Detroit-area community OKs animal sacrifice for Muslim religious reasons

You completely mischaracterize the objection to the home conducted animal sacrifice recently approved in Hamtramck. To make it a bit more understandable. If you accept hunter's going into the woods to hunt deer, would you approve of hunters bringing live deer into a one bedroom apartment to "hunt". Because the animal sacrifice in Hamtramck is being conducted in homes, in a very modern city.
Lol, hung deer in many garages. Lol, ya think we process them in surgical rooms? Cleaned fish, geese, ducks, rabbits and assorted other delicious critters in one room cabins. Cleaned critters on fold out tables outside my camper. Lol. There are these things we call bleach, water and lysol they are amazingly effective. As far as another person's cleanliness if their place isn't clean don't go in. In other words mind your own damn business.

Lol, hung deer in many garages. Lol, ya think we process them in surgical rooms? Cleaned fish, geese, ducks, rabbits and assorted other delicious critters in one room cabins. Cleaned critters on fold out tables outside my camper. Lol. There are these things we call bleach, water and lysol they are amazingly effective. As far as another person's cleanliness if their place isn't clean don't go in. In other words mind your own damn business.
I see cabin. I see camper. I even see garage. I don't see apartment in a 12 story building in Detroit.

Lol, ta 12 story apartment buildings are real common in Detroit. The ones that do exist can also support water, bleach and lysol
I imagine that they will have to take the living sheep and Goats to the apartments in the elevator. That should be interesting. 28,500 people live in two square miles. Likely many of these buildings don't even allow pets.

Urban dwellings are no place for butchery. It's just not. If you cannot hunt in playgrounds and city parks, butchering animals cannot be done in homes.

You completely mischaracterize the objection to the home conducted animal sacrifice recently approved in Hamtramck. To make it a bit more understandable. If you accept hunter's going into the woods to hunt deer, would you approve of hunters bringing live deer into a one bedroom apartment to "hunt". Because the animal sacrifice in Hamtramck is being conducted in homes, in a very modern city.
These "sacrifices" are often conducted inside homes, to keep neighbors from seeing them and reporting them to police.

I imagine that they will have to take the living sheep and Goats to the apartments in the elevator. That should be interesting. 28,500 people live in two square miles. Likely many of these buildings don't even allow pets.

Urban dwellings are no place for butchery. It's just not. If you cannot hunt in playgrounds and city parks, butchering animals cannot be done in homes.
According to US laws (which Muslims think they are above), butchering animals cannot be done anywhere.

Are you a vegan? Trying to figure out the source of your outrage.
Liberals always have a hard time trying to figure out the source of outrage, regarding things that they never get any information about (like Islamization).

Just a few years ago this city was predominantly polish. Muslims moved in, chased everyone else out. The mayor and entire city council is Muslim. They make their own laws. This is only the beginning.
ISLAMIZATION - scores of books have been written about it, with hundreds of instances cited. And liberals don't even know what the word means. Information-deprived victims of liberal OMISSION media, who don't know how much they don't know.

Turns out some Cuban Americans practice Santeria. They also sacrifice animals. How about them?
"
Muslims often slaughter animals, typically goats or sheep, or pay someone to do it for them during the holy holiday of Eid al-Adha. Meat is shared with family, friends and the poor.

The Hamtramck council in December had voted to continue a ban on animal slaughter but reversed course, at least for religious reasons, after legal advice and objections from people who follow the Islamic faith, the Detroit Free Press reported.

“If somebody wants to do it, they have a right to do their practice,” council member Mohammed Hassan said.

Dawud Walid, director of the Michigan branch of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said “it’s not something new or novel.”"

Hmmm; killing for personal consumption is OK as long as it is done humanely. A friend of mine sell goats which are home slaughtered; she was surprised that some don't know what they're doing. She now makes sure that the " dhabiha" is carried out properly.

Greg

I forgot about chickens, Grandmother sacrificed a bunch of those on Sundays when we came down. She had big stump chopping block out by the well house and her own hatchet, then she put a big huge heavy iron lid down over it, cause she hated to see it flopping around after cutting off it's head.
How is that defined as a "sacrifice " ?

"
Muslims often slaughter animals, typically goats or sheep, or pay someone to do it for them during the holy holiday of Eid al-Adha. Meat is shared with family, friends and the poor.

The Hamtramck council in December had voted to continue a ban on animal slaughter but reversed course, at least for religious reasons, after legal advice and objections from people who follow the Islamic faith, the Detroit Free Press reported.

“If somebody wants to do it, they have a right to do their practice,” council member Mohammed Hassan said.

Dawud Walid, director of the Michigan branch of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said “it’s not something new or novel.”"

Hmmm; killing for personal consumption is OK as long as it is done humanely. A friend of mine sell goats which are home slaughtered; she was surprised that some don't know what they're doing. She now makes sure that the " dhabiha" is carried out properly.

Greg
Often carcasses are dumped in dumpsters. This whole "food" rationale is a taqiyya ruse, like so many other things that Muslims say.

"

Greg
There is no killing for personal consumption in a city where 28,500 people live in two square miles. Certainly not animals the size of a sheep or goat. Let them sacrifice guinea pigs.

There is no killing for personal consumption in a city where 28,500 people live in two square miles. Certainly not animals the size of a sheep or goat. Let them sacrifice guinea pigs.
Why not??? That's barely a country town, and we'd kill our own back in the day. Usually a bullet between the eyes then bleed them. Heart kept pumping for a while. Done well slitting the throat properly is quite OK.

Greg

Why not??? That's barely a country town, and we'd kill our own back in the day. Usually a bullet between the eyes then bleed them. Heart kept pumping for a while. Done well slitting the throat properly is quite OK.

Greg
Hamtramck is one of the most densely populated areas in the United States and within the City of Detroit. There is nothing country town about it.

How is that defined as a "sacrifice " ?
I have seen the bird, perfectly content to walk the chicken yard until snatched up, head cut off, plucked, cleaned and served piping hot to family and friends. Pretty much the same, to me. I do not get emotionally involved. This just isn't my issue.

Forum List

Back