Ebola Containment In The Us > Your Thoughts & Ideas

How would you stop ebola in the US?

• Prohibit air entry for persons coming out of africa, let them take slow boats

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Do what the Obama admin recommends, (i.e. ebola can't hit the US)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Other option, I'll explain in my post

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
1) Screening new arrivals at airports for symptoms of the virus.

2) Requiring new arrivals from Africa to state on arrival forms whether they have been to areas with Ebola, or made conduct with people that may have had the disease.

The non-serious answer: Make everyone that arrives from Africa wear, 'I'm with Ebola' t-shirts from now on, as the CDC doesn't check up on new arrivals, and just expects everyone with Ebola to call in when they get sick (even if they are bed ridden and are too sick to reach a phone).

There is no way that I can think of to express the full extent of my amusement at this thread.

I think I can honestly say this is the most hysterical post I've seen in the 5 years I've been posting on this board.

1) Screening new arrivals at airports for symptoms of the virus.

2) Requiring new arrivals from Africa to state on arrival forms whether they have been to areas with Ebola, or made conduct with people that may have had the disease.

The non-serious answer: Make everyone that arrives from Africa wear, 'I'm with Ebola' t-shirts from now on, as the CDC doesn't check up on new arrivals, and just expects everyone with Ebola to call in when they get sick (even if they are bed ridden and are too sick to reach a phone).
The ebola virus is far too serious to trust to fallible grunt workers at airports and self-reporting of people with incentive to lie in order to reach the US's healthcare system if they suspect they're infected.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too serious.

There is no way that I can think of to express the full extent of my amusement at this thread.

I think I can honestly say this is the most hysterical post I've seen in the 5 years I've been posting on this board.
What about it makes you laugh so hard? The high mortality rate of ebola patients? Or that its showing up in the US?

I can't board an airplane with a screwdriver, but I can sit next to someone infected with a Slate Cleaning level IV pathogen.

Nice knowing you all

I can't board an airplane with a screwdriver, but I can sit next to someone infected with a Slate Cleaning level IV pathogen.

Nice knowing you all
What I think the WHO [World Health Organization] has to be contemplating at this moment is shutting down all flights coming from the US into other countries until the US displays a higher level of competancy and forethought...and hardest of all....HONESTY in dispensing ALL information, the good, the bad and the ugly about this virus.

It is known that many other viruses, for instance, can be transmitted by asymptomatic people...suppressing or altering the fact that they do not know for certain ebola cannot be spread this way is GROSS NEGLIGENCE at the cost of human life...and possibly entire cultures who play along with the US's fools-policy regarding importing ebola here and shrouding the nature of how easily it's spread. An entire other conversation about zoonotic potentials [animal carriers known and unknown to exist] needs to be had as well...

How To Protect Yourself Against Ebola

This week saw the first confirmed case of Ebola virus within the United States, the latest development in an outbreak that has already claimed over 3,000 lives. Here are some ways you can protect yourself against this deadly disease:

• Boil all bodily fluids before consumption.
  • Regularly examine your DNA under an electron microscope for any indication that Ebola has attached itself to your cell membranes.
  • Recognize the symptoms of Ebola, which include fever, chills, and developing symptoms too late to do anything about them.
  • Cover the nose and mouth of Ebola patients when they sneeze to avoid spreading germs.
  • Avoid eating bat soup, which is actually pretty sound advice whether there’s an ongoing Ebola outbreak or not.
  • Ebola can only be spread once patients are symptomatic, so if you believe you’ve been exposed, get all your errands and public trips out of the way before your symptoms start showing.
  • Be sure to stay up to date on developments by signing up for the official CDC phone tree.
  • Try being born one of the 15 percent of rural Gabonese citizens with natural immunity to the virus.
  • Give billions of dollars to pharmaceutical companies.
  • If you see a suspicious-looking filamentous virus particle roughly one micron in length, stay away.
  • Continue following lifelong plan of avoiding Dallas, TX at all costs.

How To Protect Yourself Against Ebola The Onion - America s Finest News Source

The OP wants to set up concentration camps in abandoned schools with on site incinerators surrounded by armed guards?

Now where did he get that idea from?

Every day they announce another case in the US....
When do we start to worry....

To begin with, I'd clean out the apartment building where the infected person was vomiting and shitting all over the place, and place all the inhabitants in quarantine.

Yeah I would have done that, I dunno, maybe on the 24th? The first time he went to the hospital, sick with ebola...

Since conservatives believe that the private sector can do better at anything compared to the government,

how about the government just do NOTHING regarding Ebola,

and let the genius private sector handle it?

Good idea?

What about it makes you laugh so hard? The high mortality rate of ebola patients? Or that its showing up in the US?

What makes me laugh so hard is that the extent of your delusional fear of ebola is so great that you're honestly suggesting building concentration camps in America.

I'd rather die from ebola than live in a hysterical fear-driven authoritarian regime that so concerned about "safety" that "liberty" disappears.

I laugh because it's better than crying.

The private sector would do just fine if the government didn't meddle in everything.

The first thing the private sector would have done would have been to shut down flights from W. Africa.

But unfortunately, our government not only fucks up everything it touches, it makes it impossible for anyone else to take charge. You have the CDC prancing around telling the world there's no problem, Obama saying we have it all under control, and you know what? Stupid people believe them. In their rush to assure everybody that it was A-Ok, they kept information from the hospitals and the airlines....

The *pro-science* and *pro-education* progressives strike again...and again their efforts to keep knowledge from people and deny the science leads to deaths, sickness, despair. What else is new.

Since conservatives believe that the private sector can do better at anything compared to the government,

how about the government just do NOTHING regarding Ebola,

and let the genius private sector handle it?

Good idea?
So you want to turn over border control and immigration to the private sector now? The government doing nothing on the borders can't be overcome.

Forum List

Back