Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human.
Many whites still think this way today. Many right here on USMB.

Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.
That's why blacks don't get triggered as whites do over so-called Muslim terrorism, because we know who the real terrorists are.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?
Good question. We know the answer. Whites get incensed over being legally told to get health insurance. They were talking about armed resurrection over that. Getting mobs together with silly, little, yellow "Don't tread on me" flags and everything.

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.
Like I've posted before, whites are EXTREMELY uncomfortable with black outrage. They've never liked it, appreciated it or respected it, even when it's warranted, which it pretty is ALWAYS warrented. That's why Black Lives Matter is portrayed as the most violent thing since barbarism. It stemmed from somewhere.

By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.
Whenever you put a mirror in front of whites, they get incensed. They use terms like "reverse racism" and all sorts of other crazy, nonsensical, and bogus stuff, everything but face the truth.

It's been said by many outside of America looking in, especially the South Africans, that the main problem with America and it's problem with racism is that they've never addressed it, they've never owned up to it, and they've never been honest about it. Truer words have never been spoken.

Last edited:
King was a communist who cheated on his wife frequently. He was a tremendous advocate for Negro self-sufficiency and a color blind society.
So we honor his memory by not working,not going to school etc.
Source?

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are

Wow your older than I thought. I pictured you as a millennial (because you seem clueless and all about the hand-outs).

Anyways there is no doubt he was one of the most important Americans of all time. His message of non-violent civil discourse, while still respecting his country, and his push of the notion of togetherness and color blindness was extraordinary.

However his message has been polluted by leftism and very much forgotten. Civil right activists are more about hating others, ironically segregation and preferential treatment based on one’s skin color or religion and about anti-Americanism, anti-white and anti-semitism.

MLK would cry about what happen to his righteous movement.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

King was a communist who cheated on his wife frequently. He was a tremendous advocate for Negro self-sufficiency and a color blind society.
Source?
Don’t expect an answer from him. That loser doesn’t post here anymore.
This might help

Martin Luther King's "Abnormal" Sex Life of Orgies, Hookers... and Joan Baez—the newly released JFK File reveals all

affirmative action punishes the majority by giving preferential treatment to less qualified minorities.

I know very well what I am talking about, its you who should do some research before spouting left wing lies and talking points.
Moron... you even said, “if the goal is to punish...”

Punishment is not the goal, I don’t care how rightarded you are.

punishment is the result, no matter the stated goal. Don't be stupid. this is all about getting even for something that happened 200 years ago.
You know you’re crazy, right? Goals and results are separate matters. The goal of an offensive drive in football is to score a touch down. But sometimes it results in a safety. That doesn’t make safeties the goal of an offensive drive.

Punishment is not the goal of affirmative action.

Savvy?

more bullshit. If a white kid and a black kid apply to a college, both have the same ACT scores and grade point average, and the black kid gets accepted because he is black, has the white kid not been punished? Has the white kid not been discriminated against because of his skin color?
Again, moron.... I’m talking about goals, not results.

You have some kind of mental deficiency which prevents you from comprehending that.

Ok, what specifically is the goal? is it not give minorities special treatment? Is it not to get even for what happened 200 years ago? WHAT is the goal?

then he was lying when he said "judge people by the content of their character, not the color of their skin". Which is it?

You are capable of doing both

You can judge people on their character and you can help people who need help

bullshit, King's words and affirmative action are the exact opposites.

Dr King strongly supported affirmative action
It was necessary to correct past injustices

Martin Luther King Jr. explicitly supported what's now called affirmative action: Jarvis DeBerry

Stepen Oates, the author of a biography of King called Let The Trumpet Sound, quotes him thus: "A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for the Negro."

affirmative action is discrimination. MLK was against discrimination. You cannot make up for past discrimination by discriminating today.

No one living today was a slave or a slave owner.
But if the goal is to punish those who participated in the slave trade, shouldn't we punish the blacks in Africa who sold their brothers to dutch traders to be shipped to the new world? How about the muslims in Africa who enslave white women into the sex trade? Or the Thai sex trafficers? Why do you only want to punish whites in the USA who never had slavery, think it was a terrible time in our history, and condemn it in every way?

Of course he was against discrimination

He also recognized the economic disadvantage that blacks had at the time and the need to correct it

Helping those who need help

those disadvantages have been eliminated. Ask Ben Carson, Barack Obama, Sheila Jackson-Lee, Whoopi Goldberg, 90% of the NBA, 70% of the NFL.

Equal opportunity exists for all americans today. Sure, the road is steeper for some, but it always has been regardless of race.

a tiny fringe group. LOL. The Nazis of today are the far left hate groups like antifa, blm, and the MSM.
LOL

Name a left wing organization that supports Nazism...

the democrat party
:cuckoo:

You’re crazier than I thought.

are the dems not acting like Nazis on the DACA/immigration issues? Threatening to shut down the government in order to legalize millions of illegals?
Nazis were about nationalism, not immigration. Thanks for giving an example of how the right supports Nazism, though.

bullshit, Nazis were for government control and suppression of free speech. Much like the lefties of today.

did you miss the antifa violence at Berkley? Did you miss the BLM rants to kill cops? If destruction of public and private property and killing cops is not trying to violently overthrow the government, what is it?

Oklahoma city was one crazy lunatic with a fertilizer bomb. He is dead. He was nobody. He did not represent any movement or group, Just a lone mentally deranged hater.

as usual, your attempt at analogy fails.

