Democrats look to win governor's races in Trump country on Tuesday

It should be noted that 8 out of the last 10 governors in Ky have been Dems.

While it is significant that Trump could not help it is not that shocking
Trump helped him immensely actually. Bevin was the least popular governor in the country he would’ve lost in a landslide had he not gotten the trump vote. It happened to fall just a little short. But the new guy republican won attorney general which is also very important. In fact republicans won most of the rest of Kentucky’s races. Sec state, auditor, state senate and assemblies, etc.

Bashear isn’t going to have much support to do anything.

Do you ever get nauseated when you spin this much?

Trump helped him immensely actually. Bevin was the least popular governor in the country he would’ve lost in a landslide had he not gotten the trump vote. It happened to fall just a little short. But the new guy republican won attorney general which is also very important. In fact republicans won most of the rest of Kentucky’s races. Sec state, auditor, state senate and assemblies, etc.

How is it spin? Republicans have most of the control of the state except for what’s going to be an ineffective democrat governor. A republic is a beautiful thing.

How is it spin? Republicans have most of the control of the state except for what’s going to be an ineffective democrat governor. A republic is a beautiful thing.
Ever hear of a veto?

Im not surprised that bevin lost. Ky's local, state politics dont follow any type of logic. They'll vote for a R senator and a dem governor on the same day.

It so happens, I agree. Bevin appears to be what one might call a colossal dick. That he got within a whisker of reelection is shocking. Also, Democrats have, as could be seen in the other state-wide races in Ky, yet to make any significant inroads with the White working class, which should be their easily winnable constituency. That would be what I find really shocking - given that Trump's lies about the revival of coal have been exposed for what they are.

Yep, having Bevin booted is nice to have. The Democrats' real work has yet to begin in earnest.

People control how the state is run
Obviously not. Chicago controls how Illinois is run,NoVa controls how entire state of Virginia is run,Seattle/Tacoma controls how entire state of Washington is run,Portland controls how Oregon is run...etc etc etc.
Because that's where most of the people are. People vote, land does not.
Do you have video of land going to vote I’d like to see it LOL

ProTip: Stop being a retard. Your guy lost no matter how red the state of Kentucky looks on a map more people voted for the other guy.
The map is red

Which means nothing unless you're counting space instead of people. Which in an election we are not. Is this the sort of shit that spins around in your head to make you feel safe?

View attachment 288240 State is 95%’red but because of democrats Control of the schools in the city absolutely no diversity of thought.. probably massive amounts of cheating.
How do you figure 95 percent Red?
More like 55 percent
Because the pic I posted was bright red lol

And this is you in a nutshell. Things like math or counting are out of your scope of ability, but you can look at a picture and see the pretty colors.
I can count but why are too dense areas winning elections for an entire state that voted against that dance area, no diversity in democrat run towns because the don’t allow free speech! We should tell areas that don’t allow free speech they’re not allowed to vote

Sec State in Kentucky has called it for Beshear

Big win for Dems in a Solid Red State

But the men voted opposite and that is where martial law will come
Your act is getting tiresome

It’s not an act

Look at how the majority of men’s votes

That tells you martial law is coming to stop the unwise from electing crooks
You are talking about law enforcement and military personnel following illegal orders and facing criminal prosecution for doing so. An order for martial law would place everyone from the leaders to rank and file law enforcement officers and enlisted personnel at great risk of imprisonment. Law enforcement would be in great physical danger as well.
More importantly, Americans have a level of faith and support for following peaceful and constitutional methods of dealing with political difficulties and problems. Your obsession with revolution, civil war, and old Soviet-style or Banana republic solutions for installing methods of change such as martial law is grossly immature and based on an ignorant level of knowledge about America and Americans.

View attachment 288240 State is 95%’red but because of democrats Control of the schools in the city absolutely no diversity of thought.. probably massive amounts of cheating.
More like 55 percent

And this is you in a nutshell. Things like math or counting are out of your scope of ability, but you can look at a picture and see the pretty colors.
I can count but why are too dense areas winning elections for an entire state that voted against that dance area, no diversity in democrat run towns because the don’t allow free speech! We should tell areas that don’t allow free speech they’re not allowed to vote

Where you are confused is that you think empty land gets to vote, but that is not the case

Obviously not. Chicago controls how Illinois is run,NoVa controls how entire state of Virginia is run,Seattle/Tacoma controls how entire state of Washington is run,Portland controls how Oregon is run...etc etc etc.

ProTip: Stop being a retard. Your guy lost no matter how red the state of Kentucky looks on a map more people voted for the other guy.
The map is red

Which means nothing unless you're counting space instead of people. Which in an election we are not. Is this the sort of shit that spins around in your head to make you feel safe?
Ignore him while he trolls

People control how the state is run

When he loses...he trolls
Better get used to it

Looks like he loses a lot.

Sec State in Kentucky has called it for Beshear

Big win for Dems in a Solid Red State

But the men voted opposite and that is where martial law will come
Your act is getting tiresome

It’s not an act

Look at how the majority of men’s votes

That tells you martial law is coming to stop the unwise from electing crooks
One trick pony

That's headed for the glue factory.

I agree, the only significant thing about this election is this guy is a Trump protege and that Trump held a rally for him. Bevin ran talking about the Trump impeachment.

More like 55 percent

Where you are confused is that you think empty land gets to vote, but that is not the case
Weird that some people do not understand the concept of voting that has been in effect since America's founding.

More like 55 percent

You have video of land voting!? OMG DO YOU HAVE IT!? Lol like wtf haha

More like 55 percent

Weird that some people do not understand the concept of voting that has been in effect since America's founding.
Omg do you have video of land voting lol

this is soooooo scary lol

More like 55 percent

You are the moron that thinks it is square miles that matters and not the number of votes.

You are the moron that thinks it is square miles that matters and not the number of votes.
I didn’t say that I’m
Saying that the state is mostly red except for the two towns that have high illegal population that are influencing in participating in our elections..

These towns should not be allowed to have their votes counted until they assimilate

the same with towns you can find Russian influence lol hahahahah

Not quite so fast-

To cap off one of the wildest finishes to a gubernatorial election in Kentucky history, Democratic candidate Andy Beshear declared victory to supporters Tuesday night, moments after Republican incumbent Matt Bevin told supporters that he will not concede the race.

"This is a close, close race," said Bevin, who trailed Beshear by 5,189 votes with 100% of precincts reporting across the state. "We are not conceding this race by any stretch."

Later that night, Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes told CNN her office had called the race for Beshear, as they do not believe the difference in the vote can be made up by Bevin.

As if matters couldn't get more complicated, Republican Senate President Robert Stivers then told reporters that a joint session of the Kentucky General Assembly may eventually decide the winner, citing a provision in the state constitution that hasn't been used in 120 years.

So... what now?

Will there be a recanvass, recount of Kentucky governor's race votes?
Bevin said he "wanted the process to be followed" under law before he made a concession, referring to unspecified "irregularities" that were "corroborated."
A Bevin-Beshear recount? These are the possible next steps under Kentucky election law

Not they way you perceive it! Gridlock and partisan animosity is the enemy of the people..not their friend. Compromise and a desire to put aside ideological differences is how our system works best..when it works. It says a lot that people like you perceive that consequences of an opponent's victory--should be gridlock!

Forum List

Back