Democrats have moved farther and farther to the right

This is clearly a republican issue. who hates unions and loves low wage workers?
The party that covets illegal aliens coming in to take American jobs.

Ok which party has always hated unions and doesn't believe in a minimum wage
Strawman alert.

How? you are asking me to accept a HUGE coincidence.

The GoP is in the news everyday bashing unions and fighting against a minimum wage increase. Given these 2 positions of the GoP you expect me to believe their is no support among the GoP for low wage farm workers and construction workers? No, I will not drink your Kool aid
Raising the minimum wage over and over and over is fucking stupid.

It is not like Democrats have been pushing for $20 per hour for 30 years and Republicans have rejected them every year. Democrats have gone from demanding the minimum wage should be $7 to $8 to $10 to closer to $15 per hour in a matter of about a decade.

Most of the time min wage has been moved to a below market level so it doesn't affect things. When you raise it above the market level then it does.

Some democrats are growing tired of the Democratic party establishment shitting on them and shipping their jobs out of the country while telling them to eat cake.

Some democrats are growing tired of the Democratic party establishment shitting on them and shipping their jobs out of the country while telling them to eat cake.

I agree. You have actual progressive democrats like Bernie Sanders (who is to progressive to even be a democrat, that's why he always ran for the house and senate and mayor as an independent) Elizabeth Warren, and Tulsi gabbard. but these high profile names are on the fringe of the democratic blue dog center right establishment.

Another example: Marco Rubio proposed a moderate immigration reform policy. Obama (being the blue dog he is) supported it and as soon as Obama supported it Rubio ran away from it to the far right

I agree. You have actual progressive democrats like Bernie Sanders (who is to progressive to even be a democrat, that's why he always ran for the house and senate and mayor as an independent) Elizabeth Warren, and Tulsi gabbard. but these high profile names are on the fringe of the democratic blue dog center right establishment.

Another example: Marco Rubio proposed a moderate immigration reform policy. Obama (being the blue dog he is) supported it and as soon as Obama supported it Rubio ran away from it to the far right

Any immigration policy favorable to illegals is DOA and its their own damn fault. Illegals are killing over 3,000 American citizens each year, more than were killed on 9-11. The number of illegal on American citizen crimes is staggering. Illegals are a net loss to our economy. They are a burden on social services. They traffic drugs into our country stringing out our kids on that shit. Why the fuck would we give people like that citizenship? We wouldn't, THAT'S why we have standards you have to meet to immigrate legally and most of these illegals do not qualify.

Still spewing nonsense...............the left voters are flocking to Bernie...............the Free Shit campaign................if that is a move to the right then I have.....

Rubio...........gang of 8.........toasted him completely...............Pro Amnesty in the Republican Party will end you.

Any immigration policy favorable to illegals is DOA and its their own damn fault. Illegals are killing over 3,000 American citizens each year, more than were killed on 9-11. The number of illegal on American citizen crimes is staggering. Illegals are a net loss to our economy. They are a burden on social services. They traffic drugs into our country stringing out our kids on that shit. Why the fuck would we give people like that citizenship? We wouldn't, THAT'S why we have standards you have to meet to immigrate legally and most of these illegals do not qualify.

Hyperbole at it's finest.

I have looked at a lot of the immigration policies this election cycle. No candidate wants a completely open border. Even Bernie, who is softest on immigration, still wants a screening process with standards.

Love the partisan hack posts.

Kasich probably has the most realistic policy

Still spewing nonsense...............the left voters are flocking to Bernie...............the Free Shit campaign................if that is a move to the right then I have.....

Rubio...........gang of 8.........toasted him completely...............Pro Amnesty in the Republican Party will end you.

Bernie is only winning caucuses, he is losing his ass in popular vote. Bernie sanders will never win the nomination.

again with the partisan hack comments and hyperbole.

Bernie is fringe. Hillary will be the democratic nominee and probably the next president, which is a freakin tragedy of epic proportions

I have looked at a lot of the immigration policies this election cycle. No candidate wants a completely open border. Even Bernie, who is softest on immigration, still wants a screening process with standards.

How many American citizens need to suffer at the hands of illegals pick a number and a side.

I really don't know if jobs are being shipped overseas as much as people might think it is. I do agree that companies are seeking to expand into countries where wages are lower in order to save a buck but most companies are not doing that. The image being presented is that every company is fleeing to canada or mexico and that isn't the case. American companies have been moving out since the 80s yet we have also had periods of very high employment so I don't know if that has an overall affect on the economy. It definately does affect local economies who have a plant that employs almost everyone but I don't think it affects the overall economy. I don't agree with Donald Trump's anti-free trade position.

Bernie is only winning caucuses, he is losing his ass in popular vote. Bernie sanders will never win the nomination.

Bernie is fringe. Hillary will be the democratic nominee and probably the next president, which is a freakin tragedy of epic proportions

I agree that Bernie is a fringe movement........but he is gathering storm from the left..........which throws your going to the right OP out the window..............

Hillary is just another establishment candidate and YES is a Tragedy................

Especially with the courts...................

But too many are saying they will pick up their toys and go home from the establishment camps.......................while Moderate Dems are jumping ship and going Trump..................who will win that numbers game..............

Trump wins if they don't jump ship....................and yet they go it's my fault when they are saying they will vote Hillary instead of Trump........................

