments. OK, but I'll play your game. When you said "TVM calculator," in Big Macs:

BTW, I don't use a "TVM calculator," I just program it into spreadsheets. The math is simple. What you don't know is what you are talking about. You're not even using the right terms for the discussion

I have no idea what you do for a living, but I'm quite sure what you don't....

Now pay attention and you won't wake up tomorrow nearly as fucking stupid as you are today....

Example....

The price of a Big Mac in 2009 is $3.57

The price of a Big Mac in 2016 is $3.99

Assuming that the increase is due entirely to inflation, derive the CPI deflator for the period...

TVM calculator

Set PV to 3.57
Set FV to 3.99
Set N to 7

Solve for I......

This is literally the first part of any finance curriculum.... At least at accredited institutions....

You are so out of your depth it's comical.

Last edited:

I'm not arguing the definition of economic terms with you. Have your "yes it is/no it isn't" argument with Google

You could have just stipulated to having no idea...

I'm using the categories as defined by BLS.......seriously, you're a 47 ply fraud....

Except that

Really?

Congratulations, you have a firm grasp of the obvious and you have validated a point not in contention
Take that up with the flaming cornhole who posted THIS

There is no reason the price of a Big Mac should rise at all other than government stealing from the people. Inflation is pure government theft.

Wait......that was YOU........

This is awkward....

What is considered direct labor unlike underemployed is not universally clear. It really depends what you are trying to measure. In this case, for example:

What about drivers who deliver supplies? What about restaurant managers?: It completely depends on who is measuring what. There are endless ways to measure profitability and what you consider direct labor can change every time
Please stop......you have no idea what you are going on about...

Begging the question.

Now pay attention and you won't wake up tomorrow nearly as fucking stupid as you are today....

Example....

Assuming that the increase is due entirely to inflation, derive the CPI deflator for the period...

TVM calculator

Set PV to 3.57
Set FV to 3.99
Set N to 7

Solve for I......

This is literally the first part of any finance curriculum.... At least at accredited institutions....

I'm an expert in management, I'm a career manager and management consultant. I also bought five businesses and spun them back off after fixing their management and processes with my own money. I sold the last one June 1. I've been on vacation the last couple months.

And you don't know what you are talking about, that's not what the time value of money means.

The time value of money is how you measure an investment you are making say today that isn't going to pay off for years from now. You get paid back in lower value dollars, that's what a TVM calculator calculates. A TVM calculator has nothing to do with buying ingredients then selling them as you make and sell burgers.

BTW, when you talk about TVM, you're actually after an NPV or IRR calculation, that's a step in the process.

I'm curious what you think you're getting out of throwing terms you clearly don't understand out to people who do and making yourself a joke. What is the end game for that?

I'm using the categories as defined by BLS.......seriously, you're a 47 ply fraud....

Actually I already explained what underemployed means. I just said from there I'm not engaging in your yes it is/no it isn't argument style for the definition of basic economic terms.

No long term memory though, huh? Too many drugs, Slim?

Really?

Take that up with the flaming cornhole who posted THIS

There is no reason the price of a Big Mac should rise at all other than government stealing from the people. Inflation is pure government theft.

Wait......that was YOU........

This is awkward....

Actually that is a cut out of context. I stated that assumes that a Big Mac is a Big Mac. You brought in other factors and I said sure, those could change the price.

But as for the chart, the CPI went up, that was because of government policy.

You like mixing up discussions. Either that or you just don't understand them. You tell me

Yes I do

Begging the question.

Example....

TVM calculator

Set PV to 3.57
Set FV to 3.99
Set N to 7

Solve for I......

I'm an expert in management, I'm a career manager and management consultant. I also bought five businesses and spun them back off after fixing their management and processes with my own money. I sold the last one June 1. I've been on vacation the last couple months.

And you don't know what you are talking about, that's not what the time value of money means.

The time value of money is how you measure an investment you are making say today that isn't going to pay off for years from now. You get paid back in lower value dollars, that's what a TVM calculator calculates. A TVM calculator has nothing to do with buying ingredients then selling them as you make and sell burgers.

BTW, when you talk about TVM, you're actually after an NPV or IRR calculation, that's a step in the process.

I'm curious what you think you're getting out of throwing terms you clearly don't understand out to people who do and making yourself a joke. What is the end game for that?

Uh.....why are you persisting in your self debasement?

Think of inflation as a CAGR......which, of course, it is...it is NOT an NPV calculation (which is expressed as an amount) nor is it an IRR problem....

What you are yammering about is "real return" which requires netting your nominal return for inflation.....

Financial calculators are very useful things if you have some idea what you are doing..

I can appreciate why you are a management consultant....a friend of mine who performed the same function would explain that the essential quality required was knowing how to make the right face.

Yes I do
Then you might consider demonstrating it.....this Dimwit act of yours is growing tiresome...

image.jpeg

Begging the question.

Example....

TVM calculator

Set PV to 3.57
Set FV to 3.99
Set N to 7

Solve for I......

Actually, Big Macs in 2015 were 5.11 dollars...have your mommy help you read the graph....

Actually I already explained what underemployed means. I just said from there I'm not engaging in your yes it is/no it isn't argument style for the definition of basic economic terms.

No long term memory though, huh? Too many drugs, Slim?

I don't give a flying fuck about how YOU define things.....I've seen enough to measure the value of it...

This was your comment..

BLS has a category which measures this......if you want to discuss the state of labor markets, you'd be well served by going to their site and learning about the methods and definitions they employ......bluffing your way through it might impress a leaking douchebag like O, but when you run that game on me, it only brings the pain.

Forum List

Back