Does the Left have a solution for ISIS?

Best middle east policy = stay out of that hellhole

But it should be obvious that isn't going to stop radical Islamic terrorism around the world.

And, how do we function without the oil from the middle east?
We are the top oil producing nation on the planet. We are also pursuing alternative energy.

Stopping radical Islamic terrorism is not our job. In case you haven't noticed they are killing each other over there, and we are on the complete opposite side of the planet. There is nothing for us over there.

You must have slept through Ft Hood, San Berdardino and Boston
You claim every day that the US created ISIS. You want to know what would have prevented that? If we had stayed the fuck out of the middle east shithole. But we have idiots like you who say the middle east is our responsibility.

So when they do shit like 9/11 we just turn the other cheek? I agree stay out....but ONLY if we use our forces to establish the strictest borders and immigration checks in the world and severe deportation consequences for even small crimes.
The people who did 9/11 were trained and supplied by us. It wouldn't have happened if WE HADN'T FUCKING BEEN THERE.

Best middle east policy = stay out of that hellhole

But it should be obvious that isn't going to stop radical Islamic terrorism around the world.

And, how do we function without the oil from the middle east?
We are the top oil producing nation on the planet. We are also pursuing alternative energy.

Stopping radical Islamic terrorism is not our job. In case you haven't noticed they are killing each other over there, and we are on the complete opposite side of the planet. There is nothing for us over there.

You must have slept through Ft Hood, San Berdardino and Boston
You claim every day that the US created ISIS. You want to know what would have prevented that? If we had stayed the fuck out of the middle east shithole. But we have idiots like you who say the middle east is our responsibility.

Please show where I have ever said the US created ISIS, ISIS is just another wing of radical Islam. Then show me where I have ever said the ME is the US's responsibility. If it were it to me I'd let them war like they have for centuries...and will for the next century. The problem is they want to bring it here, do we sit and say bring it or do we take it to them?
Oh so you lied when you said if it were up to you you'd let them keep fighting. Because you want to "take it to them."

Strategy of the left since 9-11-2001

Urdb-World_sLargestWhiteFlagWavedInSurrenderToOhioRiver916_xl.png

We armed Al-Qaeda, the Taliban, and ISIS. Want to know how that could have been prevented? If we'd stayed the fuck out.

OP question is about what the plan is to deal with radical terrorism. I didn't ask for your opinion on why it exists or how it could have been prevented. We don't have a Time Machine, we can't go back and change things we've done. Try to stick with the topic and avoid becoming emotional.

Again, we are the number one oil producer on the planet. You want to make OPEC obsolete? Elect someone who will let us export oil. Actually, OPEC is already pretty obsolete because Saudi Arabia is doing whatever the hell it wants anyways.

Again, the OP question is not a debate over oil or OPEC.

Oh, or you could support alternative energies instead of succumbing to oil company propoganda. They're the richest companies on the planet in case you didn't know.

Again.... not answering the OP question.

Last edited:
In 18 months we have hit 9000 targets.

In the 1st Gulf War we hit 48000 targets in 6 weeks.

Obama's main goal has been to take out Assad. Thus the minimal effort hoping Assad will fall before ISIS falls. Thus he has dragged out the War.

Defeating ISIS in Syria isn't the issue. The issue is the will to defeat them there. Which would mean land and air. The final issue would be what to do with the dang place after ISIS gets stomped into the ground like tent stakes.

Forum List

Back