Eden Garden of the GodS

But that reason is NOT ever "evidence". Thus, faith.
Who says? I can have faith in my seat belt working tomorrow and I there is evidence for that, right?

The reason for having complete trust for something can be almost anything that makes sense and is reasonable.
Like an invisible superbeing that lives in another dimension, and which no one has ever seen, but they are sure that said invisible being murdered nearly all of mankind in a flood? :lol:
What if 99% of the generation that was killed by the flood was threatening to murder Noach and his family when they were building the ark?
I think you are confused between a decree of death vs murder.
Another angle is that is you are angry at God for killing His creations, you are also questioning the God that created those people with free will.
Which means you believe that free will, including your own free will, is not a good thing.
99% of the world's population didn't know squat about Noah, there was no internet back then. :biggrin:

Death is a naturally occurring event, murder is when someone purposely drowns nearly everyone. Did I get that right?

If someone gifts me something, they can't attach conditions on the gift, that's so gauche. If god didn't want me to have free will, I'm guessing that it wouldn't have given me something that it didn't want me to have. What you're trying to do is to find a scapegoat for god's murders so that your fantasy world doesn't collapse on top of you. Not going to well, is it?
Noah spent 120 years building the ark and everyone was asking him what he was doing and why.
They mocked him.
They knew.
I take it you would not execute a murderer since you would consider that to be murder.
How did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again? How do you know that Noah spent 120 years building a boat?
I'm pro-death penalty, and god should be punished for all the murders it has committed. Do we agree?

I understand that people generally see what they want to see, but seeing stuff that's not there? That's called making stuff up because you're so desperate for it to be true. And just because you may have experienced something strange, even unexplainable, doesn't automatically point to a god, especially one that murdered nearly everyone in a flood. That's called crazy.
I am afraid you are too immature to get it even if it is all explained to you. The flood is warned about to those who were seeking righteousness. It is a flood of evil that destroys all that is not holy and it happens in the spirit but you can't seem to get there as you cannot perceive the spirit. the only portion that will remain in each is that portion slated to be made into the perfect image of righteousness. You are too busy accusing to find the spirit.

Matthew 24:37. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be
You’re too busy with your nose stuck in a book of fiction to know where a god might be. But thanks for trying.
God is a spirit that spirit is not contained in a book but the book does provide confirmation for many when they seek to understand the things that they have seen in the spirit.
Confirmation from the bible that its central character, god, is a mass murderer and rapist? Like the time that God tells Pharaoh to let his people go, but Pharaoh says no. To show Pharaoh that he means business, God retaliates by killing thousands of first born children...
What doe the word pharaoh mean?
It means the guy Yul Brynner gets to play. :biggrin:

Who says? I can have faith in my seat belt working tomorrow and I there is evidence for that, right?

The reason for having complete trust for something can be almost anything that makes sense and is reasonable.
Like an invisible superbeing that lives in another dimension, and which no one has ever seen, but they are sure that said invisible being murdered nearly all of mankind in a flood? :lol:
What if 99% of the generation that was killed by the flood was threatening to murder Noach and his family when they were building the ark?
Another angle is that is you are angry at God for killing His creations, you are also questioning the God that created those people with free will.
Which means you believe that free will, including your own free will, is not a good thing.
99% of the world's population didn't know squat about Noah, there was no internet back then. :biggrin:

Death is a naturally occurring event, murder is when someone purposely drowns nearly everyone. Did I get that right?

If someone gifts me something, they can't attach conditions on the gift, that's so gauche. If god didn't want me to have free will, I'm guessing that it wouldn't have given me something that it didn't want me to have. What you're trying to do is to find a scapegoat for god's murders so that your fantasy world doesn't collapse on top of you. Not going to well, is it?
Noah spent 120 years building the ark and everyone was asking him what he was doing and why.
They mocked him.
They knew.
I take it you would not execute a murderer since you would consider that to be murder.
How did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again? How do you know that Noah spent 120 years building a boat?
I'm pro-death penalty, and god should be punished for all the murders it has committed. Do we agree?
Kangaroos aren't not mention as spiritual hosts in the bible and God didn't murder people. People murder people and when they do this there is a price they pay for it. It is all part of the design.

I understand that people generally see what they want to see, but seeing stuff that's not there? That's called making stuff up because you're so desperate for it to be true. And just because you may have experienced something strange, even unexplainable, doesn't automatically point to a god, especially one that murdered nearly everyone in a flood. That's called crazy.
I am afraid you are too immature to get it even if it is all explained to you. The flood is warned about to those who were seeking righteousness. It is a flood of evil that destroys all that is not holy and it happens in the spirit but you can't seem to get there as you cannot perceive the spirit. the only portion that will remain in each is that portion slated to be made into the perfect image of righteousness. You are too busy accusing to find the spirit.

