Do voters understand that GOP economics is a catastrophe in the making?

The Chinese did nothing. Trump did it.
You are mistsken

they tried to hurt American farmers in hopes that would put pressure on trump to ease up on china

They simply retaliated in kind. That's how these things work.
And trump parried their thrust by protecting the farmers

Taking money from one person to give to another. In other scenario's what is that called?
I compare it to the japanese attack on Pearl Harbor

thankfully FDR did not dismiss it as a local problem for the Hawaiians to deal with

You can see it however you want but it is what it is.

You can engage with other countries without attacking them.
I agree

as I said the 19 year war in afghanistan lasted 18 1/2 years too long

and the iraq was was a total mistake along with US destabilization of libya and syria

but we have commitments in the far east that must be defended so the issue is not a simple one

It's quite simple. By taking your position gets us a never ending involvement in places like Afghanistan. You know that.
What is my position as you see it?

Whatever you have to say to defend your party.
Thats a non reply

It's a factual reply.

I agree

as I said the 19 year war in afghanistan lasted 18 1/2 years too long

and the iraq was was a total mistake along with US destabilization of libya and syria

but we have commitments in the far east that must be defended so the issue is not a simple one

It's quite simple. By taking your position gets us a never ending involvement in places like Afghanistan. You know that.

Thats a non reply

It's a factual reply.
Its a whif

and its was not even a Gotcha! question

just an attemp to hear your point of view

No they don't. He has done nothing to do that other than say it. As far as actual actions go he has done nothing.

He likes to talk.
He’s done more to bring back jobs from china and mexico than any democrat in living memory
He has hurt manufacturing. Steel has lots of layoffs. He’s done more damage than good. How about that huge farmer bailout?
The chinese targeted farmers as a vulnerability and trump responded
He has hurt manufacturing. Steel is having huge layoffs. You seem to ignore facts.
Were those steel products being exported to china?

no

So can you explain why the layoffs happened?

I asked a lib this question and Whoof! he disappeared

thats so typical of the trump haters

Thats a non reply

It's a factual reply.
Its a whif

and its was not even a Gotcha! question

just an attemp to hear your point of view

I gave it. It fits many.

No they don't. He has done nothing to do that other than say it. As far as actual actions go he has done nothing.

He likes to talk.
He’s done more to bring back jobs from china and mexico than any democrat in living memory
He has hurt manufacturing. Steel has lots of layoffs. He’s done more damage than good. How about that huge farmer bailout?
He has hurt manufacturing. Steel is having huge layoffs. You seem to ignore facts.
Were those steel products being exported to china?

no

So can you explain why the layoffs happened?
Tariffs hurt manufacturing. We are less competitive when our manufacturing is forced to use more expensive steel. Sales go down. Demand for steel goes down. Tariffs have done this many times. Learn from history.

You are mistsken

they tried to hurt American farmers in hopes that would put pressure on trump to ease up on china

Tariffs never work. Repubs are really stupid to think they will when they have a long history of failure.
If tariffs never work then why does every country have tariffs?

this is not a new invention of trump
They work as a tax. Every country has taxes. They don’t work to bring back jobs or protect industries. They always hurt consumers.

You are mistsken

Tariffs never work. Repubs are really stupid to think they will when they have a long history of failure.

They work as a tax. Every country has taxes. They don’t work to bring back jobs or protect industries. They always hurt consumers.
If tariffs were bad then every other country in the world would not have them also

You are mistsken

If tariffs were bad then every other country in the world would not have them also
You are an idiot. Every economist knows they are bad. Trump tariffs lead to decline in manufacturing, layoffs in steel, huge farmer bailout... how is that good?

You are mistsken

Germany enacts tariffs to keep their manufacturing strong. Tariffs that only address one small aspect does nothing to address that. Trump's tariffs were very narrow. It does not help the U.S. if a business moves from China to Thailand.

Germany not only enacts tariffs they enact taxes to deter business from moving offseas. We will not do that.

The problem is not China. The problem is American companies seeking the very lowest cost no matter the cost to the country.

You are an idiot. Every economist knows they are bad. Trump tariffs lead to decline in manufacturing, layoffs in steel, huge farmer bailout... how is that good?
Ok, now you are losing so you get angry any call me names

You are mistsken

You are the type who will walk off a cliff cause everyone else is. Trump sheep...

And you ignore the question. Go figure. Losing is clearly you.

Germany enacts tariffs to keep their manufacturing strong. Tariffs that only address one small aspect does nothing to address that. Trump's tariffs were very narrow. It does not help the U.S. if a business moves from China to Thailand.

Germany not only enacts tariffs they enact taxes to deter business from moving offseas. We will not do that.

The problem is not China. The problem is American companies seeking the very lowest cost no matter the cost to the country.
Trump tariffs on china were pretty broad

America is better off when we consume products made in the US instead of china

I obviously disagree with you on the things we discuss but name calling is never a good argument.

I asked you a simple question and you ran away

but I’ll repeat if in case you forgot

how is trump tariffs on imported chinese steel to blame for steel layoffs in the US?

Trump's tariffs did nothing to bring the jobs here. If we won't buy the American product now, being from Thailand as opposed to China isn't going to stop people.

Germany addresses the business. We address our boogeymen. China forced no one to move their business there. Greed did.

We are better off for declining manufacturing? Huge farmer bailout? Steel layoffs? How did that make us better?

I asked you a simple question and you ran away

but I’ll repeat if in case you forgot

how is trump tariffs on imported chinese steel to blame for steel layoffs in the US?
The question was answered. Love how you wait 3 seconds and claim somebody ran away.

Forum List

Back