Zone1 Do most Jews believe they killed Jesus?

some things just do not change. I am
firmly convinced that human societies
that are LITERATE do not EVOLVE into
illiterate societies

Really? That's what the story the Tower of Babel is about. It was the collapse of a civilization... of literacy.. like Afghanistan today.

There's still ziggurats all over the Middle East.

Really? That's what the story the Tower of Babel is about. It was the collapse of a civilization... of literacy.. like Afghanistan today.

you got that interpretation directly from
Nimrod, suradie?

"Really?" what? Afghanistan is not an
illiterate society----Pashtun is a written
language. Ziggurat is an architectural form
of ancient Babylon. From where do you get
the INTERPRETATION of the story of the
Tower of Babel? Do you know who wrote
it?

I am still intrigued regarding your interpretation of the story of THE TOWER OF BABEL----
Historically, when did BABYLON COLLAPSE?
Do you know when the SPECIFIC TOWER of
Babel collapsed or who wrote the story claiming that Babylon BECAME illiterate. The only literature regarding that event (?) that I could find is in the first book of the OT

Actually it's about the migration from Mesopotamia.

Actually it's about the migration from Mesopotamia.
Huh? from where did you dredge that
interpretation? From the author of the
"story" ? I am intrigued----who or what
"nation" came up with the story now that
AESOP is dead?

The one that was noteworthy enough for stories to be told about it and eventually written down many many generations later.
the migration about which I read was, simply, that of some person named ABRAM and his
family and employees. Are you suggesting that Abram et al's migration lead to the tower's
fall and some sort of loss of literacy in Mesopotamia?

the migration about which I read was, simply, that of some person named ABRAM and his
family and employees. Are you suggesting that Abram et al's migration lead to the tower's
fall and some sort of loss of literacy in Mesopotamia?
I believe it is more likely that the timing of the historical event that was allegorically recorded as the Tower of Babel was well before Abraham. I don't know exactly when but I believe more than 4,500 years ago. I believe that's true for the first eleven chapters of the Bible which records the history that all nations have in common.

But it's all just fairy-tales, right?

I believe it is more likely that the timing of the historical event that was allegorically recorded as the Tower of Babel was well before Abraham. I don't know exactly when but I believe more than 4,500 years ago. I believe that's true for the first eleven chapters of the Bible which records the history that all nations have in common.

But it's all just fairy-tales, right?
"..... the history that all nations have in common.." ??? "...first eleven chapters
of the bible..." what are you calling "chapters of the bible'?

Forum List

Back