Ebola: Dallas Texas: Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola: Hospital

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola: Hospital

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, where an Ebola patient died last week, has tested positive for the virus after a preliminary test, the hospital said early Sunday in a statement.

Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola Hospital - NBC News

I hope they did not pass it on or they were quarantined early. My thought with them and their family.

I agree. Hope they haven't spread it further, and for the survival of the next Ebola patient. In Africa the Medical Workers have paid a heavy toll for treating the disease. Last I heard over 400 got the disease with over 200 dying from it.

When they treat an Ebola patient they are risking their lives.

The article stated "they expected it". Thanks for sharing that Dallas.
There's more coming, so take your vitamin D.

Yep, and they say the person was wearing a full blown suit. How the hell????

-Geaux

RUETERS- BREAKING NEWS: Infected healthcare worker was wearing full protective gear when treating original Ebola patient in Dallas: health official

I agree. Hope they haven't spread it further, and for the survival of the next Ebola patient. In Africa the Medical Workers have paid a heavy toll for treating the disease. Last I heard over 400 got the disease with over 200 dying from it.

When they treat an Ebola patient they are risking their lives.

And they are sending the 101st Airborne to Africa.

Lock and load folks and smoke em if you got em

-Geaux

-Geaux

RUETERS- BREAKING NEWS: Infected healthcare worker was wearing full protective gear when treating original Ebola patient in Dallas: health official

I would guess that if they had the correct suits, it would be in the decon stage that is spreading it. It's not so easy getting out of a suit without accidentally touching the outer surface of the suit. You must do it in a precise manner to avoid touching the outer surfaces....and/or the decon or spraying them down process isn't killing the disease as stated.

I've had to get out suits without touching, and it isn't so easy. It's a standard training situation when working at a Nuclear Power plant to avoid contact with alpha particles.

-Geaux

I would guess that if they had the correct suits, it would be in the decon stage that is spreading it. It's not so easy getting out of a suit without accidentally touching the outer surface of the suit. You must do it in a precise manner to avoid touching the outer surfaces....and/or the decon or spraying them down process isn't killing the disease as stated.

I've had to get out suits without touching, and it isn't so easy. It's a standard training situation when working at a Nuclear Power plant to avoid contact with alpha particles.

Folks can laugh now or cry later but I think the facts will soon be clear. Worst case scenario is Obama's martial law is coming. Cities will be quarantined off, and......

Get the FEMA coffins ready

-Geaux

Second person in isolation as Texas healthcare worker diagnosed with Ebola
He added: “The patient’s condition is stable. In addition, a close contact has also been proactively placed in isolation. The caregiver and the family have requested total privacy, so we can’t discuss any more details of the situation.”
Dr Varga added that the hospital was not taking any other emergency patients. Answering questions, he said the healthcare worker was wearing full protection gear and following all CDC guidelines when he or she made contact with Duncan.

oh boy...

He added: “The patient’s condition is stable. In addition, a close contact has also been proactively placed in isolation. The caregiver and the family have requested total privacy, so we can’t discuss any more details of the situation.”
Dr Varga added that the hospital was not taking any other emergency patients. Answering questions, he said the healthcare worker was wearing full protection gear and following all CDC guidelines when he or she made contact with Duncan.

oh boy...
Who would go there anyway....may as well shut the place down.

The health worker who has contracted Ebola was not among the people whom public health workers had identified as being at high risk of exposure to Thomas Eric Duncan, the first person to die of Ebola in the United States.

The health care worker had been monitoring for signs of the disease and had not come to work for the last two days. The person's precautions included checking for fever twice daily.

Health care worker at Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas tests positive for Ebola Dallas Morning News

a neighbor says she thinks she is a nurse.

According to this shrink, Eboma loves this

-Geaux

An Ebola outbreak is being allowed by President Obama because he “wants America to suffer” along with the rest of the world. This is the charge leveled by Fox News columnist Keith Ablow (pictured above), who is also a psychiatrist.

“I believe the President may literally believe we should suffer along with less fortunate nations. And if he does, that is a very dangerous psychological stance from which to confront Ebola,” Ablow said.

Ebola Outbreak: President Allowing Spread Because He ‘Wants America To Suffer,’ Columnist Says

Read more at Ebola Outbreak President Allowing Spread Because He 8216 Wants America To Suffer 8217 Columnist Says

-Geaux

An Ebola outbreak is being allowed by President Obama because he “wants America to suffer” along with the rest of the world. This is the charge leveled by Fox News columnist Keith Ablow (pictured above), who is also a psychiatrist.

“I believe the President may literally believe we should suffer along with less fortunate nations. And if he does, that is a very dangerous psychological stance from which to confront Ebola,” Ablow said.

Ebola Outbreak: President Allowing Spread Because He ‘Wants America To Suffer,’ Columnist Says

Read more at Ebola Outbreak President Allowing Spread Because He 8216 Wants America To Suffer 8217 Columnist Says

You really don't know how to place responsibility where it belongs:

"Rest assured, our system is working as it should." Rick Perry, October 6, 2014

Ebola Case Puts Rick Perry In The Hotseat

Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola: Hospital

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, where an Ebola patient died last week, has tested positive for the virus after a preliminary test, the hospital said early Sunday in a statement.

Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola Hospital - NBC News

I hope they did not pass it on or they were quarantined early. My thought with them and their family.

oddly both her and the health care worker from Spain wore protective gear

-Geaux

suffer they will

the ebola out break is threatening the worlds chocolate supply

Ebola threatens chocolate - Bill Tomson - POLITICO.com

-Geaux

Perry has no power to stop flights from the hot zone......basically trying to clean up Feds mess

At this point I doubt anyone that is aware of this case.

oh boy...
Who would go there anyway....may as well shut the place down.

This rests with the hospital, the cdc and the Dallas judge and their health dept. This person was not even considered a contact as they call it, by the cdc, even though she had treated him.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Perry has no power to stop flights from the hot zone......basically trying to clean up Feds mess

What mess? You saw my quote above. "Oooopsss...." Maybe you missed it. His system is working.

-Geaux

There have been no Ebola patients from the hot zone...

Forum List

Back