Ed Snowden is a traitor

I should say I at first admired Snowden. Although I've always thought he should pay for his crimes, I was looking forward to a trial where Snowden would get to plead his case to a jury, who might actually decide to let him off. Since he has instead chosen to be a pussy and hide out with dictators, I have no admiration of him.

Obama expanded the Patriot act to allow himself the power to kill US citizens that he deems a threat. Snowden is running from one dictator and hiding behind another who does not like Obama.

It's kind of crazy watching you go full retard in this thread. I doubt people can pretend to be as ignorant as you are, I honestly think you're honestly clueless.

The President has always had the authority to eliminate military targets that threaten national security.

The President has never before had the power to assassinate US citizens without trail. Obama did that, Obama owns that, you voted for Obama so you own it as well.

Thanks for proving that having a PHD in today educational system means nearly nothing. If Snowden's information was false, then he broke no law, at best he is a liar. The only way Snowden could be viewed as a traitor is if there was truth the the secrets he exposed. if there is truth the the secrets, then Obama lied to every American and in fact Obama and his admin broke constitutional law.

Did Ed Snowden not take an oath of secrecy?

If I take an oath to secrecy, but then find out I'm part of a crime and do nothing and "we" end up getting caught, then I can be prosecuted and put in jail. The oath does not overpower US law.

Taking an oath does not mean if I get caught robbing banks that I get let off because I took an oath. You can't be this painfully stupid, can you?

We're not talking about you or about robbing banks, you're just being silly now.

Did Ed Snowden take an oath of secrecy?

Obama took an oath to Protect and uphold the constitution of America... he failed to do so. So of course you attack Snowden for showing the world that.

If I take an oath to protect government secrets - and the law says I must keep those secrets or suffer criminal penalties - that means I can release whatever secrets I want and not suffer the penalties, right?

Yes or no?

BTW, I bet our allies love us more after finding out we spy on them, thanks to Obama.

We have always spied on our allies you fucking idiot.

1: Yes, but Snowden witnessed a crime so in his case no.

Who is the person who committed the crime, what law defines the act as a crime, and what penalties are specified?

The Government does not have the right to break the law and then claim "we took an oath" as a get out of jail free card.

Who decides if the government has broken the law?

2: And so now you're ok with it because Obama is doing it or do you simply agree syping on your allies is a good thing. Regardless, of what you think, if our ally Governments knew it or not... now their citizens know it and hate the US more, all under Obama's watch.

I've always been against the release of national security secrets. I was against it when the Bush White House revealed the identity of a CIA agent and I'm against it when Ed Snowden does it, too.

Obama expanded the Patriot act to allow himself the power to kill US citizens that he deems a threat. Snowden is running from one dictator and hiding behind another who does not like Obama.

It's kind of crazy watching you go full retard in this thread. I doubt people can pretend to be as ignorant as you are, I honestly think you're honestly clueless.

The President has always had the authority to eliminate military targets that threaten national security.

The President has never before had the power to assassinate US citizens without trail. Obama did that, Obama owns that, you voted for Obama so you own it as well.

I didn't say he did. He has the authority to eliminate military targets that are imminent threats to our national security - period. It does not matter if they are U.S. citizens or not. The President has always had this authority.

Can you honestly sit their and tell me you would have complained if John Walkder Lindh had been killed in combat rather than taken alive?

Can you honestly sit their and tell me that U.S. soldiers have to check everyone's citizenship now before they shoot them?

Did Ed Snowden just happen to stumble across information he felt like the public needed to know?

"My position with Booz Allen Hamilton granted me access to lists of machines all over the world the NSA hacked," he told the Post on June 12. "That is why I accepted that position about three months ago."

Doesn't sound like it to me! Sounds like he sought out the job with the intent all along of violating his security agreement and U.S. law. That's how SPIES behave - not whistle blowers.

Snowden sought Booz Allen job to gather evidence on NSA surveillance | South China Morning Post

Wish there were more like him. And less partisan tools condemning him for his honestly.

Opma, you simply want to defend a criminal because he is a Democrat. The nation has slowly turned to not liking Obama, far more disapprove than approve an. As time creeps on that trend will continue.

I can't continue a discussion with someone as blindly partisan as yourself. Your so full of hate that you have become the very thing you hate. Oh well, it happens to some people.

Did Ed Snowden just happen to stumble across information he felt like the public needed to know?

"My position with Booz Allen Hamilton granted me access to lists of machines all over the world the NSA hacked," he told the Post on June 12. "That is why I accepted that position about three months ago."

