Does it bother you that our entire government is based on forcing people via gunpoint

So you've never been unemployed? And you're never going to grow old and retire? Newsflash for you: Enron, the S&L scandal, the Wall St. debacle of late.....these affected people just like you who did all the right things, invested wisely, etc....and got SCREWED. So again, what's your answer? Or are you just going to continue to blow smoke?
You asked for an example of what the government has forced me to do "at gunpoint" that is against my moral/social/economic values.
I gave one.
:dunno:

See folks, once you take this right wing blow hards to task introduce FACTS and the logic derived from them, they just deteriorate into mindless parrots. Unless this clown learns to shoot straight and honestly debate, I'll just leave him to his squawkings.

So are you denying that the government controls via force and the threat of force?

M14 has failed to give good, worthy examples of what he has been forced to do at government gunpoint that he should not have to do.

Until he does, the whole libertarian position here is one of massive fail.

M14 has failed to give good, worthy examples of what he has been forced to do at government gunpoint that he should not have to do.

Until he does, the whole libertarian position here is one of massive fail.

I didn't ask about that.

I asked if any of you deny that the government uses force and the threat of force as a means of control

Of course government, which We the People have given the right to regulated violence, can enforce the laws through threat of force or the use of force.

What is your point? That you are a libertarian? OK.

Of course government, which We the People have given the right to regulated violence, can enforce the laws through threat of force or the use of force.

And when the government kills innocent people with that force it's OK with you?

That does happen, and We the People have endowed the governments with powers to rectify those issues.

All the west, now called the old west was without government. In name, we had government, in reality it was ruled by the ones who had consolidated the most money and power.

Yeah, good thing that only happened way back then and isn't the case AT ALL today. :rolleyes:

Exactly what has the government forced YOU to do "at gunpoint" that is so against your moral, social and economic values that has you in such a state of angst?

Forced to let them take upwards of 30% of my income, therefor them taking ownership over 30% of my time and labor.

There are more but I'll keep it simple. Basically, anything I want to to that isn't harming other people, yet I am prohibited from doing.

And just how do you expect for all the utilities and resources that are the "commons" to be used by you to be paid for? Taxes pay for the military, roads, water purification and distribution, emergency medical treatment, food inspection, quality enforcement for all the products you use, etc., etc.

Your last statement is (again) vague...but can only be applied to wanting to smoke marijuana as a recreation. Well, alcohol was once prohibited...now it's not. It's up to the PEOPLE to change the laws.....and depending upon detrimental effect to parts of the populace, "bad" laws eventually get changed.

So essentially, your "at gunpoint" statement is at best an exaggeration.

Most "commons" are local or state issues. This thread is assumingly dealing with federal.

And the people don't always have this say in laws that you're talking about. There's plenty of people who collectively want marijuana legalized...yet no action from the federal government. Perhaps they haven't organized the effort well enough, who knows, but there's been less people who've gotten more out of the government in other situations.

That does happen, and We the People have endowed the governments with powers to rectify those issues.
We've endowed the government with powers to rectify their own atrocities?

We can't even get the government to prosecute a single person in the banking debacle that caused the worst economic downturn since the great depression.

We've endowed the government with powers to rectify their own atrocities?

We can't even get the government to prosecute a single person in the banking debacle that caused the worst economic downturn since the great depression.

Yet you and Paulie want to turn this over to a Peoples' Council For Retribution?

You guys sound sillier month by month. 95% of Americans want nothing to do with Libertarianism. They never will, because your system is inherently as infected as is communism.

The GUBMINT came to my house and made me buy health insurance at gunpoint

Forced to let them take upwards of 30% of my income, therefor them taking ownership over 30% of my time and labor.

There are more but I'll keep it simple. Basically, anything I want to to that isn't harming other people, yet I am prohibited from doing.

And just how do you expect for all the utilities and resources that are the "commons" to be used by you to be paid for? Taxes pay for the military, roads, water purification and distribution, emergency medical treatment, food inspection, quality enforcement for all the products you use, etc., etc.

Your last statement is (again) vague...but can only be applied to wanting to smoke marijuana as a recreation. Well, alcohol was once prohibited...now it's not. It's up to the PEOPLE to change the laws.....and depending upon detrimental effect to parts of the populace, "bad" laws eventually get changed.

So essentially, your "at gunpoint" statement is at best an exaggeration.

Most "commons" are local or state issues. This thread is assumingly dealing with federal.

And the people don't always have this say in laws that you're talking about. There's plenty of people who collectively want marijuana legalized...yet no action from the federal government. Perhaps they haven't organized the effort well enough, who knows, but there's been less people who've gotten more out of the government in other situations.

The people have the say in all "commons" through their votes and their representatives.

Your failure is that you pretend that business, society, transportation, communications, and so forth have evolved incredibly. Libertarianism would destroy our country and our people as surely as would communism.

That is why you can never get more than 5% of the vote.

You're an expert at telling us what we already know, Fakey.

Arguing with extreme right wingers can be dangerous for your health!

These lunatics think that, somewhere in the world, there is an utopia where there are no taxes, and no one in charge!

Arguing with extreme right wingers can be dangerous for your health!

These lunatics think that, somewhere in the world, there is an utopia where there are no taxes, and no one in charge!

Anyone with a brain knows a utopia will never exist as long as there are immoral people, which is fine. We just advocate leaving people alone unless they create victims.

I feel it is quite unjust and immoral to force people at gunpoint to follow any agenda, no matter how well intentioned or successful it may or may not be.

The government does not need a gun in your face, that's old school. Now, it's done psychologically; less violent, more effective. Someday the people of this country are gonna realize that the government doesn't give a lick about them. It's interested in its own power, keeping it and expanding it wherever possible. I will fight for my country, but, not for my government.

Forum List

Back