DOJ - Trump Can Be Sued Jan. 6 Riot Injuries.

Trump Can be Sued For January 6 Riot Injuries.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former President Donald Trump can be sued by injured Capitol Police officers and Democratic lawmakers over the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, the Justice Department said Thursday in a federal court case testing Trump’s legal vulnerability and the limits of executive power.

Although a president enjoys broad legal latitude to communicate to the public on matters of concern, the department wrote that “no part of a President’s official responsibilities includes the incitement of imminent private violence. By definition, such conduct plainly falls outside the President’s constitutional and statutory duties.”

The brief was filed by lawyers of the Justice Department’s Civil Division and has no bearing on a separate criminal investigation by a department special counsel into whether Trump can be criminally charged over efforts to undo President Joe Biden’s victory in the 2020 presidential election ahead of the Capitol riot. In fact, the lawyers note that they are not taking a position with respect to potential criminal liability for Trump or anyone else.
You know what would be even better? A criminal indictment.

Trump Can be Sued For January 6 Riot Injuries.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former President Donald Trump can be sued by injured Capitol Police officers and Democratic lawmakers over the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, the Justice Department said Thursday in a federal court case testing Trump’s legal vulnerability and the limits of executive power.

Although a president enjoys broad legal latitude to communicate to the public on matters of concern, the department wrote that “no part of a President’s official responsibilities includes the incitement of imminent private violence. By definition, such conduct plainly falls outside the President’s constitutional and statutory duties.”

The brief was filed by lawyers of the Justice Department’s Civil Division and has no bearing on a separate criminal investigation by a department special counsel into whether Trump can be criminally charged over efforts to undo President Joe Biden’s victory in the 2020 presidential election ahead of the Capitol riot. In fact, the lawyers note that they are not taking a position with respect to potential criminal liability for Trump or anyone else.
There was no incitement to imminent private violence. Fuck them, fire the entire Justice Department.

You know what would be even better? A criminal indictment.

I totally agree. All these MAGA MAGGOTS calling my original post fake news, hey guess what....the Associated Press is a highly respect news agency.

The video of the Traitor's address on 01-06 was broadcast not only in this country, but around the world Such video would be very hard to legally suppress, it is in the public domain and as such was easily viewed and recorded.

Incitement to Insurrection is NOT covered by Executive Privilege. It is however Unconstitutional and violates all kinds of Federal Law.

I totally agree. All these MAGA MAGGOTS calling my original post fake news, hey guess what....the Associated Press is a highly respect news agency.

The video of the Traitor's address on 01-06 was broadcast not only in this country, but around the world Such video would be very hard to legally suppress, it is in the public domain and as such was easily viewed and recorded.

Incitement to Insurrection is NOT covered by Executive Privilege. It is however Unconstitutional and violates all kinds of Federal Law.

Respected by you.

It's great that Trump is open to be sued. For me however, criminal indictment or bust. No more playing games with that orange bag of shit.

They can sue and they will lose. There was no incitement to violence ever by the president, indeed, the case can be made that it was the GOVERNMENT itself which did that! So if they sue, they will lose, it will go nowhere, and just be another leftwing ploy used during an election period trying to smear Trump's public perception again trying to throw an election in their favor because NO DEMOCRAT CAN EVER WIN WITHOUT CHEATING BY BEING HONEST.
JEEZUS!
Delusion much?

The little issue here is proving Trump did what you claim.

How's that working out, legally?
Hey I know let's wait and see what Smith has. The evidence at the 6th January attempted coup hearings was undeniable proof Trump incited his thugs to overthrow the elected US government. We all heard the evidence, you'd have to be deep in Trump cult to be in denial.

Hey I know let's wait and see what Smith has. The evidence at the 6th January attempted coup hearings was undeniable proof Trump incited his thugs to overthrow the elected US government. We all heard the evidence, you'd have to be deep in Trump cult to be in denial.
Undeniable proof from the leftwing stooges that hasn't been proven in any capacity in a court of law.

float-eat-me.gif

Good lord. This is beyond ridiculous.
You ain't seen nuthin' yet. As we get closer to '24 and the true believers begin to hear their own media saying he can't be stopped from running AND that he has a good chance to win, they are going to lose their minds. It really has become a mental health issue.

The world has been waiting 6 and a half years for treasonous criminal Democrats to come up with one, but none of them have been able to successfully manufacture evidence against Trump and pass it off as legit yet.

:auiqs.jpg:
Have patience. Maybe they'll get it done, even though they lost all the power they had. It's not like the republicans have anything better to do right now. Sad.

Forum List

Back