Sep 29, 2012
A paraphrasing of the words of Francis Bellamy:

I pledge non-allegiance to the flag
Of the Divided States of America
And to the self-defeating conflict for which it stands
Two nations, one claiming to be under God and the other not
Utterly divisible
With eroding liberty and injustice for all

The only question is, what extremist will be the first to post "it's their fault?"

Ready...Set...GO!

A paraphrasing of the words of Francis Bellamy:

I pledge non-allegiance to the flag
Of the Divided States of America
And to the self-defeating conflict for which it stands
Two nations, one claiming to be under God and the other not
Utterly divisible
With eroding liberty and injustice for all

The only question is, what extremist will be the first to post "it's their fault?"

Ready...Set...GO!

We the People, get the government We the People deserve. No one party is better or worse. Politics in the US is a dismal issue because our 200+ y/o constitution has an aura about it that nobody wants to touch. It's a horribly flawed document that allows bodies it creates to make it's own rules as it goes on. Could you imagine the local Pizza Joint allowing it's drivers to charge whatever it wants for a delivery? If they based their business plan on the tenants of our constitution...they would be doing just that. It's been several decades since it was workable because when it was written it was assumed by the framers that all practitioners would be of good faith.

If we can agree on nothing else, it would seem as though we could all agree that the gal/guy you voted for in November is acutely aware of what she/he must to do keep his job first and foremost. I think the framers envisioned people who didn't have that at the front of their mind because 2 things; in their day, when you entered government, you likely were not going to end your life as a governor and secondly, it was more important to known as a good man than it was to be known as an effective legislator.

As for your post--here is the slant from my point of view.

I think liberals are the true stewards of the better angels of human nature myself but as with all things, it can be taken too far. All things in moderation, in my view, is the winning position.

afbeelding-6.png

The nation is irrevocably divided to the point where it is not possible to coexist. The more peaceful solution would be to sit down and fashion a reasoned divorce. The current option of each side trying to drag the other into compliance isn't working.

The nation is irrevocably divided to the point where it is not possible to coexist. The more peaceful solution would be to sit down and fashion a reasoned divorce. The current option of each side trying to drag the other into compliance isn't working.

Much like it was during the Civil War.

'

I would be a citizen of Ecotopia, the best part of North America.

So go ahead, divide away, fine by me.

And, an inestimable advantage, I could then regard Texans as Undesirable Aliens.

'

And, an inestimable advantage, I could then regard Texans as Undesirable Aliens.

Not a bad idea, but I would go further, my neighborhood has some undesirables and I think my section of the neighborhood, the desirable section, should break away from the city, then from the state and finally from the nation.

'

I have a love-hate relationship with Texas. However, in such a scenario, Texas would have a much stronger economy, so I would be resigned to move there, and in general be okay with the decision. Besides, as much as I may give fundamentalist reactionaries a hard time, they tend to have communities that I would be happier living in.

However, the central point of the OP is that a Divided States of America is NOT what is in our best interest.

Last edited:

We are much, much more divided now than we were during the civil war. Today there is no point of compromise and nothing upon which we can agree. During the civil war there were no issues like abortion, same sex marriage, the place religion has in public life, the legalization of millions of invading criminals, support and maintenance of the chronically lazy, support and care of substance abusers, tax funded birth control for hookers, the list goes on and on.

Neither republicans nor democrats will accept governance by the other side. The divisions are getting deeper and wider. There are three ways this can end. A peaceful division, a bloody division or a third party interposing itself.

Won't work. The statist leftist want to assimilate you and plug you into their hive mind.

They're really sociopathic.

20% are ignorant brainwashed loudmouth racist Rush Beckbots, a disgrace and way too powerful- "No compromise, un-American Tea Party GOP"- TIME. Ruined the GOP, a scary disgrace, now fading. Thank God.

We are much, much more divided now than we were during the civil war. Today there is no point of compromise and nothing upon which we can agree. During the civil war there were no issues like abortion, same sex marriage, the place religion has in public life, the legalization of millions of invading criminals, support and maintenance of the chronically lazy, support and care of substance abusers, tax funded birth control for hookers, the list goes on and on.

Neither republicans nor democrats will accept governance by the other side. The divisions are getting deeper and wider. There are three ways this can end. A peaceful division, a bloody division or a third party interposing itself.
Oh, you are much too pessimistic!!

Whoever has control over the Mass Media and Entertainment Industry can easily mold the Hive Mind of present-day America into whatever shape they want!!

You mindless zombies will fall right into line.

Igor Panarin predicted the breakup of the Soviet Union and its causes. He has predicted the break up of the US into seven parts. He is probably the most correct.

Anything is preferable to liberalism.

I will continue to support a UNITED States of America. Mainstream America is better off without the extremists and special interests spreading their hatred and discontent. Don't get me wrong, I love a good debate, maybe more than the average bear, but in the end I believe that a divided nation is easier to destroy than a united one. No matter how you slice it, to actually embrace a divided America is to embrace it's destruction. Maybe that's what extremists really want.

Not me.

Not a bad idea, but I would go further, my neighborhood has some undesirables and I think my section of the neighborhood, the desirable section, should break away from the city, then from the state and finally from the nation.
I hope you live in Texas.

Gosh, what a surprise that you would say that ~ again. :rolleyes:

We are much, much more divided now than we were during the civil war. .

That is, of course, absurd; but you are tied to this Chicken Little persona so tightly now you can't possibly let it go.

'

I have a love-hate relationship with Texas. However, in such a scenario, Texas would have a much stronger economy, so I would be resigned to move there, and in general be okay with the decision. Besides, as much as I may give fundamentalist reactionaries a hard time, they tend to have communities that I would be happier living in.

However, the central point of the OP is that a Divided States of America is NOT what is in our best interest.

Can you defend that statement?

'

Can you defend that statement?

Not flawlessly. However, history suggests that a divided nation is easier to destroy than a divided one. So, if the premise is that an intact U.S. is preferable to a destroyed U.S., then yes, I think I can.

Forum List

Back