Elementary school shooting

Link on Michigan Gun Laws.

Purchase
No permit is required for the purchase of a rifle or shotgun.

No rifle, shotgun or handgun may be sold to a minor under 18 years of age, a convicted felon, or a person under indictment.

To purchase a handgun from either a dealer or private individual, the buyer must obtain a license to purchase from the chief of police if the buyer lives in a city, or the county sheriff if he lives in an area without an organized police department.

The buyer must be 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen, a resident of Michigan, have no felony conviction, have never been adjudged insane (unless later restored by court order), and score 70 percent on a basic pistol safety review questionnaire.

The license to purchase must be filled out in triplicate at the time of purchase. The license shall include a description of the handgun sold and the signatures of both the buyer and seller. The seller may retain one copy and the buyer retains the other two.

After purchase and delivery of the handgun is completed, the buyer must return the license to purchase along with the purchased handgun, unloaded and encased or trigger locked, to the local licensing (law enforcement) authority within 10 days.

The buyer (licensee) will then be issued a safety inspection certificate (registration) for the handgun. One copy of the license will be held by the local authority for six years and the remaining copy shall be forwarded to the Commissioner of State Police.

The license, once issued, becomes void if not used within 10 days. A valid Michigan CCW holder is exempt from license to purchase requirement, however is still subject to the registration requirements and a criminal background (NICS) check.

Michigan Gun Laws - What are the Gun Laws in Michigan?

Exactly.

I agree.

The next step is arming kindergartners and turning schools into veritable prisons. Really sad state of affairs in America.

I left the United States 16 years ago, and one of the reasons is because I do not want to raise my children with such a gun culture around. My wife and I have never regretted our decision, and shootings such as this reaffirm our decision.

And stay out....I'm sure there are no criminals where you are...

Gun culture my ass......

good riddance I say.

Look at my sig

Mayor Bloomberg is surrounded by armed guards. He's like Dianne Feinstein who wants gun control, except for the piece she carries 24/7.

What would go a long way to putting an end to this kind of carnage is to stop with the absurd idea that there is nothing wrong with the mentally ill that a little medication wouldn't fix. Mainstream them. Don't take away their rights. Accommodate them instead. Don't humiliate them by saying they are mentally ill.

Obama must be ether the luckiest SOB on the planet or the unluckiest.

He wanted to stop drilling and we got the Gulf oil spill.

It was well known that he wanted to tackle private gun ownership after the election and now this happens.

I think the guy is bad news.

Gay marriage, gun ownership, racism.
We should be thinking about peace, prosperity, and goodwill to everyone but instead we're constantly at each others' throats over his pet issues.

We need to stop this shit.

again, you'd never have had to deal with Obama to start with if you guys hadn't been so greedy.

You did this to yourselves...

But let's put this in perspective. It wasn't like his first term was absent tragedies involving the combination of crazy people and guns. We had plenty. And by and large, Obama gave those a pass because his own party has been gun-shy about these kinds of crisis.

Clinton would be out making statements about gun tragedies before the shooting stopped!

Obama has been reluctant to do so, until now. This is simply just too big to ignore.

Frankly, though, I have doubts even this tragedy will move gun control all that much.

Link on Michigan Gun Laws.

Purchase
No permit is required for the purchase of a rifle or shotgun.

No rifle, shotgun or handgun may be sold to a minor under 18 years of age, a convicted felon, or a person under indictment.

To purchase a handgun from either a dealer or private individual, the buyer must obtain a license to purchase from the chief of police if the buyer lives in a city, or the county sheriff if he lives in an area without an organized police department.

The buyer must be 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen, a resident of Michigan, have no felony conviction, have never been adjudged insane (unless later restored by court order), and score 70 percent on a basic pistol safety review questionnaire.

The license to purchase must be filled out in triplicate at the time of purchase. The license shall include a description of the handgun sold and the signatures of both the buyer and seller. The seller may retain one copy and the buyer retains the other two.

After purchase and delivery of the handgun is completed, the buyer must return the license to purchase along with the purchased handgun, unloaded and encased or trigger locked, to the local licensing (law enforcement) authority within 10 days.

The buyer (licensee) will then be issued a safety inspection certificate (registration) for the handgun. One copy of the license will be held by the local authority for six years and the remaining copy shall be forwarded to the Commissioner of State Police.

The license, once issued, becomes void if not used within 10 days. A valid Michigan CCW holder is exempt from license to purchase requirement, however is still subject to the registration requirements and a criminal background (NICS) check.

Michigan Gun Laws - What are the Gun Laws in Michigan?

"No permit is required for the purchase of a rifle or shotgun." especially in Detroit

So we should abort every pregnancy to make sure we get all the crazies?

Great strategy.
:cuckoo:

No what she sounds like she is suggesting is kill all conservatives parents unborn babies

The really bizarre thing is that she wants to stop killings of innocent children by killing innocent children. :wtf:

In her twisted demented mind conservatives parents unborn baby's are guilty by association.

School shooter Adam Lanza likely on meds; labeled as having ‘personality disorder’

Gun control? We need medication control!

In mass shootings involving guns and mind-altering medications, politicians immediately seek to blame guns but never the medication. Nearly every mass shooting that has taken place in America over the last two decades has a link to psychiatric medication, and it appears today's tragic event is headed in the same direction.

According to ABC News, Adam Lanza, the alleged shooter, has been labeled as having "mental illness" and a "personality disorder." These are precisely the words typically heard in a person who is being "treated" with mind-altering psychiatric drugs.

One of the most common side effects of psychiatric drugs is violent outbursts and thoughts of suicide.

