DOMA ruled unconstitutional

Irrelevant.

Was interracial marriage illegal in Alabama for 33 years after the SCOTUS ruled on Loving v. Virginia?
Well then your opinion of the good police officers is Irrelevant and stop comparing race with an abnormal act.

I am not comparing race with an abnormal act.

I am comparing two SCOTUS rulings and the time it took to remove the laws from the books.

Slow down prissy Race is not gay. but you are comparing a racial issue with a gay issue. When did the Supreme Court make a ruling on same sex marriage? They would have too over turn a few laws before you can add gay issues with racial issues.

He's using a word that was not found in the source he should have used technically invalidated which is what the source said.

i'm not sure which is your more impressive trait- stubbornness or a complete lack of acuity.

You're missing the point. technically invalidated is a little different than invalid. If something is technically invalidated does not change the fact that people are still being arrested. Invalid would mean people are no longer being arrested and the laws are no longer enforced.

But if anyone has a beef take it up with the pro gay source I used.

Did you actually look at that before you posted it?

That the law was technically invalidated means the law is no longer valid. It is just that simple.

That hateful people continue to arrest people on laws that are technically invalid is a sign of their own bigotry, not that sodomy is illegal.

He's using a word that was not found in the source he should have used technically invalidated which is what the source said.

i'm not sure which is your more impressive trait- stubbornness or a complete lack of acuity.

You're missing the point. technically invalidated is a little different than invalid. If something is technically invalidated does not change the fact that people are still being arrested. Invalid would mean people are no longer being arrested and the laws are no longer enforced.

But if anyone has a beef take it up with the pro gay source I used.

you're a moron.

no offense.

One can easily conclude that some of these silly laws were simply designed to get a laugh or to alleviate the boredom of local legislators. How else could you explain the following Texas law? "When two railroad trains meet at a crossing, each shall stop and neither shall proceed until the other has passed." But as for the rest, you can rest assured they reflect the public standards of the time. In fact, if you want to study how public values have changed over the years, there is no better place to start than with your state and local statutes. Not only will you glean some insight into our past prejudices, but also our best intentions. After all, who but a well-intentioned public official would make it a crime to molest butterflies in California?

Top Craziest Laws Still on the Books | LegalZoom

Well then your opinion of the good police officers is Irrelevant and stop comparing race with an abnormal act.

I am comparing two SCOTUS rulings and the time it took to remove the laws from the books.

Slow down prissy Race is not gay. but you are comparing a racial issue with a gay issue. When did the Supreme Court make a ruling on same sex marriage? They would have too over turn a few laws before you can add gay issues with racial issues.

Dancing around what I said again? I did not compare race and homosexuality.

I compared SCOTUS rulings and the time it took to get the laws off the books. That you want to make it about race or divert the topic shows you are too cowardly to answer the question I asked.

I compared SCOTUS rulings and the time it took to get the laws off the books. That you want to make it about race or divert the topic shows you are too cowardly to answer the question I asked.

No that's what you do you take words that were not used and act as if they were used. When did the Supreme Court rule on same sex marriage. That should be a simple question for you too answer.

One can easily conclude that some of these silly laws were simply designed to get a laugh or to alleviate the boredom of local legislators. How else could you explain the following Texas law? "When two railroad trains meet at a crossing, each shall stop and neither shall proceed until the other has passed." But as for the rest, you can rest assured they reflect the public standards of the time. In fact, if you want to study how public values have changed over the years, there is no better place to start than with your state and local statutes. Not only will you glean some insight into our past prejudices, but also our best intentions. After all, who but a well-intentioned public official would make it a crime to molest butterflies in California?

Irrelevant are people still being arrested?

No that's what you do you take words that were not used and act as if they were used. When did the Supreme Court rule on same sex marriage. That should be a simple question for you too answer.

Tell you what, I'll answer your question (When did the Supreme Court rule on same sex marriage.) if you will answer mine (Was interracial marriage illegal in Alabama between 1967 and 2000?).

Sound like a deal?

Are the laws against sodomy valid?

Tell you what, I'll answer your question (When did the Supreme Court rule on same sex marriage.) if you will answer mine (Was interracial marriage illegal in Alabama between 1967 and 2000?).

Sound like a deal?

Yes it was but people cannot help what the color of their skin is Race is not the same as gay.

Sound like a deal?

Yes it was but people cannot help what the color of their skin is Race is not the same as gay.
Sexual orientation is as immutable as race. Maybe that's the point you have failed to understand.

:eusa_hand:

maybe winterborn enjoys saying the same thing over and over to someone with all the intellectual capacity of a doorknob, but i've got a sock drawer to alphabetize.

have a nice day

Sound like a deal?

Sexual orientation is as immutable as race. Maybe that's the point you have failed to understand.

No it is not

Sound like a deal?

So you claim interracial marriage was illegal in Alabama until 2000? lmao

The Supreme Court has not ruled on gay marriage per se, as of yet.

Yep

Sound like a deal?

So you claim interracial marriage was illegal in Alabama until 2000? lmao

The Supreme Court has not ruled on gay marriage per se, as of yet.

per se? In other words no they haven't?

No it is not
If that's all the further you are willing to go to learn something you obviously know nothing about, then there is no point arguing any further. It's too bad that you lack the intellectual flexibility to learn what by now is widely known and accepted as true.

But the fact is sexual orientation is not a choice but an immutable factor in human beings. I know this flies in the face of whatever source you used to understand human nature. But it's true.

Forum List

Back