Does it bother you that our entire government is based on forcing people via gunpoint

Being I'm a grownup, it doesn't bother me that we have a government. Being a grownup, I understand that I don't always get to do what I want. A lot of libertarians and conservatives obviously feel otherwise. They're more like sullen teenagers slamming the door and yelling "You're not the boss of me!".

Guess what. Sometimes I _am_ the boss of you. And sometimes you're the boss of me. That is life. You can throw tantrums over it if you want, but it just makes you look ridiculous.

Being I'm a grownup, it doesn't bother me that we have a government. Being a grownup, I understand that I don't always get to do what I want. A lot of libertarians and conservatives obviously feel otherwise. They're more like sullen teenagers slamming the door and yelling "You're not the boss of me!".

Guess what. Sometimes I _am_ the boss of you. And sometimes you're the boss of me. That is life. You can throw tantrums over it if you want, but it just makes you look ridiculous.

So you believe the Founding Fathers were just a bunch of petulant children?

A fondness for the taste of boot polish doesn't make you "grown up."

Last edited:

Yeah, no.

How does that translate to "just a bunch of petulant children?"

Wow... is that really how you see libertarian concerns?? I'm not sure what led you to develop such a simplistic caricature of libertarianism, but you're really missing the point.

While it might seem tempting, renouncing one's citizenship has many drawbacks.

Among them: a large "exit tax" owed to the U.S. government upon leaving,

Should You Renounce Your U.S. Citizenship? - WSJ.com

there is also a 450$ fine for renouncing citizenship, you could call it a "Fee" if you want but fees are generally for services rendered and im not sure what service is being provided to me if im leaving lol

I have always told you that if you are polite, I will be the same, and that if you are an ass, I will kick your face in metaphorically. As I have.

So, let's be nice.

You are never polite. The very fact of your lies is rude and insulting.

While it might seem tempting, renouncing one's citizenship has many drawbacks.

Among them: a large "exit tax" owed to the U.S. government upon leaving,

Should You Renounce Your U.S. Citizenship? - WSJ.com

there is also a 450$ fine for renouncing citizenship, you could call it a "Fee" if you want but fees are generally for services rendered and im not sure what service is being provided to me if im leaving lol

Super research, LL. From your source, I read "You might owe an exit tax. U.S. citizens who expatriate are treated as though they sold all of their property the day before they renounce, even if they will continue to own it and pay property or other taxes.

Capital gains (net of losses) are taxed at the current top rate of 15%, after an exemption of $651,000. The tax on some assets, such as an individual retirement account, will be at ordinary income rates up to 35%, notes Dean Berry, an attorney with Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft in New York.

The tax applies to U.S. taxpayers whose net worth is greater than $2 million or whose average annual income tax for the past five years is $151,000 (adjusted for inflation).

There are important exemptions; one involves people who have been dual citizens from birth. For more information, see the instructions to IRS form 8854."

In other words, the wealthy have to pay a tax to get out, the not-wealthy do not.

So you are partly right, and partly wrong.

Last edited:
Guess you just ignored the 450$ fine for everyone.

Besides why would poor people leave, they get all the rich people's money for free.

Guess you just ignored the 450$ fine for everyone.

Besides why would poor people leave, they get all the rich people's money for free.

The fee is not a fine, don't you get it? And the $ cost benefit analysis would be to encourage the not wealthy to get out as quickly as possible while making sure We the People get the taxes owed by the wealthy.

Isn't that basically what the Founding Fathers told king George, "You're not the boss of me?"

Wow... is that really how you see libertarian concerns?? I'm not sure what led you to develop such a simplistic caricature of libertarianism, but you're really missing the point.

Mamooth is just a jackass. There wasn't any intent on saying something insightful or honest.

Isn't that basically what the Founding Fathers told king George, "You're not the boss of me?"

The Declaration was an indictment of the Rule of Law that King George III ignored or abrogated. They, above all, followed Locke, and the consent of the governed is required in a government of Rule of Law. We the People have selected our leges and we support the appointment of our Judges. We are all subject to the Rule of Law.

The Declaration was an indictment of the Rule of Law that King George III ignored or abrogated. They, above all, followed Locke, and the consent of the governed is required in a government of Rule of Law. We the People have selected our leges and we support the appointment of our Judges. We are all subject to the Rule of Law.

Yada, yada, yada . . . . The bottom line is that they told King George he wasn't going to boss them around anymore. The Declaration of Independence is fundamentally a libertarian manifesto.

Forum List

Back