Elementary school shooting

The 9/11 hijackers killed hundreds if not thousands of victims in seconds. Maybe we need plane control laws?

many laws changed after 911

Did they outlaw the 757 & 767 jets that were used to kill the victims?
Did they require medical & criminal background checks before you can get on a plane?
Did they restrict how many times you can get on a plane?
Did they enact a 3 day waiting period before you can get your boarding pass?

I hope you didn't hurt yourself coming up with this brilliant train of thought. You are really taking this discussion to uncharted depths. I'm not sure I can handle it.

A car can do the same, perhaps in less time, in the hands of someone intent on killing others in large numbers. What should we do about cars? Keep trying to impede the 2nd Amendment with more gun laws and I promise you that those whose desire is to kill many will use other means. If mental illness is in play anything is possible.

The 9/11 hijackers killed hundreds if not thousands of victims in seconds. Maybe we need plane control laws?

Have you not travelled by plane since then?

Yes, I have. And not once have I had to have a background check before I could possess a plane ticket.

Yup. They'd just use bombs...and already have on several occasions.

Or the black market guns that will always exist would be used to commit the same exact crime.

When will people learn to focus on the reasons people do what they do and stop blaming but one object only, guns, that can be used to kill others.

That same killer could have wiped out as many kids in the school playground or on a soccer field with his car. There is no call to ban or restrict the use of cars.

Nobody is blaming but one object. Nobody. Got it. Nobody.

But....it is strange that so many concerned citizens wish to avoid considering that guns might have something to do with mass murders committed by people using guns.

They need to be part of the discussion....don't you agree?

I am not naive enough sir to not know there are people who want to remove guns from the people so please do not pee on my shoe and try to convince me it is raining.

Now let me dissect your words.

so many concerned citizens wish to avoid considering that guns might have something to do with mass murders committed by people using guns.

Concerned citizens are the only ones who even discuss these issues so that added word of concerned is not needed.

Sir we all are quite aware that guns can kill. I am not aware of anyone here or elsewhere disputing this elementary fact. Please show me someone here who is.

Tell me exactly how you can promise me/us with 100% certainty that no more mass killings will ever happen in the US. You're in charge for the moment. Give me your answers. Remember I want 100% surety that this will never happen again.

Stupid once again you're using a straw man crazy people aren't allowed to buy guns

Why does a state with the toughest gun laws have a mass shooting?

Connecticut gun laws among the toughest in the U.S. - The York Daily Record

Because being the "toughest gun law in the US" is like being the "Leper with the most fingers".

It's still rotten.

A crazy person was able to get guns. Guns were too easy for him to get.

Crazy Person + Gun = Tragedy.

Crazy Person - Gun = Unhappy crazy person who probably still needs help.

Crazy Person + Vehicle = Tragedy
Crazy Person + Knives = Tragedy
Crazy Person + Chemicals =Tragedy
Crazy Person + Hammer = Tragedy
Crazy Person + Poisoned Kool Aid =Tragedy

See the common theme?

The issue is and always will be the breakdown in understanding and caring for those suffering with mental illness.

The issue today is trying to understand whether the use of prescription psychotropic medications in children and teens is creating a new crisis or issue.

The issue today is exploring whether the healthcare and support system we offer the mentally ill is working properly to protect the sick from harming themselves and harming others.

Don't let politics cloud your thinking. I am more than willing to discuss assault weapons but others should be willing to address the huge role mental illness often plays in these mass killings.

I agree. The means by which someone kills is not as important as why they kill and how to adequately predict who will be violent and to what degree. I believe it is a matter of how advanced the field of metal health is rather than whether adequate services are being offered/provided.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just did.

Prove I lied shit stain?
If you can't do that that makes you a liar.

I have to prove that you're lying....but you don't have to prove that you are not? That doesn't seem like much of a bargain.

I don't believe that you were ever a police officer. I have never read a comment of yours that led me to think you have a law enforcement background. You don't strike me as intelligent enough to pass the tests. I am just not buying it.

Say something to make me believe you......and I will.

You're the one accusing me of lying I am not accusing you.

I don't believe that you were ever a police officer. I have never read a comment of yours that led me to think you have a law enforcement background. You don't strike me as intelligent enough to pass the tests. I am just not buying it.
Your opinion and what you buy or don't buy is irrelevant. So we both have the same opinion of each other. but does that change either of us?

Or the black market guns that will always exist would be used to commit the same exact crime.

When will people learn to focus on the reasons people do what they do and stop blaming but one object only, guns, that can be used to kill others.

That same killer could have wiped out as many kids in the school playground or on a soccer field with his car. There is no call to ban or restrict the use of cars.

But....it is strange that so many concerned citizens wish to avoid considering that guns might have something to do with mass murders committed by people using guns.

I am not naive enough sir to not know there are people who want to remove guns from the people so please do not pee on my shoe and try to convince me it is raining.

so many concerned citizens wish to avoid considering that guns might have something to do with mass murders committed by people using guns.

Concerned citizens are the only ones who even discuss these issues so that added word of concerned is not needed.

Sir we all are quite aware that guns can kill. I am not aware of anyone here or elsewhere disputing this elementary fact. Please show me someone here who is.

