Ebola Containment In The Us > Your Thoughts & Ideas

How would you stop ebola in the US?

• Prohibit air entry for persons coming out of africa, let them take slow boats

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Do what the Obama admin recommends, (i.e. ebola can't hit the US)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Other option, I'll explain in my post

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
There is no way that I can think of to express the full extent of my amusement at this thread.

I think I can honestly say this is the most hysterical post I've seen in the 5 years I've been posting on this board.
What about it makes you laugh so hard? The high mortality rate of ebola patients? Or that its showing up in the US?

What makes me laugh so hard is that the extent of your delusional fear of ebola is so great that you're honestly suggesting building concentration camps in America.

I'd rather die from ebola than live in a hysterical fear-driven authoritarian regime that so concerned about "safety" that "liberty" disappears.

I laugh because it's better than crying.

Give me Liberty or give me death. Ebola is death.

Which part of that don't you understand? U.S. customs already has checks in place for foreign travel. Do you have anything to declare sir?

Did my liberty just die........Taking your temp and asking you where you have traveled......oops its on the passport........Have your liberties died by showing your passport?

Sir, you have been to Liberia........New laws require extra screening please proceed to the right and a U.S. customs agent will ask you questions and inform you of precautions to take since you have traveled to an area with a known infectious disease...........

MY GOD.......the rights lost to this person.......he had to get extra screening by U.S. customs...........

Hysterical loss of Civil Liberties.

Sometimes liberty is dangerous.

Ebola is death. So are a hundred million other things, all around us. Half a million people die of the flu every year. Car accidents kill another million and a quarter.

I'm a lot more likely to be killed by a driver with the flu than I am to get ebola - should we set up "flu" checkpoints on the highway?

OMG, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! LOL!

The Horse you rode in on.

Some choose to live in Reality, and others don't. Ebola is real. The death caused by it is real. Realistic people understand that there are times that our country should take extra precautions to attempt to limit the possibility of the virus coming here.

That doesn't mean we are jumping up and down saying EVERYONE IS GOING TO DIE........That is a straw man argument for the politically Lame Ass Party.

I watched Fox News today, and they were hysterical. People are hysterical on this thread, and that includes you.

Now sing with me...

That is a matter of opinion and some discard your opinion as a joke from the onset of the first letter you type.

Adults look at matters in this world with Reality. And use logic and reason to make opinions on topics like this one. And people like me are saying that we need to Isolate the disease to Ebola Land. If that means people have to take extra steps at the airport then so be it.

In Sierra Leon, they have placed 2 million people on house arrest for a period of 3 weeks in hopes of finding all who have the disease so they can end the spread. That is a drastic measure in a place that is fighting the spread of this disease.

Some people would say that is a loss of Civil Liberties of these people. Others would say this is common sense and a rational attempt to stop the disease. I hope it works there.

This topic is big news now unless you live under a rock. So these threads will continue to have many threads as people discuss current events in the world. Those that think our current policy of not limiting travel will post as you do. Calling us fear mongers and scared because that is what you do in defense of your opinions and ideals. That is your problem and not mine.

The WHO and CDC has stated that they don't want travel bans at this time. Saying modern countries can stop the spread if it gets to these countries.

I disagree with that, as I would rather put other road blocks in effect to attempt to try and isolate this disease.

I think I'll go with the CDC on this one....you know, the professionals.

I choose not to agree........that is the situation is it not............You don't have to be a professional bio-engineer to have an opinion on the subject...................

I will maintain that we should limit, ban, and/or test travelers from that region. I don't give a rats ass who disagrees with that opinion.

I don't think you're going to get your way, so you might as well get happy.

There is no way that I can think of to express the full extent of my amusement at this thread.

I think I can honestly say this is the most hysterical post I've seen in the 5 years I've been posting on this board.
What about it makes you laugh so hard? The high mortality rate of ebola patients? Or that its showing up in the US?

What makes me laugh so hard is that the extent of your delusional fear of ebola is so great that you're honestly suggesting building concentration camps in America.

I'd rather die from ebola than live in a hysterical fear-driven authoritarian regime that so concerned about "safety" that "liberty" disappears.

Which part of that don't you understand? U.S. customs already has checks in place for foreign travel. Do you have anything to declare sir?