Doesn't sound like it to me! Sounds like he sought out the job with the intent all along of violating his security agreement and U.S. law. That's how SPIES behave - not whistle blowers.

Snowden sought Booz Allen job to gather evidence on NSA surveillance | South China Morning Post

Wish there were more like him. And less partisan tools condemning him for his honestly.

Perhaps we should publish the names of all our secret agents on a website for everyone to see?

Opma, you simply want to defend a criminal because he is a Democrat. The nation has slowly turned to not liking Obama, far more disapprove than approve an. As time creeps on that trend will continue.

I can't continue a discussion with someone as blindly partisan as yourself. Your so full of hate that you have become the very thing you hate. Oh well, it happens to some people.

Perhaps we should publish the names of all our secret agents on a website for everyone to see?

Perhaps we should condemn every whistleblower who has ever spoke truth to power as an enemy-of-the-people. Is that the 'side' you want to be on?

Perhaps we should condemn every whistleblower who has ever spoke truth to power as an enemy-of-the-people. Is that the 'side' you want to be on?

Why? Anyone who wants to reveal government secrets is allowed to do so. Isn't that your position?

So people know the truth.

Apparently not, if folks SINCERELY believe that you can not be a democrat and a communist.

Read the Democratic party Platform and compare with the Nazi platform. The ONLY difference is the racist provisos.

Can you show the part of the Democratic platform that states all farms and all industry should owned by the state?

Thanks.

Wut?

Can you identify one economic activity that the democrats don’t favor regulating to the nth degree?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Why? Anyone who wants to reveal government secrets is allowed to do so. Isn't that your position?

ahh.. a strawman, how cute.

Is there anything Obama or the Democrats could do that you wouldn't support blindly? I bet not. Thing is, that makes pretty much everything you post 'throwaway' because there's obviously no critical thought behind it. Clearly, you're not interested in being taken seriously, but how much fun can it be just flinging your poo around like this?

Mark Levin is a patriot.

ahh.. a strawman, how cute.

Is there anything Obama or the Democrats could do that you wouldn't support blindly?

Flat tax. Fair tax. Lowering taxes on the wealthy

Reducing education loans and grants.

Eliminating ObamaCare

Keystone Pipeline

Do you want me to continue?

I bet not. Thing is, that makes pretty much everything you post 'throwaway' because there's obviously no critical thought behind it. Clearly, you're not interested in being taken seriously, but how much fun can it be just flinging your poo around like this?

You're not doing a very good job explaining yourself, instead you'd prefer to rely solely on the personal attack. This is why instead I have to ask you what you think and hope you'll give a yes no answer. Let me try again:

"Is it legal for anyone to reveal any government secret they like so long as they claim the government is violating the constitution" ?

"Is it legal for anyone to reveal any government secret they like so long as they claim the government is violating the constitution" ?

And if they are wrong.....hang them.

It wouldn't matter if he did. Such an oath would never supersede an oath to protect and defend the Constitution.

No individual administration or single government, be it left leaning or right, is more important than the principals and values that the nation was founded on. We are those values. If we abandon them, the nation will fall apart, on to be held together by a dictator police state, or any particular regime in power. Being commanded only by the power of fear, violence and the gun. What insane citizen would ever want that?

You're not doing a very good job explaining yourself, instead you'd prefer to rely solely on the personal attack.

I try really hard to avoid personal attacks on here. But you don't offer anything other than an asinine personality to attack. You certainly don't maintain anything like principled positions. As most people here - even those nominally on your 'side' - have come to recognize, you're nothing but a partisan cheerleader, and every single thing you post is disingenuous crap. You're only concerned about 'national security' and secrets when your fearless leader is caught with his pants down. No one buys the faux conservative angle, it only makes you look like a weasel.

And if they are wrong.....hang them.

If the government is keeping secrets, it is time to get a new government.

It wouldn't matter if he did. Such an oath would never supersede an oath to protect and defend the Constitution.

So if the oath taker claims he's protecting the Constitution, he's exempt from his secrecy oath? Why even bother making anyone take a secrecy oath, if all they have to do to be exempt from it is say they are protecting the Constitution?

Is it OK for government officials to do anything they like so long as they say they are protecting the Constitution or is it only OK for Ed Snowden to do that?

No individual administration or single government, be it left leaning or right, is more important than the principals and values that the nation was founded on. We are those values. If we abandon them, the nation will fall apart, on to be held together by a dictator police state, or any particular regime in power. Being commanded only by the power of fear, violence and the gun. What insane citizen would ever want that?

Can you please show me where in the Constitution it says judicial authority is vested in Ed Snowden?

Forum List

Back