Kinda like a Temper Tantrum..................and then they have the nerve to say it is people like me who will elect Hillary when they are vowing to vote for her.........

I'll take my chances................................I'm not voting establishment..........PERIOD.

Bernie gets more donations from the average person than Hillary. I don't know if he is the fringe.

How many American citizens need to suffer at the hands of illegals pick a number and a side.

the purpose of this thread wasn't for me to pick a side EVEN THOUGH I just said Kasich probably has the best immigration plan

the purpose of this thread was to demonstrate how the democratic establishment has abandoned many liberal ideologies. the democratic establishment has move to the center right.

I listed numerous different policy positions with some citations but instead of us actually debating policy all I keep getting are hack comments with no substance

I really don't know if jobs are being shipped overseas as much as people might think it is. I do agree that companies are seeking to expand into countries where wages are lower in order to save a buck but most companies are not doing that. The image being presented is that every company is fleeing to canada or mexico and that isn't the case. American companies have been moving out since the 80s yet we have also had periods of very high employment so I don't know if that has an overall affect on the economy. It definately does affect local economies who have a plant that employs almost everyone but I don't think it affects the overall economy. I don't agree with Donald Trump's anti-free trade position.

Holy shit do you read the news? How many were just shipped to Mexico from Carrier in NY like 1,400. Nabisco out of Chicago is shipping a plant there. Audi built their new plant in Mexico to build cars for the U.S. market. These dumb ass politicians don't give a rats ass, they heap taxes and regulations onto U.S. businesses to the point that the only way to stay in business is to leave. If your country is not manufacturing goods your country is destined to fail.

Bernie gets more donations from the average person than Hillary. I don't know if he is the fringe.

sure he is raising money, but AGAIN, she is kicking his ass in popular vote. explain that? if he can win the nomination with fewer delegates and fewer popular votes that will be impressive

http://www.citizen.org/documents/nafta-ustr-data-debunk.pdf

 The $2.5 billion U.S. goods trade surplus with Mexico and $29.6 billion deficit with Canada in 1993 turned into a combined NAFTA goods trade deficit of $177.2 billion by 2013. That’s a 556 percent, or $150.2 billion increase in the combined NAFTA deficit. Not only did goods imports soar under NAFTA, but annual growth in U.S. manufacturing exports to NAFTA partners fell 62 percent below the pre-NAFTA rate.5  While the $17.3 billion U.S. services surplus with Canada and Mexico in 1993 increased to become a $44.9 billion surplus in 2013, the NAFTA goods deficit increase of $150.2 billion swamped the $27.6 billion services surplus gain. This is due in part to the fact that under NAFTA, annual growth of U.S. services exports to NAFTA partners fell more than 50 percent below the pre-NAFTA rate.6  As a result, the combined U.S. goods and services deficit with Mexico and Canada rose from $9.7 billion in 1993 to $132.3 billion in 2013, an increase of $122.5 billion or 1258 percent.

North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)

the purpose of this thread wasn't for me to pick a side EVEN THOUGH I just said Kasich probably has the best immigration plan

the purpose of this thread was to demonstrate how the democratic establishment has abandoned many liberal ideologies. the democratic establishment has move to the center right.

I listed numerous different policy positions with some citations but instead of us actually debating policy all I keep getting are hack comments with no substance

Substance, over 3,000 American citizens killed each year by illegals there's substance for you. Over $4 billion a year stolen by illegals via fraudulent tax returns there's some more substance. Illegals have taken over the meth trafficing in American, FACT as documented by National Geographic.

Holy shit do you read the news? How many were just shipped to Mexico from Carrier in NY like 1,400. Nabisco out of Chicago is shipping a plant there. Audi built their new plant in Mexico to build cars for the U.S. market. These dumb ass politicians don't give a rats ass, they heap taxes and regulations onto U.S. businesses to the point that the only way to stay in business is to leave. If your country is not manufacturing goods your country is destined to fail.

This isn't about taxes. Capitalism demands it. Lower wages, less regulation both environmentally and tax wise. less government. Mexico is a bastion of free market capitalism so naturally companies want to move there. everything is cheaper.

unfortunately, no one in America wants to live there because it is a dump. why is mexico a dump? because it has a weak, small government. you want to live in a first world society guess what, you need taxes, you need social services, you need infrastructure. etc etc.

Is every company in the United States doing that? 1400 jobs sounds like a lot but it is 1400 out of millions so we have to put this in some kind of proportion.

Substance, over 3,000 American citizens killed each year by illegals there's substance for you. Over $4 billion a year stolen by illegals via fraudulent tax returns there's some more substance. Illegals have taken over the meth trafficing in American, FACT as documented by National Geographic.

bold claim, please link the articles. I have seen the studies that 1st generation immigrants are less likely to commit crimes so I would like to see where you got your info

First-Generation Immigrants Less Likely to Commit Serious Crimes - News Center - The University of Texas at Dallas

This isn't about taxes. Capitalism demands it. Lower wages, less regulation both environmentally and tax wise. less government. Mexico is a bastion of free market capitalism so naturally companies want to move there. everything is cheaper.

unfortunately, no one in America wants to live there because it is a dump. why is mexico a dump? because it has a weak, small government. you want to live in a first world society guess what, you need taxes, you need social services, you need infrastructure. etc etc.

What is the point of earning enough money only to have it taxed away? It just seems kind of counterproductive to the overall goal of increasing the living standard in this country.

Forum List

Back