Did my liberty just die........Taking your temp and asking you where you have traveled......oops its on the passport........Have your liberties died by showing your passport?

Sir, you have been to Liberia........New laws require extra screening please proceed to the right and a U.S. customs agent will ask you questions and inform you of precautions to take since you have traveled to an area with a known infectious disease...........

MY GOD.......the rights lost to this person.......he had to get extra screening by U.S. customs...........

Ebola is death. So are a hundred million other things, all around us. Half a million people die of the flu every year. Car accidents kill another million and a quarter.

I'm a lot more likely to be killed by a driver with the flu than I am to get ebola - should we set up "flu" checkpoints on the highway?
Apples to oranges.

Tell me the death rate of the Flu in comparison to Ebola.
Your argument is out of context of the reality of the situation.

Do we have 20 threads going about heart disease? It's the number one killer in this country.

The Horse you rode in on.

Some choose to live in Reality, and others don't. Ebola is real. The death caused by it is real. Realistic people understand that there are times that our country should take extra precautions to attempt to limit the possibility of the virus coming here.

That doesn't mean we are jumping up and down saying EVERYONE IS GOING TO DIE........That is a straw man argument for the politically Lame Ass Party.

I watched Fox News today, and they were hysterical. People are hysterical on this thread, and that includes you.

Now sing with me...

That is a matter of opinion and some discard your opinion as a joke from the onset of the first letter you type.

Adults look at matters in this world with Reality. And use logic and reason to make opinions on topics like this one. And people like me are saying that we need to Isolate the disease to Ebola Land. If that means people have to take extra steps at the airport then so be it.

In Sierra Leon, they have placed 2 million people on house arrest for a period of 3 weeks in hopes of finding all who have the disease so they can end the spread. That is a drastic measure in a place that is fighting the spread of this disease.

Some people would say that is a loss of Civil Liberties of these people. Others would say this is common sense and a rational attempt to stop the disease. I hope it works there.

This topic is big news now unless you live under a rock. So these threads will continue to have many threads as people discuss current events in the world. Those that think our current policy of not limiting travel will post as you do. Calling us fear mongers and scared because that is what you do in defense of your opinions and ideals. That is your problem and not mine.

The WHO and CDC has stated that they don't want travel bans at this time. Saying modern countries can stop the spread if it gets to these countries.

I disagree with that, as I would rather put other road blocks in effect to attempt to try and isolate this disease.

I choose not to agree........that is the situation is it not............You don't have to be a professional bio-engineer to have an opinion on the subject...................

I will maintain that we should limit, ban, and/or test travelers from that region. I don't give a rats ass who disagrees with that opinion.

And I'll voice my opinion none the less.......I have done so with my Senator..........

And will continue to push for travel limits and bans in this situation. This is a Free country and I'll speak my mind whether or not the current administration or Gov't agrees or not. Whether you agree or not.......

This virus needs to have road blocks on it's spread. That is my position and will remain my position irregardless of your comical posts.

Now sing with me...

And I'll voice my opinion none the less.......I have done so with my Senator..........

And will continue to push for travel limits and bans in this situation. This is a Free country and I'll speak my mind whether or not the current administration or Gov't agrees or not. Whether you agree or not.......

This virus needs to have road blocks on it's spread. That is my position and will remain my position irregardless of your comical posts.

You do that, Buckey. And I will continue to enjoy life to its fullest. :banana:

You do that, Buckey. And I will continue to enjoy life to its fullest. :banana:

Dang.........That is intense.....a dancing banana.........When I'm watching the Great SEC games tomorrow...........I'll be going GREAT pass.............Oh shit Ebola......Touch Down...Roll Tide........Oh shit Ebola.............I'm glad you are like a cat........Easy to amuse.

The private sector would do just fine if the government didn't meddle in everything.

The first thing the private sector would have done would have been to shut down flights from W. Africa.

But unfortunately, our government not only fucks up everything it touches, it makes it impossible for anyone else to take charge. You have the CDC prancing around telling the world there's no problem, Obama saying we have it all under control, and you know what? Stupid people believe them. In their rush to assure everybody that it was A-Ok, they kept information from the hospitals and the airlines....

The *pro-science* and *pro-education* progressives strike again...and again their efforts to keep knowledge from people and deny the science leads to deaths, sickness, despair. What else is new.