The Columbine High School shooters were, of course, on psychiatric drugs at the time they shot their classmates in 1999. Suicidal tendencies and violent, destructive thoughts are some of the admitted behavioral side effects of mind-altering prescription medications.

No gun can, by itself, shoot anyone. It must be triggered by a person who makes a decision to use it. And while people like NY Mayor Bloomberg are predictably trying to exploit the deaths of these children to call for guns to be stripped from all law abiding citizens who have done nothing wrong whatsoever, nobody calls for medication control.

source link: Gun control? We need medication control! Newton elementary school shooter Adam Lanza likely on meds; labeled as having 'personality disorder'

Former FBI Informant: Obama will Destroy America Once He Has All The Guns

Former FBI Informant: Obama will Destroy America Once He Has All The Guns - YouTube

Don't know about all these links but I will say that I am much more troubled by the prescription drugging of children than I am of legal gun ownership. I have never done a check on all the common ground these drugs have in these shootings but I am definitely concerned about the over-prescription of some drugs.

I knew of a little rambunctious toddler(one I would call normal) now a 6 year old placed on certain psychotropic drugs in order to alter his "behavior". His behavior seemed like the behavior of many children. His behavior now that he is under the care of a doctor and is taking these drugs is troubling.

No one that I know has suggested that. What has been suggested is train teachers in firearms by a state certified firearms instructor.

The child can't get to the firearm is the teacher is concealed carrying/ OPEN CARRY. That's one thing you are taught in firearms training, firearms awareness and how to prevent from being disarmed.

It just gets worse doesn't it?

We have a hard enough time getting good teachers who know how to teach Johnny to read, now you want them trained in SWAT tactics on how to take out an armed assassin

Open carry in the classrooms?

Are you fucking nuts?
Anyone who wants gun free zones are nuts. Why do you want unarmed people murdered?

a gun free zone is an area where an armed criminal can do their thing without fear of reprisal.

The left protects children. After all didn't they stop kids from attending a Charlie Brown play. That's got to be more important than embarrassing some crazy guy from shooting up an elementary school.

Mike Huckabee: Newtown Shooting No Surprise, We've 'Systematically Removed God' From Schools

"We ask why there is violence in our schools, but we have systematically removed God from our schools," Huckabee said on Fox News. "Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage?"

What a vile man he is. He needs to go spend more time wit his good friend, Poopy Pants Nugent.

Not just indefensible and stupid, it makes no sense.

If its the fault of these kids not praying in school, then is it also the fault of the Aurora victims for not praying in the theater?

Indefensible?
How many school shootings did they have when they had school prayer everyday the first thing in the morning?

The left protects children. After all didn't they stop kids from attending a Charlie Brown play. That's got to be more important than embarrassing some crazy guy from shooting up an elementary school.

Not sure what the logic here is, exactly.

Are you saying that if they let the kids watch the corny Charlie Brown play, that would have stopped the guy in another state from takng his mothers guns and shooting up a school?

Mike Huckabee: Newtown Shooting No Surprise, We've 'Systematically Removed God' From Schools

"We ask why there is violence in our schools, but we have systematically removed God from our schools," Huckabee said on Fox News. "Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage?"

What a vile man he is. He needs to go spend more time wit his good friend, Poopy Pants Nugent.

If its the fault of these kids not praying in school, then is it also the fault of the Aurora victims for not praying in the theater?

Indefensible?
How many school shootings did they have when they had school prayer everyday the first thing in the morning?

What's really amusing is that he thinks the victims were the ones who had God removed from the schools.

It just gets worse doesn't it?

We have a hard enough time getting good teachers who know how to teach Johnny to read, now you want them trained in SWAT tactics on how to take out an armed assassin

Open carry in the classrooms?

Are you fucking nuts?
Anyone who wants gun free zones are nuts. Why do you want unarmed people murdered?

a gun free zone is an area where an armed criminal can do their thing without fear of reprisal.

Terrorist love gun-free zones.

Indefensible?

Most public schools never had school prayer in the morning. It was only a few communities that still did when the SCOTUS said it was unconstitutional to do so.

So a court decision 50 years ago is relevent, but the fact mom had a small arsenal lying around the house with her crazy son who still lived at home didn't constitute "access".

What the hell are you smoking?

Obama must be ether the luckiest SOB on the planet or the unluckiest.

He wanted to stop drilling and we got the Gulf oil spill.

It was well known that he wanted to tackle private gun ownership after the election and now this happens.

I think the guy is bad news.

Gay marriage, gun ownership, racism.
We should be thinking about peace, prosperity, and goodwill to everyone but instead we're constantly at each others' throats over his pet issues.

We need to stop this shit.

Good point. obama is just very clever about getting what he wants. He knows how to engineer circumstances.

I think removing the insanity in politics would go a long way towards ending some of the more recent gun violence.

We've systematically removed God from more than the schools. We've removed God from everything. God has been replaced by the idea that everyman is God, which made Adam Lanza his own God. Now Adam Lanza has become the victim that no one dare blame.

We have a serious problem, not with guns, with mental illness. They aren't just like everyone else. It's not wrong to identify them and remove them.

How has removing god caused this?

How would replacing god stop this?

Please be specific with your answers.

I'll leave it to greater minds to officially sort this out but I don't think 'more gun control', 'more mental health intervention' or any of the usual solutions would apply to preventing a situation like this.

?? 'If' he was suffering from a personality disorder/unspecified and/or autism from my meager understanding it sounds like he fixated on 'a thought/feeling' and then developed a plan and took action.

This sort of thing seems to fall into beyond mortal control.

Maybe someone else will have more pragmatic ideas.

How this doesn't happen even more frequently--that is what I am wondering right now.

Forum List

Back