Durham Investigation Ends After 3 Years Of Searching, $40 Million Spent, And Nothing Found

the fbi is part of the doj you dumb shit

LOL

You moron, that doesn't make it part of the president's administration.

face-palm-gif.278959

Clinesmith was convicted of a single count of lying on a FISA warrant. That much is true.

The part about paying a Russian agent is nonsense.

Durham is a complete and utter failure. His prosecution of Sussman was an embarrassment.
Sorry you don’t like facts, I wouldn’t expect any less

Flynn plead guilty.

Durham didn't uncover anything. The only thing he proved was that Clinesmith made a typographical error on a warrant application.
Clinesmith pleaded guilty to making a false statement when it was just a typo?

A former FBI lawyer pleaded guilty Wednesday to altering an email that one of his colleagues relied on as he sought a court’s blessing to surveil a former Trump campaign adviser during the bureau’s 2016 investigation of Russia’s election interference.

Kevin Clinesmith, who worked in the FBI general counsel’s office starting in 2015, told a federal judge he thought at the time he was inserting truthful information, though he conceded he doctored the message.

“At the time, I believed the information I was providing in the email was accurate, but I am agreeing the information I inserted was not originally there and I inserted the information,” said Clinesmith, 38.

“You agree you intentionally altered the email to include information not originally in the email?” the judge asked.

“Yes, your honor,” Clinesmith responded.

Made a "typo," and pled out to a felony? His lawyer must have sucked!

wait some an executive agency isn’t part of the executive?

have you read sec 2 of the US Constitution?

Who monitors or oversees the FBI?​

The FBI’s activities are closely and regularly scrutinized by a variety of entities. Congress—through several oversight committees in the Senate and House—reviews the FBI’s budget appropriations, programs, and selected investigations. The results of FBI investigations are often reviewed by the judicial system during court proceedings. Within the U.S. Department of Justice, the FBI is responsible to the attorney general, and it reports its findings to U.S. Attorneys across the country. The FBI’s intelligence activities are overseen by the Director of National Intelligence.

Who monitors or oversees the FBI?​

The FBI’s activities are closely and regularly scrutinized by a variety of entities. Congress—through several oversight committees in the Senate and House—reviews the FBI’s budget appropriations, programs, and selected investigations. The results of FBI investigations are often reviewed by the judicial system during court proceedings. Within the U.S. Department of Justice, the FBI is responsible to the attorney general, and it reports its findings to U.S. Attorneys across the country. The FBI’s intelligence activities are overseen by the Director of National Intelligence.
and?

Since the FBI operates under the DOJ, and has congressional oversight, this isnt a source of abuse from the executive branch.

The DHS is much more likely to be a source of abuse from the executive.

Speaking of lying the the FBI......something you folks seem to take seriously ONLY when it isn't a Republican caught lying..
What “folks” am I?
What exactly was the ONLY case that Durham brought to trial?? Was it a real crime or a "process crime"
Probably. It’s the only type of crime any of these “Investigations” ever seem to turn up.

By the way.....do regular everyday people get a pass for committing "process crimes"??

Dont know. Care to cite someone being prosecuted by the DOJ for lying to the FBI recently? I’m not sure why anyone agrees to talk to them at this point. I wouldnt there’s no upside to it. .

Since the FBI operates under the DOJ, and has congressional oversight, this isnt a source of abuse from the executive branch.

The DHS is much more likely to be a source of abuse from the executive.
hahah the fbi is the doj, i don’t disagree the president can use other agencies under his authority to abuse

So after 3+ years and $40M+ it is solely up to Garland to decide what, if anything, will be made public from the report that Durham is preparing. What a joke.

Made a "typo," and pled out to a felony? His lawyer must have sucked!

Yeah, his lawyer did suck. He changed the email because he believed the information in it was incorrect.

45 million dollars spent, and all he came up with was one conviction for altering a document in error. Holy shit, really?

Yeah, his lawyer did suck. He changed the email because he believed the information in it was incorrect.
Then why did he plead guilty? He was a lawyer himself, he should have gone pro se rather than plead to a felony for a typo. Oh, wait. You said typo at first, but now you say that he deliberately changed it because he believed the information was incorrect?

Does that really make sense to you, that he got an email and said, "oopsie! They said 'is a source,' but I bet they meant to say 'is not a source.' Should I call them and ask them to resend it with the correct words? Naaaaah . . . it's so obvious that I can just make the change myself. Done."

Or did he think that they meant to say "is a source," but were mistaken because he knew better than they did who they were working with?

He did that in all honesty and integrity, but then pled to a felony?

I get that his lawyer would be willing to embarrass himself by making that claim. But you're doing it for free?

Do you believe that Carter Page was a source or was not a source?
45 million dollars spent, and all he came up with was one conviction for altering a document in error. Holy shit, really?
The DNC/DOJ/FBI spent far more than that, for a far longer period of time, and came up with zero convictions for Russian collusion. They could have had an easy one if they'd charged the Hillary campaign.

The Durham investigation was a sham right from the start. Barr never gave them the resources they needed.

And . . . you're an imbecile for thinking the FBI is part of the president's administration.

Do you see FBI in this link?

Forum List

Back