BZZZT Wrong! If it was up to the private sector they would be offering reduced rates to people in West Africa to fly to the USA for treatments that other private sector corporations would be using to rip off the sick with promises of a fake cure.

The OP wants to set up concentration camps in abandoned schools with on site incinerators surrounded by armed guards?

Now where did he get that idea from?
I guess hospital isolation wards are also "concentration camps" by your definition. I mean, the patients there are not at liberty to walk around and mingle with the other patients. Sounds like a death camp to me.

Seriously, when someone in your neighborhood comes down with ebola, you'll be changing your mind about being prepared in advance. So we'll just proceed as if time has elapsed and you've already arrived there mentally...

What you were describing weren't hospital isolation wards, they were death camps.

1. panic

2. Spread mistrust of the CDC so no one cooperates with them.

3. Call for martial law.

4. vote Republican

^thats pretty much what the cons are doing

This post displays the abysmal ignorance that is going to be our collective demise. Here's how...let me give you an analogy.

Let's say people are chickens. And what you just said is "more chickens die from crossing the road than disease". That's because farmers are hypervigilant about the spread of disease because their livelihoods depend on it. But if chickens weren't isolated in coops on individual farms and were just running around all over the place with their liberties and civil rights all in place, a disease like coccidiosis would spread like wildfire. You could have half the chicken population of the world knocked out in a jiffy.

Infectious disease doesn't behave like static statistics for other types of deaths like you just mentioned. Those remain relatively level on the graph year after year. Infectious disease makes the line on the graph go vertical instead of horizontal....

The trouble begins when the disease begins to not just overwhelm individual immune response, but when the dead and dying begin to overwhelm infrastructure. That's when you get a dark age in a civilization. WHAM! Gone.

So don't talk about car accidents like people can catch them from each other. When you speak with authority like that on something you know nothing about, you cause people to die from misinformation.

1. panic

3. Call for martial law.

4. vote Republican

Any jackass who makes this epidemic about politics should be hung for treason.

Let me amend my answer.

1. panic

3. Call for martial law.

4. Hang anyone that doesn't panic.

5. Vote Republican

Btw I see the CDC has narrowed it down from 100 to 9 that May have had direct exposure but FAUX isn't reporting that.

I read that ebola carrying mosquitoes have already been found in Texas.

No, mosquitoes don't seem to be a vector for Ebola. Ebola seems to require a mammal for reservoir purposes - maybe other primates, bats. There was some discussion about a possible plant reservoir - but that would be in Africa. Read In the Hot Zone for details.

In the New World, presumably the only vector/reservoir would be humans.
I have read that Bat guano is a source of Ebola.

All travel from the "hot spot" countries should be banned immediately. All US citizens, naturalized or native born have 72 hours to repatriate( with screening only at the departure point) After 72 hours have elapsed, they cannot come back. All Visas and passports from those countries are cancelled forthwith.
The ban will be lifted when the virus is fully contained.
Close our Southern border to all illegal incursions. Use military force if necessary.

All travel from the "hot spot" countries should be banned immediately. All US citizens, naturalized or native born have 72 hours to repatriate( with screening only at the departure point) After 72 hours have elapsed, they cannot come back. All Visas and passports from those countries are cancelled forthwith.
The ban will be lifted when the virus is fully contained.
Close our Southern border to all illegal incursions. Use military force if necessary.

Realistically speaking what are the chances of you catching Ebola?

We haven't had a single death in the US from this disease.

A few years ago..one of my neighbor's grandkids got a brain eating amoeba from swimming in a local pond. He died. Its like a one in 10,000,000 chance of one of these things ( naegleria )killing you. You are less likely to contract Ebola.

The pond is still there and kids are swimming in it every summer day.

We haven't had a single death in the US from this disease.

A few years ago..one of my neighbor's grandkids got a brain eating amoeba from swimming in a local pond. He died. Its like a one in 10,000,000 chance of one of these things ( naegleria )killing you. You are less likely to contract Ebola.

The pond is still there and kids are swimming in it every summer day.

Precisely.

The panic that we are hearing is coming from the same group whose emote about Obama and the Dems on a regular basis. The Hate AM talking heads are probably stirring up their fear of Ebola (and ISIS) in order to keep up their ratings.

Realistically speaking the risk is negligible for the average American.

Forum List

Back