Eden Garden of the GodS

What ya got?
It would be easier if you told me what you would accept. It's probably a shorter list.
Something that everyone can feel in the same way, like gravity does.
No 2 people ever experience the same thing in the same way.
Everyone feels gravity the same way. Please try again.
No they don't.
Different body weight, skeletal structure, muscle strength, IQ, emotional range, life experiences.
Nice try but not true by a long shot.
Yes, gravity has the same effect on everyone. That you’re fatter or whatever doesn’t make gravity act differently.

So you believe in a lot of stuff that you have no proof for?
I have faith in things that I have good reason to believe.
The only good reason is proof, of which you have none. So it’s more like wishful thinking.
Yep, none that you will accept.
You have nothing period. And if I won’t accept it, it’s because it’s not real proof, just your imagination.
How many times do you want to go through this, Taz?

No, I have no proof you will accept.

The only good reason is proof, of which you have none. So it’s more like wishful thinking.
I bet you don't see even one color the same way someone else does.
Too many factors.
What is that supposed to prove?
You stated quite emphatically that it takes everyone everyone having the same experience to be convinced of the veracity of a fact.
Your statement has never occurred in history regarding anything.
Find two people on the IMDB who post the same detailed review of a movie or 2 people on Amazon who post the same detailed review of a product and then interview them.
Their experiences will be similar but not nearly exact enough for either one of us to be convinced that we could walk up to a crowd and say, "I just met God!".

You have nothing period. And if I won’t accept it, it’s because it’s not real proof, just your imagination.

You have no proof period.

Are you bored or something?

Too many factors.
You stated quite emphatically that it takes everyone everyone having the same experience to be convinced of the veracity of a fact.
Find two people on the IMDB who post the same detailed review of a movie or 2 people on Amazon who post the same detailed review of a product and then interview them.
Their experiences will be similar but not nearly exact enough for either one of us to be convinced that we could walk up to a crowd and say, "I just met God!".
Total nonsense. The movie doesn’t change and is it’s own proof of existence, it doesn’t matter that one person cried and the other didn’t. The movie itself can be proven to exist. Your invisible god can’t be proven to exist in a consistent form like a movie can. Please try again.

The first man was created in Eden. It was located between the Tigris and Euphrates river. It contained rare stones. It had a tree of life. A woman was made to help the first man populate the earth.
Does this sound familiar? It should. It sounds awfully close to the abrahamic version of the garden of eden. But this isnt an abrahamic story. It is a sumerian story that was recorded in 2500BC or so.
I was just reading about it. Pretty interesting.
The god that made the first man, made the first woman behind his brothers back. Which, in turn, led to a great conflict between them. Enlil was the brother. The Earth was his domain. He became the enemy of humans.

That takes some SERIOUS distorting to fit the Epoch of Gilgamesh into the Biblical creation.

I've seen it before but find it intellectually dishonest.

No, but you have zero real proof. Even you know it.

Too many factors.
Total nonsense. The movie doesn’t change and is it’s own proof of existence, it doesn’t matter that one person cried and the other didn’t. The movie itself can be proven to exist. Your invisible god can’t be proven to exist in a consistent form like a movie can. Please try again.
God exists but no 2 people are created identical.
And you can't prove you're not in an insane asylum because they have more conviction of what they experience than we do...they're not afraid to express themselves.

[
They survived the flood considering that people predates all estimates of noahs flood. Of course, thats just estimates. Trying to estimate time from the bible seems like a waste of time.
They do have their own flood story that involves a survivor. He had visions from a god that something bad was about to happen. Then another God told him to build a big boat.

That and the fact that an actual world wide flood would throw the Earth out of our orbit. The flood is an absurdity and is localized to a region by reality.

The first man was created in Eden. It was located between the Tigris and Euphrates river. It contained rare stones. It had a tree of life. A woman was made to help the first man populate the earth.
Does this sound familiar? It should. It sounds awfully close to the abrahamic version of the garden of eden. But this isnt an abrahamic story. It is a sumerian story that was recorded in 2500BC or so.
I was just reading about it. Pretty interesting.
The god that made the first man, made the first woman behind his brothers back. Which, in turn, led to a great conflict between them. Enlil was the brother. The Earth was his domain. He became the enemy of humans.

That takes some SERIOUS distorting to fit the Epoch of Gilgamesh into the Biblical creation.

I've seen it before but find it intellectually dishonest.
Perhaps. Maybe it wasnt transtlated properly. Maybe you are just the only one in thus thread, and historians who can read their language properly

Too many factors.
And you can't prove you're not in an insane asylum because they have more conviction of what they experience than we do...they're not afraid to express themselves.
“God exists” is your proof? In other words, you have nothing.

[
The more I look into dating the more I smell hullabaloo. Just too many variables involved so I tend to ignore any dating past 2,000 years.
We all know how you take a circle of people and have them repeat a phrase as it goes around and what you get in the end is not what you started with.
A lot of those people scattered at Babel used verbal communication to maintain history, so I consider the similarities to be a validation of the written Hebrew.

Ignoring reality will not alter reality.

In fact, dating using carbon decay rates is accurate between roughly 5,000 and 50,000 years. I wouldn't place much credence on objects dated less than 2,00 years.

Too many factors.
Pay attention...I didn't say that.
I said your condition for belief does not exist.
Ever say to someone, "I can't believe you thought that movie didn't completely suck."?
Ever say to someone, "I can't believe you didn't relish that steak."?
Of course you did.
No two people ever share the same experience.
There are physical/spiritual experiences, such as seeing a phenomenal landscape, but no two people react the same way.

[
Perhaps. Maybe it wasnt transtlated properly. Maybe you are just the only one in thus thread, and historians who can read their language properly

Radical atheism is just another religion. In the zeal of the atheist religion to discredit the Christians whom they hate, they take some extreme liberties with facts.

The Sumerian texts are fascinating, and the tale of the flood undoubtedly originates in the epic poem, but the creation myth is just intellectual masturbation by atheist zealots determined to force a square peg into a round hole in hopes of discrediting those of the competing religion they hate.

Pay attention...I didn't say that.
I said your condition for belief does not exist.
Ever say to someone, "I can't believe you thought that movie didn't completely suck."?
Ever say to someone, "I can't believe you didn't relish that steak."?
Of course you did.
No two people ever share the same experience.
There are physical/spiritual experiences, such as seeing a phenomenal landscape, but no two people react the same way.
But they are sharing an experience of something that they can both prove to exist. Your invisible god can’t be proven to exist so 2 people reacting differently to something made up and non-existent is moot.

No, but you have zero real proof. Even you know it.
No. I have proof. I have presented it to you dozens of times. You don't accept it.

YOU are the one who has no proof. You have NEVER presented YOUR proof once. :lol:

Forum List

Back