Does it bother you that our entire government is based on forcing people via gunpoint

Slavery was, is, and will be wrong.

No one has the right to steal other another's personality and fruits of his or her labor.

I hope you remember that last bit the next time you want to raise taxes on some people but not others.

No one has the right to steal other another's personality and fruits of his or her labor.

Then how do you justify taxation?

There are things that we need to do, and someone has to pay for them.

Period.

Me, I like roads. I like clean air, I like clean water, I like knowing if my house catches on fire, I can call someone and they'll put it out, I like that if someone breaks into my house, I can call the cops and catch them.

Frankly, if anyone steals the fruits of my labor, it's parasite investors and bankers.

bripat has demonstrated just how unqualified he is to make any kind of sensible comment.

He equates slavery by the neo-libertarians with taxation enacted by the legislatures of We the People.

Then how do you justify taxation?

There are things that we need to do, and someone has to pay for them.

Period.

Me, I like roads. I like clean air, I like clean water, I like knowing if my house catches on fire, I can call someone and they'll put it out, I like that if someone breaks into my house, I can call the cops and catch them.

Frankly, if anyone steals the fruits of my labor, it's parasite investors and bankers.

What is your point? People can still pay for things they need without the threat of force. Private money funds roads via taxation and private companies build roads, why have the violent and greedy middleman?

No nukes, read the thread

bripat has demonstrated just how unqualified he is to make any kind of sensible comment.

He equates slavery by the neo-libertarians with taxation enacted by the legislatures of We the People.

Slavery was legislated by the people too, nerd

I tried bros. They know what's up, cuz I've told them, they dont care. They might even enjoy being coerced.

Everyone can enjoy fascism, no one is exempt from its appeal. Ever hear of The Third Wave Experiment?

Some people love being coerced and ordered around, it's called Slave Mentality.

It's not exclusive to liberals. Conservatives are more prone to accept fascism and being obedient unto the most extreme authority. A great example of this would be Nazi Germany. Liberalism was suppressed because it threatened Hitler's far right agenda.

fascism isn't right-wing. it's left-wing.

Fascism is agnostic regarding left/right. It often dresses up as 'centrist' or 'moderate'.

LibertyLemming's comment above shows the enlightenment exhibited by Americans as they moved away from neo-libertarian slavery.

How infantile they were that a Civil War was required to end it for all time.

Everyone can enjoy fascism, no one is exempt from its appeal. Ever hear of The Third Wave Experiment?

Some people love being coerced and ordered around, it's called Slave Mentality.

It's not exclusive to liberals. Conservatives are more prone to accept fascism and being obedient unto the most extreme authority. A great example of this would be Nazi Germany. Liberalism was suppressed because it threatened Hitler's far right agenda.

Fascism is agnostic regarding left/right. It often dresses up as 'centrist' or 'moderate'.

Dead wrong. Fascism is an ideology that endorses government control over everything. That is the essence of leftism.

LibertyLemming's comment above shows the enlightenment exhibited by Americans as they moved away from neo-libertarian slavery.

There's nothing libertarian about slavery, moron.

Nothing you post has even the remotest connection with reality.

Re: the OP,

I'm not really bothered by the fact that government is based on force. While I can certainly entertain proposals of how completely voluntary societies might work, the notion is 'not ready for prime time'.

But the coercive nature of government is the reason we want it limited to only those functions where it's necessary. It's necessary, for example, to use force to defend the nation from outside invasion, and to keep the peace at home. It's not necessary, for example, to use force to "help" us pay for our health care.

Last edited:

Many libertarians on the Board for years have been saying that Jefferson, Washington, Madison, etc, were libertarians, and also were slavers.

Anyone who is libertarian simply does not comprehend the entire American experience and what it means.

Civil War was about greed. Lincoln was a racist.

Dead wrong. Fascism is an ideology that endorses government control over everything. That is the essence of leftism.

Only according to a 'rightist'. It's true that left wing authoritarians want to control our economic decisions. But there are those on the right just as eager to control our decisions regarding personal morals and habits. Authoritarians hailing from the 'center' are happy to do both.

Many libertarians on the Board for years have been saying that Jefferson, Washington, Madison, etc, were libertarians, and also were slavers.

Anyone who is libertarian simply does not comprehend the entire American experience and what it means.

Oh Puhleeze. Jefferson and Washington both freed their slaves.

Most wealthy people owned slaves in that day and age. It was a fact of life.

Only according to a 'rightist'. It's true that left wing authoritarians want to control our economic decisions. But there are those on the right just as eager to control our decisions regarding personal morals and habits. Authoritarians hailing from the 'center' are happy to do both.

The left/right paradigm has to do with your attitude about government control of the economy. Issues about morals and habits are trivialities that can be repealed at the stroke of the pen. That may be "authoritarian," but it isn't fascism.

The government does not need a gun in your face, that's old school. Now, it's done psychologically; less violent, more effective. Someday the people of this country are gonna realize that the government doesn't give a lick about them. It's interested in its own power, keeping it and expanding it wherever possible. I will fight for my country, but, not for my government.

Without government, YOU have no claim on this country, as the original inhabitants and their nation states would supercede you. Get off your butt, get involved in your local politics in order to send representatives to change laws you don't like. If you don't want to do this, don't complain as to what comes down the pike.

You have been duped by your government to pick sides in a political mind fu*k. The reality taichiliberal, is that the big wealthy business interests that own and control the media brainwashing you everyday telling you what to think, what to believe, what to buy and what
political party you should vote in. As the old saying goes divide and conquer.

Your vote means nothing, nothing, not a g-d damn thing. I bet you think this is a two party system, don't you? The fact is we are not a democracy, if you know your political theory we are a polyarchy. A one party system (the business party) which happens to have two factions. Every two and four years the hoi polloi gets to pick which criminals they want for another four years. Think critically, think for yourself, think outside the box. Don't be led down the low road with the rest of the sheeple.

It does seems like good cop bad cop sometimes. Clinton and Obama talk progressive and pro worker but look at their actions. They both enabled free trade and destroying America's manufacturing base. Obama is pushing more trade deals like TPP right now with hardly any mention of it anywhere. From a democrat you would expect something better than Obamacare, which is nothing but being forced to buy insurance from a corporation. One party, the corporate party with the center left, center right factions maybe.

Oh Puhleeze. Jefferson and Washington both freed their slaves.

Most wealthy people owned slaves in that day and age. It was a fact of life.

You prove your lack of knowledge about the American experience. Very few slavers freed their slaves. Washington freed only those he outright owned but not Martha's so they could go to her children. Jefferson freed only the five who were his children.

No, most wealth Americans did not own slaves in those days; it was a fact of life.

Libertarianism is a disease of the soul.

The left/right paradigm has to do with your attitude about government control of the economy. Issues about morals and habits are trivialities that can be repealed at the stroke of the pen. That may be "authoritarian," but it isn't fascism.

Fascism is nothing of the sort, bripat. It is party control over everything. And that is what the far right reactionaries want.

Forum List

Back