Donald Trump All For Putting The Ten Commandments In Schools

All this stuff just feels like election year political games. The Right makes a move like this just to get the Left to fight against religion and they use it for fuel to say the left doesn’t care about children. The Left always takes the bait.

I actually somewhat agree with you. The government has one goal and that's to keep this political war going.

I just can't agree with you one hundred percent because I don't honestly believe that the left (at least the ones in charge of the school curriculum) cares about children at all.

If they did they would be teaching them what they actually need to know in life and not be adding indoctrination to the reading, writing, and arithmetic curriculum. Which btw they seem to be taking out completely in a lot of school districts.

Parental rights mean you get to control what your kids are exposed to. Does it not? If not, what does parental rights mean?

Wow, we actually agree for once.

Western civilizations only have three of the commandments against the law

Islamic civilizations will punish you for all ten

Louisiana is implementing Sharia Law
Ah well. Foolish me for thinking you would be able to follow a discussion without trying to derail it. Still haven't taken that remedial reading course have you?

The topic is not about who keeps the commandments or who has broken them. But trying to divert the actual topic to that is pretty dishonest.
Why should we put a "List" in schools where even you don't believe in or Follow ALL 10.

Heavy Indoctrination.

The Ten Commandments reference the God of Moses

Passing a LAW requiring the posting that there can be no other God than the God of Moses establishes a religion

It’s a state law trying to put the Ten Commandments in schools. I’m not sure if that violates the cotus…since its not congress and is not a national thing.

Ah well. Foolish me for thinking you would be able to follow a discussion without trying to derail it. Still haven't taken that remedial reading course have you?

It is your claim that the Ten Commandments are the foundation of our laws
I am showing you that they are not

It’s a state law trying to put the Ten Commandments in schools. I’m not sure if that violates the cotus…since its not congress and is not a national thing.
Damn boi
You are Goofy

Google Supremacy Clause

Ohhh I see because it's an individual state trying to push it it's not considered a problem then?

Congress shall pass no laws respecting establishment of religion

First Commandment requires you to follow a religion
You shall have no other gods before Me
Does this pass a law establishing a national religion, Simp?

Very good, now look at this in context and see what Jesus said after this...

20 The young man said to him, “All these I have kept. What do I still lack?” 21 Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” 22 When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

Any time Jesus brings up the 10 commandments, He adds to them.
The man asked Jesus, "What do I still lack?"

All that means is that despite that man keeping the Ten Commandments (Religion-we learned it-we know it) there was something in his life that he loved more than anything else (his money-wealth-the blockage) and it was preventing him from following Jesus. Jesus told him check your heart on that matter then come follow me (Relationship-desire to have and love nothing in this world more than God and Jesus). Jesus... the way the truth and life we sheep follow Jesus.

We have to continue to strive for entrance into the Kingdom of Heaven and we have to continue to work out our salvation in fear and trembling... strive for the mark of the calling. It's not about being perfect in doing but in continuing to do. God works from a realm of continuum... from an east - west sphere of continuum. I could delve deeper, but I'll stop for now.

Just to be clear, Jesus was in no way at all telling that man to bypass keeping the Ten Commandments. As long as we love God and others we are automatically keeping the Ten Commandments. We are supposed to move from learning and knowing to the application of relational doing.

Forum List

Back