Tell me exactly how you can promise me/us with 100% certainty that no more mass killings will ever happen in the US. You're in charge for the moment. Give me your answers. Remember I want 100% surety that this will never happen again.

Who wants to ban all guns? Name names, please. I have seen measured responses from those who think certain types of weapons need better regulation. I have not seen anyone advocating a total gun ban. YOU, on the other hand, have made the remark that you want to be 100% guaranteed that banning all guns will prevent mass killings. It is YOU that has suggested a total gun ban.
You might be pissing on your own shoes, miss.

I want the discussion to include possible gun regulations that could be a part of the solution. You do not. That is where we differ.

Prove I lied shit stain?
If you can't do that that makes you a liar.

I have to prove that you're lying....but you don't have to prove that you are not? That doesn't seem like much of a bargain.

Your opinion and what you buy or don't buy is irrelevant. So we both have the same opinion of each other. but does that change either of us?

C'mon, man. Just say something that will convince me that you were once a cop. My son is a cop, so I will have no problem verifying your statement.

C'mon.....make me look silly and force me to apologize.

Who wants to ban all guns? Name names, please. I have seen measured responses from those who think certain types of weapons need better regulation. I have not seen anyone advocating a total gun ban. YOU, on the other hand, have made the remark that you want to be 100% guaranteed that banning all guns will prevent mass killings. It is YOU that has suggested a total gun ban.

I want the discussion to include possible gun regulations that could be a part of the solution. You do not. That is where we differ.

I want the discussion to include possible gun regulations that could be a part of the solution

Tell me what you know about Connecticut gun laws and tell me what new law or laws you would add to have prevented these killings.

What additional gun regulations would prevent this?

C'mon, man. Just say something that will convince me that you were once a cop. My son is a cop, so I will have no problem verifying your statement.

My son is a cop
I don't believe it. Prove it. is that how it's done?

many laws changed after 911

Did they outlaw the 757 & 767 jets that were used to kill the victims?
Did they require medical & criminal background checks before you can get on a plane?
Did they restrict how many times you can get on a plane?
Did they enact a 3 day waiting period before you can get your boarding pass?[/QUOTE]

Speeded that part up huh?

Ban airplanes. Too many folks die because of them.

Ban cars, too. Especially ban alcohol.

When planes crash, there is a HUGE effort to trace causes and come up with solutions.

There is not a concerted effort to say "Oh well, price of flying" and wholesale bashing of those who come up with concerns.
Still, vehicles and alcohol cause more deaths per year than guns.

Ban them both.

So you really couldn't answer her point, then?

Here's the thing. When we found out the threshold for DUI was too high, we lowered it. When the Ford Pinto was found to be the "Barbaque that seats four", there were actions taken against Ford to make them correct it. We've mandated seat belt laws and air bags and other things to make cars safer.

If we treated guns like cars - licensed, registered and insured before you could own one, we'd have a lot less tragedies like Friday's.

To both of you.......I do not pretend to know. But I want our lawmakers to approach this problem in a comprehensive manner. To ignore the firearms completely is kind of dumb.

We are a people who value our right to own guns. They will always be part of our deal. We have to figure out a way to deal with this problem while preserving that right. Sometimes, in order to preserve something, some concessions need to be made.

When planes crash, there is a HUGE effort to trace causes and come up with solutions.

There is not a concerted effort to say "Oh well, price of flying" and wholesale bashing of those who come up with concerns.

Ban them both.

Here's the thing. When we found out the threshold for DUI was too high, we lowered it. When the Ford Pinto was found to be the "Barbaque that seats four", there were actions taken against Ford to make them correct it. We've mandated seat belt laws and air bags and other things to make cars safer.

If we treated guns like cars - licensed, registered and insured before you could own one, we'd have a lot less tragedies like Friday's.
And, gun regulations get stricter and stricter.

She had no point.

To both of you.......I do not pretend to know. But I want our lawmakers to approach this problem in a comprehensive manner. To ignore the firearms completely is kind of dumb.

We are a people who value our right to own guns. They will always be part of our deal. We have to figure out a way to deal with this problem while preserving that right. Sometimes, in order to preserve something, some concessions need to be made.

I agree. The gun nuts are the ones who aren't willing to even go halfway. And that's the problem.

I have no problem with gun ownership if the gun-owner registers, licenses and safely stores his weapon, and carries insurance for any damage that gun might cause. Just like you'd be required to do if you wanted to engage in any number of other activities.

Some guns simply should not be in civilian hands. Anything that fire semi-automatically, or has a high capacity clip.

My son is a cop
I don't believe it. Prove it. is that how it's done?

You have yet to even try to convince me. Why is that again?

Ban them both.

And, gun regulations get stricter and stricter.

She had no point.

Oh, please. if anything, they are getting looser. How many states have "concealed Carry laws" now compared to 20 years ago?

The gun regulations are not strict enough. Not when Joker Holmes can walk into a gun store and buy a 100 round clip despite being batshit crazy.

Concessions on infringement of the right to bear arms have been made for decades and during those decades, gun fatalities have increased.

Ban them both.

How many criminals do you think will allow the firearms they have to be licensed, registered and insured
How many gang banger will march in lock step to have this done?

Forum List

Back