Does any real discussion happen on USMB? Or just insults, namecalling, and lies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One vote for "Yes" so far.

There is little to discuss that isn't partisan politics on the main boards... so it's inevitable things get personal. I was on a site called Ballot Box for years...it made this place look like pristine and high-minded. I mean VICIOUS and cruel. But on the rare occasion somebody would say they'd had a new baby join the family or had quit smoking, both sides gave them a CONGRATS! and then went back to calling each others' mothers whores. :lol:

This thread is a good example, started out well, was hijacked into a racism thread, then periodically returns to a sane conversation.
It was hijacked into a racism thread because the op wanted to know why this forum has no civility....racism is the problem with this forum.

I beg to differ. Racism is one of the problems in this forum but not the only one by a long way. Misogyny is rampant as is trolling for the sake of trolling. The partisan divide is another serious problem too. Let's not forget the religious friction either.

All of those problems disrupt the flow of the threads. However none of them are going away without us choosing to rise above the fray. As far as I am concerned there is no difference between the types of bigotry out there. They are all wrong and should be treated with the contempt they deserve. But I refuse to lower myself to the level of the bigots. They simply don't deserve any of my time and attention. Life is too short to waste on the stupid and ignorant in my opinion.

This thread is a good example, started out well, was hijacked into a racism thread, then periodically returns to a sane conversation.
It was hijacked into a racism thread because the op wanted to know why this forum has no civility....racism is the problem with this forum.

I beg to differ. Racism is one of the problems in this forum but not the only one by a long way. Misogyny is rampant as is trolling for the sake of trolling. The partisan divide is another serious problem too. Let's not forget the religious friction either.

All of those problems disrupt the flow of the threads. However none of them are going away without us choosing to rise above the fray. As far as I am concerned there is no difference between the types of bigotry out there. They are all wrong and should be treated with the contempt they deserve. But I refuse to lower myself to the level of the bigots. They simply don't deserve any of my time and attention. Life is too short to waste on the stupid and ignorant in my opinion.

All they have to do is start enforcing the rules that are already published and most of the issues would be resolved. The question is why are they not enforcing the rules...why are the racists allowed to derail every thread with their hate? Allowing this to happen is condoning the thoughts, IMO.

Nutz[U said:
;9477412]
All they have to do is start enforcing the rules that are already published and most of the issues would be resolved. The question is why are they not enforcing the rules...why are the racists allowed to derail every thread with their hate? Allowing this to happen is condoning the thoughts, IMO.

They DO enforce the rules....just not to your snitching racist ass satisfaction is all. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

They DO enforce the rules....just not to your snitching racist ass satisfaction is all. :eusa_whistle:

No, they don't. Asshole. I did forget to add you to that list though.

No, they don't. Asshole. I did forget to add you to that list though.

You. do. that. pussy. :badgrin:

But...but...nobody is complaining about someone calling someone else a cave monkey? Oh. Wait.

btw...what exactly IS a cave monkey? I never heard the phrase myself...until here.

But...but...nobody is complaining about someone calling someone else a cave monkey? Oh. Wait.

What would you call a white racist that calls black people porch monkeys? Can you think of a better term?

Does any real discussion happen on USMB? Or just insults, namecalling, and lies?

Fuck off, Douchebag

What would you call a white racist that calls black people porch monkeys? Can you think of a better term?

They are allowed to spew their nonsense...it is not racism. It is only racism if a black person responds in kind. So if you are called a porch monkey, a ******, a spook, tarbaby etc....and you respond negatively with something like idiot, asshole, jerk...you are the racist...not the white guy.

They are allowed to spew their nonsense...it is not racism. It is only racism if a black person responds in kind. So if you are called a porch monkey, a ******, a spook, tarbaby etc....and you respond negatively with something like idiot, asshole, jerk...you are the racist...not the white guy.

Kinda like the N word, eh? Blacks can but whites can't. Amirite?

I would think them an idiot and beneath my notice and avoid them. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I not the type to "avoid" people. I'm not going to run from thread to thread hiding. I talk to people on their level. You talk intelligently to me I will do the same to you. You talk like a cave monkey then I will treat you as such.

Nothing like that Grace. The N word is more like the B word. I'm Black I can use the N word. You as a female can use the B word. See how that works?

Nothing like that Grace. The N word is more like the B word. I'm Black I can use the N word. You as a female can use the B word. See how that works?

:lol: Call Mike Tyson "the n word" and you'll be crawling around the floor trying to find your teef, Snowflake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back