Detroit-area community OKs animal sacrifice for Muslim religious reasons

I have seen the bird, perfectly content to walk the chicken yard until snatched up, head cut off, plucked, cleaned and served piping hot to family and friends. Pretty much the same, to me. I do not get emotionally involved. This just isn't my issue.

If you're implying that chickens want to die, that's one of the most asinine posts on this thread… congrats.

Hey you wanted the First Amendment. You got the First Amendment.

Rubbish. It didn't concern any other religion but Christianity. Other were tolerated simply because they were too small to bother with at the time, so need to mention them. They left open the option to deport anybody they didn't like, and they did. So did individual states.

If you're implying that chickens want to die, that's one of the most asinine posts on this thread… congrats.
They are implying that there is no difference between slaughtering a chicken and slaughtering a sheep. Both can easily be done in a city condo.

They are implying that there is no difference between slaughtering a chicken and slaughtering a sheep. Both can easily be done in a city condo.

Yeah, I know, but the specific post I was replying to was talking about how chickens were "content" to walk to the chicken yard in order to have their heads cut off… implying that they wanted to die. Maybe that's not what he meant, but that's what I was replying to.

Yeah, I know, but the specific post I was replying to was talking about how chickens were "content" to walk to the chicken yard in order to have their heads cut off… implying that they wanted to die. Maybe that's not what he meant, but that's what I was replying to.
The chickens had no idea that they were going to die at all.

Pretty sure they didn't wake up that morning wanting to die. No matter though, by early to mid-morning, they were sacrificed for the common good and became delicious by dinner time.

Pretty sure they didn't wake up that morning wanting to die. No matter though, by early to mid-morning, they were sacrificed for the common good and became delicious by dinner time.

No, it's not for the common good. Unless one is literally starving with no other options, it's not out of necessity, people do it out of: a) habit b) tradition c) they just want to.

I mean, let's get real. :dunno:

No, it's not for the common good. Unless one is literally starving with no other options, it's not out of necessity, people do it out of: a) habit b) tradition c) they just want to.

I mean, let's get real. :dunno:
You don't eat chicken, or just do not know where it comes from?

You don't eat chicken, or just do not know where it comes from?

Of course I know where it comes from. That's why I don't eat animals.

Btw, I understand that you and some others here grew up butchering animals so you see nothing wrong with it. But this video below is for those who wouldn't be able to do it themselves... yet still eat them.

Even if Islam was a religion (it isn't), there still would not be a valid excuse to put Islamic law above US and state law. To do so, is in violation of the US Constitution (Article 6, Clause 2 - ) And the 1st amendment is a rather weak part of the Constitution, with numerous exceptions.

In contrast, the Supremacy clause is the strongest part of the Constitution, having NEVER had a single exception to it in 230 years.

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."
good point----"FEAST FOOD" is regulated in the USA. Persons who kill animals
for FEASTS are supposed to be certified to do so and the manner of killing
is also regulated as is the handling of the meat.

Often carcasses are dumped in dumpsters. This whole "food" rationale is a taqiyya ruse, like so many other things that Muslims say.
I have seen the bird, perfectly content to walk the chicken yard until snatched up, head cut off, plucked, cleaned and served piping hot to family and friends. Pretty much the same, to me. I do not get emotionally involved. This just isn't my issue.
Doesn't sound like any kind of religious or cultural thing, or a sacrifice.

So, if they wear particular clothing, cut it with a particular knife, and say a prayer before, cutting its throat, butchering, cooking, eating it with family and friends, it's different, than if you are wearing a simple apron, chopping off its head is a simple hatchet, pluck, clean out and cut up, cook and say a prayer before sitting down to eat with family and friends. Got it.
And this difference, bothers people, why, again?

So, if they wear particular clothing, cut it with a particular knife, and say a prayer before, cutting its throat, butchering, cooking, eating it with family and friends, it's different, than if you are wearing a simple apron, chopping off its head is a simple hatchet, pluck, clean out and cut up, cook and say a prayer before sitting down to eat with family and friends. Got it.
And this difference, bothers people, why, again?
It's almost like you have no idea that both Jews and Muslims have religious slaughterhouses. These slaughterhouses comply with all laws. None are in private homes.

Have you ever gone to a kosher or halal restaurant? Where do you think they get their meat from? No it is not from a simple man with a simple hatchet in the back room.

It's almost like you have no idea that both Jews and Muslims have religious slaughterhouses. These slaughterhouses comply with all laws. None are in private homes.

Have you ever gone to a kosher or halal restaurant? Where do you think they get their meat from? No it is not from a simple man with a simple hatchet in the back room.
The thread was about ritual sacrifice in Michigan not slaughterhouses.
I don't do kosher. Not a Methodist or Southern Baptist, thing. I have no problem with where they get their meat, nor really care. I'm just pointing out one person's ritually prepared meal is not that different, back in the day, to Sunday dinner get togethers, on the farm.

The thread was about ritual sacrifice in Michigan not slaughterhouses.
I don't do kosher. Not a Methodist or Southern Baptist, thing. I have no problem with where they get their meat, nor really care. I'm just pointing out one person's ritually prepared meal is not that different, back in the day, to Sunday dinner get togethers, on the farm.
The difference is, this isn't the farm. This is a major city. The ritual slaughter is not performed out the back yonder but in urban dwellings. This is a dense city of apartments and condos. If the mayor and city council had not been composed of 100% Muslims this nonsense would never have passed. Even though passed there have got to be slews of state laws being violated by butchering large animals in homes.

The difference is, this isn't the farm. This is a major city. The ritual slaughter is not performed out the back yonder but in urban dwellings. This is a dense city of apartments and condos. If the mayor and city council had not been composed of 100% Muslims this nonsense would never have passed. Even though passed there have got to be slews of state laws being violated by butchering large animals in homes.
It is not my home. For that matter, it is not your home, either, or city or state. Difference is, I can't get too worked up over it.

It is not my home. For that matter, it is not your home, either, or city or state. Diffence is, I can't get too worked up over it.
This is something all sane people should get worked up over or it will spread to wherever Muslims feel they can substitute their laws for ours.

LoL! Animal "sacrifice" for human consumption is ok though...

What the FUCK is the difference to the animal whose throat gets cut either way?? Many times animal "sacrifices" end up as food anyway.

This is something all sane people should get worked up over or it will spread to wherever Muslims feel they can substitute their laws for ours.
It will be up to local town councils and in some cases, people that have houses and apartments for rent, i.e., the people it might affect. If you think it will actually affect you, 2,000 miles away, take it up with your town counsel. I can't spare the wasted emotion for it, though it is 660 miles away. It won't be in my backyard.

Forum List

Back