Elementary school shooting

Gunshots were the manner of death but not the motive for the killings.

Many objects and things can kill us and do in the hands of the wrong people or when other human factors intercede or something or someone fails. The objects in themselves are not dangerous.

A safely parked car does no harm. Put a drunk driver behind the wheel of that same car and it can do the same harm and destruction as a gun.
Still, it actually IS the price of flying. Each time anyone gets on an airplane, there is a chance that it will crash or some POS will make it crash.

Life is rough, but I think it would be harder if I had to spend my life as a bubble boy.

Definitely. And I long ago decided I did not need nor want government over-regulating my life in order to keep me "safe". I know life is without guarantees. I accept all the obvious laws but to think more gun laws will prevent what happened Friday is simply shortsighted imo.

If we banned every gun no one still would be able to guarantee us these mass killings will never happen again. No one.
Yup. They'd just use bombs...and already have on several occasions.

Three out of five Internet forum posters who claim that they were once police officers is lying.

I could care less what the other three say., or for what it's worth what you think your opinion and speculation doesn't change what I have accomplished in my life.

Yeah.....I'm leaning toward not believing that you were once a police officer.

I said your opinion is irrelevant I don't care if you believe me or not. It does not change one thing about me and that is all that counts.

Gunshots were the manner of death but not the motive for the killings.

Many objects and things can kill us and do in the hands of the wrong people or when other human factors intercede or something or someone fails. The objects in themselves are not dangerous.

A safely parked car does no harm. Put a drunk driver behind the wheel of that same car and it can do the same harm and destruction as a gun.
Still, it actually IS the price of flying. Each time anyone gets on an airplane, there is a chance that it will crash or some POS will make it crash.

Life is rough, but I think it would be harder if I had to spend my life as a bubble boy.

Definitely. And I long ago decided I did not need nor want government over-regulating my life in order to keep me "safe". I know life is without guarantees. I accept all the obvious laws but to think more gun laws will prevent what happened Friday is simply shortsighted imo.

If we banned every gun no one still would be able to guarantee us these mass killings will never happen again. No one.

You seem like such a sweet, nice person. I can almost hear soft music playing when I read your gently written comments.

That doesn't excuse the fact that you have bought into the nutter lie machine and think that our government is bent on stripping you of your freedom. Your apparently even-handed approach is exposed for what it is by the assumptions that you make......and reference in such a casual manner.

You looking for guarantees? Not going to get them. You also won't find anyone here who is suggesting that we ban all guns. But that sure sounds scary....don't it?

I could care less what the other three say., or for what it's worth what you think your opinion and speculation doesn't change what I have accomplished in my life.

Yeah.....I'm leaning toward not believing that you were once a police officer.

I said your opinion is irrelevant I don't care if you believe me or not. It does not change one thing about me and that is all that counts.

Why would a person lie about such a thing?

There is an international treaty and ban on WMDs.

We're talking guns here.
There are guns designed for sport. there are guns designed for self defense. And then there are guns designed for the military and law enforcement. Those guns fire multiple rounds per second and can continue to fire so long as a high capacity magazine is attached. Those guns are weapons of mass destruction. Those are the weapons responsible for the modern phenomena of the "mass shooting". Those are the weapons a well regulated militia should be responsible for.
:lol: WMDs are not guns. They have specific qualities and definitions. You can keep trying to say that guns are WMDs, but definitions disagree.

Get a grip...you're looking stupid using an inaccurate term.
26 victims in less than five minutes. Was that mass destruction?

There are guns designed for sport. there are guns designed for self defense. And then there are guns designed for the military and law enforcement. Those guns fire multiple rounds per second and can continue to fire so long as a high capacity magazine is attached. Those guns are weapons of mass destruction. Those are the weapons responsible for the modern phenomena of the "mass shooting". Those are the weapons a well regulated militia should be responsible for.
:lol: WMDs are not guns. They have specific qualities and definitions. You can keep trying to say that guns are WMDs, but definitions disagree.

Knee jerk reaction will never accomplish anything.

The Jews are familiar with that in the modern Age... As we were in the 20's when the Deadliest School Attack in American History occurred.

Chinese children are Targeted with Blades in their Classrooms...

:)

peace...

You can thank me for clearing up your confusion, later:

The U.S. military refers to WMD as:

Chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear weapons capable of a high order of destruction or causing mass casualties and exclude the means of transporting or propelling the weapon where such means is a separable and divisible part from the weapon. Also called WMD.

