Did Sessions unthinkingly perjure: IOW, did he delibrately lie or not?

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
RW media has been all over this issue today, and with a very few exceptions (notably Rush), the comments have been (1) a denial was made, (2) the leakers were blamed, (3) then it was admitted, (4) it was defended as no big deal and as a slip, leading to (5) why deny in the first place?

This is very Nixonesque.

I hope it was a slip of a tongue or min d.

He admitted that he shouldn't have done it = yes he did! He should be charged and thrown out of power.

RW media has been all over this issue today, and with a very few exceptions (notably Rush), the comments have been (1) a denial was made, (2) the leakers were blamed, (3) then it was admitted, (4) it was defended as no big deal and as a slip, leading to (5) why deny in the first place?

This is very Nixonesque.

" Nixonesque." ROFLMAO If Sessions goes so what?

Let me know when you libtardos are done with your witch hunt which has no impact whatsoever on Trump's Presidency.

At least you have something to cry about for a while, flakey. I would call it a watershed moment. lol

Good explanation on what constitutes perjury. Bottom line is that the two questions posed to Sessions involved the campaign. Neither meeting with the Russian ambassador involved the campaign.

Consequently, he answered truthfully.

"California trial attorney Robert Barnes writes that Attorney General Jeff Sessions “absolutely did not perjure himself” during testimony to Congress."

Trial Lawyer: 'Jeff Sessions Absolutely Did NOT Perjure Himself' - Breitbart

didn't you hear the answers he gave the press right after he recused himself ?

I don't recall ...

a failing memory breeds trust for any Attorney General.

es

One of the big problems out there is that the Washington Post edited Franken's question. On purpose of course to make it appear that Sessions lied.

This is very Nixonesque.

Lie about what child?

And never forget the Justice Department has completely cleared Sessions of any wrong doing as he was acting as a Senator and a member of the Armed Service committee.

In other words, he was doing his day job.

The usual whining that follows RW lies.

Little by little, their corruption is coming to light and will be piled on top of the years of lies we've heard from the naked emperor.

Before its over, drumpf will make nixon and reagan look like honest boy scouts.

This is very Nixonesque.

Sessions didn't lie.

Franken: "CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that quote, ‘Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.’ These documents also allegedly say quote, ‘There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.’

"Now, again, I'm telling you this as it's coming out, so you know. But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Sessions: "Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."

What Jeff Sessions told Al Franken about his Russia contacts

Franken asked his question in the context of what turned out to be false rumors of the Russians blackmailing Trump and Sessions answered honestly in that context.

Good explanation on what constitutes perjury. Bottom line is that the two questions posed to Sessions involved the campaign. Neither meeting with the Russian ambassador involved the campaign.

Consequently, he answered truthfully.

"California trial attorney Robert Barnes writes that Attorney General Jeff Sessions “absolutely did not perjure himself” during testimony to Congress."

Trial Lawyer: 'Jeff Sessions Absolutely Did NOT Perjure Himself' - Breitbart

You'd think the Left, being serial perjurers', would already know this. Oh well, dog an' pony show politics knows no logical bounds.

The usual whining that follows RW lies.

Little by little, their corruption is coming to light and will be piled on top of the years of lies we've heard from the naked emperor.

Before its over, drumpf will make nixon and reagan look like honest boy scouts.

Too late. Obie and Holder an' Hillary already beat 'em to the punch.

:laugh:

This is very Nixonesque.

Sessions didn't lie.

Franken: "CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that quote, ‘Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.’ These documents also allegedly say quote, ‘There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.’

"Now, again, I'm telling you this as it's coming out, so you know. But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Sessions: "Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."

What Jeff Sessions told Al Franken about his Russia contacts

Franken asked his question in the context of what turned out to be false rumors of the Russians blackmailing Trump and Sessions answered honestly in that context.

Surely, the loser Democrats would dare not take anything out of context........:laugh:.:laugh:.:laugh:.

He did not answer truthfully.

He met with the Russian.

He said he did not.

Whether it was a slip or a lie is the issue, and the truth will be found out.

He did not answer truthfully.

He met with the Russian.

He said he did not.

Whether it was a slip or a lie is the issue, and the truth will be found out.

To quote Ted Cruz........."It's a nothing-burger." Jake loves Burger-King!

Sessions said he had not met with Russian ambassador.
Sessions said he did meet with Russian ambassador.

Did he lie the first time? or the second?

What a filthy corrupt administration this is.

People used to consider a lie as being saying something that wasnt true. Now nothing can be a lie unless you can find out what people were thinking at the time. Since you cant prove that lying doesnt exist

People used to consider a lie as being saying something that wasnt true. Now nothing can be a lie unless you can find out what people were thinking at the time. Since you cant prove that lying doesnt exist
Depends on what the definition of is is.......

Forum List

Back