Details of newly-passed Senate bill: Does it let illegals stay in the U.S.?

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
Anybody know the details of the "immigration" bill that just passed the Senate?

Does it have provisions that let people who have broken our laws and crashed the border (or overstayed their visas) stay in the country, while keeping out the people who have obeyed our laws, applied for legal visas, and are waiting patiently in their home countries for permission to enter?

If so, then it doesn't much matter what else is in the bill. It's toast.

I just can't see creating a new group of permanent residents, whose only qualification is that they broke U.S. law.

Sounds like the LAST group we'd want to accept as permanent residents, not the first.

Last edited:
So, does this bill let illegal aliens who broke our laws, stay?

While keeping out the people who applied legally and are waiting patiently to get in?

There is no law that will ‘let’ undocumented immigrants ‘stay,’ or compel them to ‘leave.’

Indeed, there are already laws requiring the deportation of those found guilty in a court of law of being in violation of immigration statutes.

The 11 million or so undocumented immigrants aren’t going anywhere, they’re here to stay. Consequently there are only two questions to be addressed: will a reform bill be enacted to allow undocumented immigrants to realize legal status and perhaps citizenship, or will no reform be enacted allowing the 11 million or so to remain, indefinitely undocumented and living in the shadows?

Your choice.

There is no law that will ‘let’ undocumented immigrants ‘stay,’ or compel them to ‘leave.’

Indeed, there are already laws requiring the deportation of those found guilty in a court of law of being in violation of immigration statutes.

The 11 million or so undocumented immigrants aren’t going anywhere, they’re here to stay. Consequently there are only two questions to be addressed: will a reform bill be enacted to allow undocumented immigrants to realize legal status and perhaps citizenship, or will no reform be enacted allowing the 11 million or so to remain, indefinitely undocumented and living in the shadows?

Your choice.

They are only here to stay because our so-called leaders don't have the balls or backbone to deport them all.

And when I say all, I mean all.. Including those that were brought here as children.

If they are not an American Citizen, deport their asses.

I bet it lets those with degrees stay. The Republican leadership has been ordered by their corporate masters to let in immigrants with degrees. They know the GOP base doesn't have the qualifications for most really good jobs. It's the whole "anti science/anti education" thing.

U.S. Business Needs Immigrants With Advanced Degrees

I bet it lets those with degrees stay. The Republican leadership has been ordered by their corporate masters to let in immigrants with degrees. They know the GOP base doesn't have the qualifications for most really good jobs. It's the whole "anti science/anti education" thing.

It's letting them all stay and and get on welfare if they want to.

There is funding for cars and scooters in the bill also.

THat bill needs to die.

THat bill needs to die.
I think they automatically get Obama phones. You can't catch all the murderers, but you have to keep trying - it should be the same with illegals. What the hell does illegal mean anyway. A country must enforce it's laws!

So, does this bill let illegal aliens who broke our laws, stay?

While keeping out the people who applied legally and are waiting patiently to get in?

Read that damn bill for yourself and stop begging. For fucks sake you right wingers are lazy as hell :cuckoo:

Anybody know the details of the "immigration" bill that just passed the Senate?

Does it have provisions that let people who have broken our laws and crashed the border (or overstayed their visas) stay in the country, while keeping out the people who have obeyed our laws, applied for legal visas, and are waiting patiently in their home countries for permission to enter?

If so, then it doesn't much matter what else is in the bill. It's toast.

I just can't see creating a new group of permanent residents, whose only qualification is that they broke U.S. law.

Sounds like the LAST group we'd want to accept as permanent residents, not the first.

Any immigration bill will let illegals stay in the country. That I believe is a given.

The problem is stopping any more from entering illegally and liberals and RINO don't seems to understand that.

It encourages them to stay...and it allows the fining of employers up to $5000 for hiring a true American citizen rather than a "now legal" alien.

The bill is another vote machine for the goddamned liberals in office.

THat bill needs to die.

Illegals can't get welfare. What is it with right wingers and welfare?

Forum List

Back