For the general purposes of national defense,[23] US Code[24] defines a weapon of mass destruction as:

any weapon or device that is intended, or has the capability, to cause death or serious bodily injury to a significant number of people through the release, dissemination, or impact of:
toxic or poisonous chemicals or their precursors
a disease organism
radiation or radioactivity[25]

For the purposes of the prevention of weapons proliferation,[26] US Code defines weapons of mass destruction as "chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons, and chemical, biological, and nuclear materials used in the manufacture of such weapons."[27]

For the purposes of US Criminal law concerning terrorism,[28] weapons of mass destruction are defined as:

any destructive device defined as any explosive, incendiary, or poison gas bomb, grenade, rocket having a propellant charge of more than four ounces, missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than one-quarter ounce, mine, or device similar to any of the devices described in the preceding clauses[29]
any weapon that is designed or intended to cause death or serious bodily injury through the release, dissemination, or impact of toxic or poisonous chemicals, or their precursors
any weapon involving a biological agent, toxin, or vector
any weapon that is designed to release radiation or radioactivity at a level dangerous to human life[30]

The Federal Bureau of Investigation's definition is similar to that presented above from the terrorism statute:[31]

any explosive or incendiary device, as defined in Title 18 USC, Section 921: bomb, grenade, rocket, missile, mine, or other device with a charge of more than four ounces
any weapon designed or intended to cause death or serious bodily injury through the release, dissemination, or impact of toxic or poisonous chemicals or their precursors
any weapon involving a disease organism
any weapon designed to release radiation or radioactivity at a level dangerous to human life
any device or weapon designed or intended to cause death or serious bodily injury by causing a malfunction of or destruction of an aircraft or other vehicle that carries humans or of an aircraft or other vehicle whose malfunction or destruction may cause said aircraft or other vehicle to cause death or serious bodily injury to humans who may be within range of the vector in its course of travel or the travel of its debris.

Weapon of mass destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or the black market guns that will always exist would be used to commit the same exact crime.

When will people learn to focus on the reasons people do what they do and stop blaming but one object only, guns, that can be used to kill others.

That same killer could have wiped out as many kids in the school playground or on a soccer field with his car. There is no call to ban or restrict the use of cars.

And my gun control proposal guarantees that.

I guarantee your "proposal" will never happen
And I guarantee that without some realistic ban on weapons of mass destruction, there will be further tragedies and mass shootings. Take the "mass" out of "mass shooting" by taking high capacity magazines and semi or fully automatic firing systems out of the hands of the citizenry. Such shootings never happened until the gun lobby got its way. And now we all suffer. Suffer in the truest sense. Not the bleating and braying of some gun nuts bitterly clinging to their Rambo fantasies.

Hmmm, I can fire my revolver as fast as my Semi auto 308......

A car can do the same, perhaps in less time, in the hands of someone intent on killing others in large numbers. What should we do about cars? Keep trying to impede the 2nd Amendment with more gun laws and I promise you that those whose desire is to kill many will use other means. If mental illness is in play anything is possible.

A car can do the same, perhaps in less time, in the hands of someone intent on killing others in large numbers. What should we do about cars? Keep trying to impede the 2nd Amendment with more gun laws and I promise you that those whose desire is to kill many will use other means. If mental illness is in play anything is possible.

The 9/11 hijackers killed hundreds if not thousands of victims in seconds. Maybe we need plane control laws?

Or the black market guns that will always exist would be used to commit the same exact crime.

When will people learn to focus on the reasons people do what they do and stop blaming but one object only, guns, that can be used to kill others.

That same killer could have wiped out as many kids in the school playground or on a soccer field with his car. There is no call to ban or restrict the use of cars.

Nobody is blaming but one object. Nobody. Got it. Nobody.

But....it is strange that so many concerned citizens wish to avoid considering that guns might have something to do with mass murders committed by people using guns.

They need to be part of the discussion....don't you agree?

The 9/11 hijackers killed hundreds if not thousands of victims in seconds. Maybe we need plane control laws?

many laws changed after 911

many laws changed after 911

Did they outlaw the 757 & 767 jets that were used to kill the victims?
Did they require medical & criminal background checks before you can get on a plane?
Did they restrict how many times you can get on a plane?
Did they enact a 3 day waiting period before you can get your boarding pass?

Why don't you ask someone who has lied?

I just did.

Prove I lied shit stain?
If you can't do that that makes you a liar.

I have to prove that you're lying....but you don't have to prove that you are not? That doesn't seem like much of a bargain.

I don't believe that you were ever a police officer. I have never read a comment of yours that led me to think you have a law enforcement background. You don't strike me as intelligent enough to pass the tests. I am just not buying it.

Say something to make me believe you......and I will.

Have you not travelled by plane since then?

Forum List

Back