OMG...tell me about that antifa violence
How many people were killed?

Not like that rightwing violence in Charletesville where they were running down people with a car

again, the guy in charletesville was a lone mentally disturbed asshole. He did not represent any organization or movement. another nice try, but another fail. Got any more?

Still a rightwing terrorist.....just like McVeigh

what right wing groups was he a member of? The guy was a nut case. He represents no one but himself. Your desperation is making you more stupid by the day.

You don't have to belong to a "group" to be a rightwing terrorist. You just have to subscribe to their hate speech and take action on it

those who participate in right wing hate speech are a tiny minority of morons. Those who participate in left wing hate speech include the dem party, Hollywood, most of the media, and the democrat party.

LOL

the democrat party

are the dems not acting like Nazis on the DACA/immigration issues? Threatening to shut down the government in order to legalize millions of illegals?
Nazis were about nationalism, not immigration. Thanks for giving an example of how the right supports Nazism, though.

bullshit, Nazis were for government control and suppression of free speech. Much like the lefties of today.

Well, the Right either is going to go extinct in this country, or suppress Leftism by hijacking Leftist institutions like the Nazis did.

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are

Wow your older than I thought. I pictured you as a millennial (because you seem clueless and all about the hand-outs).

Anyways there is no doubt he was one of the most important Americans of all time. His message of non-violent civil discourse, while still respecting his country, and his push of the notion of togetherness and color blindness was extraordinary.

However his message has been polluted by leftism and very much forgotten. Civil right activists are more about hating others, ironically segregation and preferential treatment based on one’s skin color or religion and about anti-Americanism, anti-white and anti-semitism.

MLK would cry about what happen to his righteous movement.

Total bullshit

I love it when conservatives try to define the Civil Rights movement which they despise
Their revisionist history of supporting the "old" movement while despising the "new" movement is BS.....they hated them both

OMG...tell me about that antifa violence
How many people were killed?

Not like that rightwing violence in Charletesville where they were running down people with a car

again, the guy in charletesville was a lone mentally disturbed asshole. He did not represent any organization or movement. another nice try, but another fail. Got any more?

what right wing groups was he a member of? The guy was a nut case. He represents no one but himself. Your desperation is making you more stupid by the day.

You don't have to belong to a "group" to be a rightwing terrorist. You just have to subscribe to their hate speech and take action on it

those who participate in right wing hate speech are a tiny minority of morons. Those who participate in left wing hate speech include the dem party, Hollywood, most of the media, and the democrat party.

They are the deplorables

There are enough of them to get Trump elected

a tiny fringe group. LOL. The Nazis of today are the far left hate groups like antifa, blm, and the MSM.
LOL

the democrat party

The elite are using Nazism as a tool to collapse Western civilization by brainwashing everyone to kick, and scream Nazi to make them hate Western culture, in America dividing Black American, and other White American leftists against the Right Wing is how they will collapse Western civilization, by brainwashing the masses through divide, and conquer manipulation.

They are the deplorables

The real deplorables are the people fighting for Whites to vanish off the face of the Earth by Multiculturalism.

They are the deplorables

The real deplorables are the people fighting for Whites to vanish off the face of the Earth by Multiculturalism.

You are being overly dramatic

It is not having whites vanish from the face of the earth but ending the stranglehold of power reserved exclusively for whites

They are the deplorables

It is not having whites vanish from the face of the earth but ending the stranglehold of power reserved exclusively for whites

They are the deplorables

They are the deplorables

The Zionists dominate the power structure, your'e fighting the wrong battle.

MLK might have been legit, but without a doubt BLM is a creation from the Jewish dominated media, to purposefully cover only Blacks murdered by police, even though more Whites are murdered by police, to rile up Blacks into a BLM frenzy, and White hating frenzy, to divide, and conquer America.

They are the deplorables

They are the deplorables

They are the deplorables

MLK might have been legit, but without a doubt BLM is a creation from the Jewish dominated media, to purposefully cover only Blacks murdered by police, even though more Whites are murdered by police, to rile up Blacks into a BLM frenzy, and White hating frenzy, to divide, and conquer America.

It's da JEWS!

i-dont-always-blame-people-for-things-but-when-i-do-i-blame-it-o.jpg

They are the deplorables

They are the deplorables

They are the deplorables

They are the deplorables

They are the deplorables

It's da JEWS!

They are the deplorables

It's da JEWS!

How it could be anything else, look at how it's okay to attack White Christians, and attacking Jews is the biggest no-no, and how the Jew Holocaust is by far the most known about Genocide.

We know there's a lot of powerful Jews dominating a lot of institutions, it's really not a secret.

They are the deplorables

They are the deplorables

They are the deplorables

It's da JEWS!

How it could be anything else, look at how it's okay to attack White Christians, and attacking Jews is the biggest no-no, and how the Jew Holocaust is by far the most known about Genocide.

We know there's a lot of powerful Jews dominating a lot of institutions, it's really not a secret.

You sound like Hitler

Source?
Don’t expect an answer from him. That loser doesn’t post here anymore.
This might help

Martin Luther King's "Abnormal" Sex Life of Orgies, Hookers... and Joan Baez—the newly released JFK File reveals all
In your article it says these were all allegations and nothing was verified. The orgy allegation should like BS to me. Not a shred of proof.

Hoover was out to get MLK, so if there was anything like that he would have make it public.

I do think he might have cheated on his wife. He was a great man and women toss themselves at such men. It is hard to fight temptation!

Forum List

Back