E Carroll Judge Boots Out Trump Voters From Jury Selection

Just curious...

Has there been any reliable confirmation that if someone just voted for Trump that they were rejected for jury duty?

WW
It's a great point of contention I'll tell you that.
If the applications are reviewed and that one thread does indeed exist throughout the rejections it's a valid monkey wrench.

Who the fuck is going to select a juror that thinks the 2020 election was stolen? Hyper-partisan candidates should not be part of the jury pool. It's bad enough we have that **** bitch judge Eileen Cannon down in Florida dragging her partisan feet in the classified documents case.

Juror's should be objective, fair and intelligent. There isn't a single Trump supporter in the entire country that fits that bill!
Number 1, that's not what they asked them.
That isn't the issue in the lawsuit.
And it's none of their business how people voted.

" THERE ISN'T A SINGLE TRUMP SUPPORTER THAT FITS THAT DESCRIPTION "

You just enumerated a perfect fail for the case if that's the attitude being used....sounds like it is.

BUT! Don't be surprised if all the rejections have that in common. I'd say given the political atmosphere here it's possible.
What part of jury of your peers don't you understand?

Who the fuck is going to select a juror that thinks the 2020 election was stolen? Hyper-partisan candidates should not be part of the jury pool. It's bad enough we have that **** bitch judge Eileen Cannon down in Florida dragging her partisan feet in the classified documents case.

Number 1, that's not what they asked them.

1705795040442.png

WW

Liberals love what is happening with E Carrol, unless of course, it was happening to them.. What goes around comes back around.

You Liberals think its fair she is getting an all Liberal Jury?

View attachment 890979

WW
Read the OP. That question did not ask how the juror voted. I believe it is an improper question, but bottom line, during voir dire, they don't need a reason to dismiss. However their challenges are limited.

Read the OP. That question did not ask how the juror voted.

1705795452157.png

Ya, that was the claim of the OP not based on reporting, but because some random guy on Twitter said it.

I believe it is an improper question, but bottom line, during voir dire, they don't need a reason to dismiss. However their challenges are limited.

#1 I agree, there is no evidence that such a question was asked.

#2 You mis-state voir dire. The Bench has unlimited dismissals. It's the claimant/respondent (civil) and prosecutor/defendant (criminal) that have a limited number of challenges.

WW

View attachment 890980

Ya, that was the claim of the OP not based on reporting, but because some random guy on Twitter said it.

#2 You mis-state voir dire. The Bench has unlimited dismissals. It's the claimant/respondent (civil) and prosecutor/defendant (criminal) that have a limited number of challenges.

WW
The Bench is also subject to scrutiny however...and in this case should the defense find a common thread in the rejections.....it's a potential mistrial.

View attachment 890980

WW
The bench has NO challenges under voir dire. Those are reserved for the defense and prosecution from what I can find. If you can find something that says a sitting judge can dismiss under the selection process, I would be interested in seeing it.

The Bench is also subject to scrutiny however...and in this case should the defense find a common thread in the rejections.....it's a potential mistrial.

The OP claimed they asked how they voted and rejected them if they didn't answer "No".

Source? Some random guy on the internet.

You really think a Judge with 30 years on the bench is going to do that?

I mean a lawyer that has to be schooled on evidence 101 and who was the lawyer for parking garage maybe? But a 30 year Federal Judge? Highly doubtful without proof.

(And yes, jurors are rejected all the time for being affiliated with a defendant.)

WW

Forum List

Back