Matthew 24:37. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be
You’re too busy with your nose stuck in a book of fiction to know where a god might be. But thanks for trying.
God is a spirit that spirit is not contained in a book but the book does provide confirmation for many when they seek to understand the things that they have seen in the spirit.
Confirmation from the bible that its central character, god, is a mass murderer and rapist? Like the time that God tells Pharaoh to let his people go, but Pharaoh says no. To show Pharaoh that he means business, God retaliates by killing thousands of first born children...
The fact that Pharoah had the Jewish children murdered was, of course, A-OK.
No, but it makes your god look foolish and vindictive. And btw, that never actually happened, the whole story is made up. :biggrin:

It means a great naked (in shame) king with a little lantern. You re also a great naked king with a lil' lantern but you keep trying to cover your self with denial and hide that lil bit of light your lantern puts out instead getting a covering.

The first man was created in Eden. It was located between the Tigris and Euphrates river. It contained rare stones. It had a tree of life. A woman was made to help the first man populate the earth.
Does this sound familiar? It should. It sounds awfully close to the abrahamic version of the garden of eden. But this isnt an abrahamic story. It is a sumerian story that was recorded in 2500BC or so.
I was just reading about it. Pretty interesting.
The god that made the first man, made the first woman behind his brothers back. Which, in turn, led to a great conflict between them. Enlil was the brother. The Earth was his domain. He became the enemy of humans.
Of course they have the same story of creation and the flood. After Babel everyone was scattered. Verbal history by some was distorted over generations. Only the original Hebrew language survived.
They survived the flood considering that people predates all estimates of noahs flood. Of course, thats just estimates. Trying to estimate time from the bible seems like a waste of time.
They do have their own flood story that involves a survivor. He had visions from a god that something bad was about to happen. Then another God told him to build a big boat.

Does Noah get drunk and his son sodomizes him (despite having a wife) in that version?

Yeah, that's a "WTF?" moment of the Bible.

They mocked him.
They knew.
Kangaroos aren't not mention as spiritual hosts in the bible and God didn't murder people. People murder people and when they do this there is a price they pay for it. It is all part of the design.
So no kangaroos on the Ark? Then where do they come from?

Purposely drowning nearly everyone is premeditated murder.

It means a great naked (in shame) king with a little lantern. You re also a great naked king with a lil' lantern but you keep trying to cover your self with denial and hide that lil bit of light your lantern puts out instead getting a covering.
When cornered, resort to gobbledygook to confuse and dazzle your opponent? Is that what this is now? :biggrin:

They mocked him.
They knew.
Google “one continent”.
I know...you won’t.

They mocked him.
They knew.

What's an ark?

How many cells do you allow to go down the drain after a bath? Did you murder any of them?

No, but it makes your god look foolish and vindictive. And btw, that never actually happened, the whole story is made up. :biggrin:
Let’s be honest...
You have never read one verse.
Do you get your Bible quotes at the bar?
I’m really curious.

Just admit you’re a bleeding heart Liberal.

They mocked him.
They knew.
Google “one continent”.
I know...you won’t.
Already did, Pangaea, started to break up 175 million years ago. No kangaroos back then. So what's your point?

They mocked him.
They knew.
Google “one continent”.
I know...you won’t.

the GARDEN metaphor is so damned SUBLIME --------that it invites jerky far out
"interpretation"

They mocked him.
They knew.
Google “one continent”.
I know...you won’t.
Already did, Pangaea, started to break up 175 million years ago. No kangaroos back then. So what's your point?
Prove it.
As the technology to dig deeper continues on, more will be discovered.
Why do I have the impression you are in Interview PhD.

When cornered, resort to gobbledygook to confuse and dazzle your opponent? Is that what this is now? :biggrin:
if you really don't know the lingo how can you jump to such dire conclusions?

They mocked him.
They knew.

What's an ark?

How many cells do you allow to go down the drain after a bath? Did you murder any of them?
Noah's boat isn't "the ark"?

You still trying to scapegoat your mass murdering ghost with the bath story? Well then, I didn't give my cells free will and then send them down the drain when they did something I didn't like. How's that? :biggrin:

They mocked him.
They knew.
Google “one continent”.
I know...you won’t.

the GARDEN metaphor is so damned SUBLIME --------that it invites jerky far out
"interpretation"
What did God consider a Garden?

They mocked him.
They knew.

What's an ark?

You still trying to scapegoat your mass murdering ghost with the bath story? Well then, I didn't give my cells free will and then send them down the drain when they did something I didn't like. How's that? :biggrin:
We see today how forgiving God is with people’s free will.

They mocked him.
They knew.

What's an ark?

Again find out what what an ark really is and maybe we can have an intelligent discussion about it.

Yet you allowed a piece and a part to head for the sewer, right?

Forum List

Back