Does anyone actually think that Donald Trump would make a good President?

I hope Mr. Trump realizes that if he was president, "you're fired" isn't going to cut it. :lol: It's a little more complicated than that, I think.

I like him for his solid rapid fire tweets.

tumblr_nri1tixwkL1qa2163o1_500.jpg

He's got absolutely no diplomacy at all. As the POTUS, you need to have diplomacy. When I think of Donald Trump, I kind of lump him in the category of the Kardashians, like he has entertainment value, but not much else, IMO.

He's got absolutely no diplomacy at all. As the POTUS, you need to have diplomacy. When I think of Donald Trump, I kind of lump him in the category of the Kardashians, like he has entertainment value, but not much else, IMO.
More sense than Hilary or Bush. Both supported the Iraq invasion while Trump opposed it. Hilary and the typical neo-cons of the Republican party supporting the Syrian and Libyan rebels wasn't a stroke of foreign policy genius to say the least.

More sense than Hilary or Bush. Both supported the Iraq invasion while Trump opposed it. Hilary and the typical neo-cons of the Republican party supporting the Syrian and Libyan rebels wasn't a stroke of foreign policy genius to say the least.

While I do agree with some of his positions, I just cannot seem to bring myself to trust the guy even a little bit.

You can SAY that he has no diplomacy skills but you cannot argue the fact that he MUST have some diplomacy skills to work the deals he has worked with different people all over the world. Yes, he does have an entertainment career but that has little to do with who he is. I would encourage anyone who is interested in learning about Trump to read Art of the Deal and learn. He's a very smart man.

While I do agree with some of his positions, I just cannot seem to bring myself to trust the guy even a little bit.

Odd.. my thoughts exactly about Hillary and Jeb!

You can SAY that he has no diplomacy skills but you cannot argue the fact that he MUST have some diplomacy skills to work the deals he has worked with different people all over the world. Yes, he does have an entertainment career but that has little to do with who he is. I would encourage anyone who is interested in learning about Trump to read Art of the Deal and learn. He's a very smart man.

It's because he has money. Have you watched him on TV? Do you think he has diplomacy, I mean honestly.

Odd.. my thoughts exactly about Hillary and Jeb!

I don't trust them either. :D I seriously cannot stand any of the well known candidates. I will be taking a closer look at 3rd party candidates.

It's because he has money. Have you watched him on TV? Do you think he has diplomacy, I mean honestly.

I think someone who has money probably needs some diplomatic skill to obtain it. Yes.

I think what you perceive as a "lack of diplomacy" is his brash demeanor and sometimes caustic remarks. What you fail to realize is, this is often a very beneficial strategy in negotiation and diplomacy. You don't sit down with the car salesman and start going on about what a lovely family he has and how brilliant he must be to win all these sales awards... not going to get you the best deal on the car, is it? Favorable "diplomacy" only comes from a position of strength. Positive negotiation is when you convince the other party what you have is worth more than what they are offering. These things are often not accomplished by being cordial and nice... in fact, they usually never are accomplished like that.

I think someone who has money probably needs some diplomatic skill to obtain it. Yes.

I think what you perceive as a "lack of diplomacy" is his brash demeanor and sometimes caustic remarks. What you fail to realize is, this is often a very beneficial strategy in negotiation and diplomacy. You don't sit down with the car salesman and start going on about what a lovely family he has and how brilliant he must be to win all these sales awards... not going to get you the best deal on the car, is it? Favorable "diplomacy" only comes from a position of strength. Positive negotiation is when you convince the other party what you have is worth more than what they are offering. These things are often not accomplished by being cordial and nice... in fact, they usually never are accomplished like that.

Well, I think being the POTUS is a bit different from being a person looking to purchase a vehicle and even than running a business. Unfortunately, you do have to deal with some unsavory characters when running a country and it becomes quite complicated, I'm sure.

Well, I think being the POTUS is a bit different from being a person looking to purchase a vehicle and even than running a business. Unfortunately, you do have to deal with some unsavory characters when running a country and it becomes quite complicated, I'm sure.

Well I was just trying to use a familiar "negotiation and diplomacy" example I thought you could relate to... I forget that most pinheads probably paid full sticker price plus commission to their salesman who they praised his family and awards and cooked brownies for...

..you do have to deal with some unsavory characters when running a country and it becomes quite complicated...

Yes you DO! And that's why you need someone who knows how to deal with all kinds of people. Not only that, but get the BEST deal consistently because he knows how to deal better than anyone. Also, someone who is not tied to a party or special interest in a way that hampers his ability to deal as he sees fit. Someone who doesn't give a shit if it's not politically popular or in-line with partisan politics.

Well I was just trying to use a familiar "negotiation and diplomacy" example I thought you could relate to... I forget that most pinheads probably paid full sticker price plus commission to their salesman who they praised his family and awards and cooked brownies for...

..you do have to deal with some unsavory characters when running a country and it becomes quite complicated...

Yes you DO! And that's why you need someone who knows how to deal with all kinds of people. Not only that, but get the BEST deal consistently because he knows how to deal better than anyone. Also, someone who is not tied to a party or special interest in a way that hampers his ability to deal as he sees fit. Someone who doesn't give a shit if it's not politically popular or in-line with partisan politics.

Well, it is funny that both major parties seem to really hate him. +1 there. :D

You see, the problem here I think is that I just don't like him. Not only that, but I don't trust him. He's like a shark, you know? Can't trust a shark.

You see, the problem here I think is that I just don't like him. Not only that, but I don't trust him. He's like a shark, you know? Can't trust a shark.

I didn't like him at first either. In 2004 and even 2008, I would have concluded he was too centrist/moderate and far too risky... 8 years of Obama has changed my perspective. The more I listen to him and watch him make a fool out of his critics, the more I am impressed and think... hey, why the hell not? We can't do any worse than what we have and Hillary sure as hell isn't our answer.

I didn't like him at first either. In 2004 and even 2008, I would have concluded he was too centrist/moderate and far too risky... 8 years of Obama has changed my perspective. The more I listen to him and watch him make a fool out of his critics, the more I am impressed and think... hey, why the hell not? We can't do any worse than what we have and Hillary sure as hell isn't our answer.

Still . . . I don't like him. Also, don't forget, he did file for bankruptcy several times. I know that sometimes happens in "big" business but it is still a bit worrisome. He is just another rich guy too. Let's not forget that.

Still . . . I don't like him. Also, don't forget, he did file for bankruptcy several times. I know that sometimes happens in "big" business but it is still a bit worrisome. He is just another rich guy too. Let's not forget that.

Well I like Hillary even less than Trump... don't trust her a bit. Plus... she's NOT rich, so she can be "bought" by the highest bidder. If I had a choice between Trump and Hillary to go negotiate my car deal, I'd pick Trump every time... Hell... If I could either pick Trump or Hillary plus any other person on the planet including Trump... I'd still go with Trump by himself.

Forum List

Back